Roy Masters' journey to irrelevance is complete

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's easy to get caught up in Master's nonsense, and get angry at the distortion of truth. However, that's all it is: nonsense. Do you think the great St George and Souths teams of the 50s and 60s were made up of all local juniors who played for nothing? Dream on! All Manly has ever done is the same as every other club: buy the best available players. It wasn't until Manly became successful in the 70s that suddenly buying players became "poaching". What a load of crap. No player was ever forced to play for Manly (I mean who wouldn't want to wear the maroon and white). It's all based on jealousy. Smart operators like Jack Gibson always believed that premierships started in the back office. Manly recognised that via Ken Arthurson and it lead to a period of magnificent success. Something Master's knows little about.

Was just reading an article on SMH, minding my own business, when I came across this quote:

"The days when networks bought sports rights to prevent the opposition acquiring them – as Manly bought North Sydney first-graders and relegated them to reserve grade – are over."

WTF

How could anyone write such rubbish. Instead of continuing to read the article, I went up to see who wrote it. Who else, but our old mate (and I do mean old) Roy Masters. What a pathetic, bitter, irrelevant, ancient-agenda-driven toilet brush. Not sure if I can ever read an article by him again. Many of you may already have done so. Can he still not get over Manly consistently smashing his hopeless magpies?
Toilet paper is worth more than the smh these days!

If North's players hated Manly so much like that clubs fans did/do, why did so many want to leave the Bears and join us?

Because players want to win premierships, not wooden spoons. At Manly they had every chance of doing that. At Norths they thought they'd won the lottery just getting close to the Finals.

Masters is still bitter 42 years later that his Magpies, and they were a good side, lets not say they weren't, just could not get the better of Manly when it counted. His best chance to win a premiership (other than 1985) and they got done before the big dance by a team that was practically running on empty at the time. He's never gotten over that.

Don't forget though just 2 more years until the centenary celebrations of Norths last premiership win. (With apologies to my North Sydney mates.)

Don't forget though just 2 more years until the centenary celebrations of Norths last premiership win. (With apologies to my North Sydney mates.)
Yes, but just remember, it was a Premiership Win ONLY !!!

It was the same for their 1921 victory too.

In their whole First Grade existence, they NEVER won a Grand Final !!!!

Even Better

0f8b87c1587413a1db4a5299fa6d2cd8

ada7af2cab10da8b5ce0e239f72b75fd

rugby-league-at-scgsemi-finalscanterbury-vs-wests-roy-mastersroy-the-picture-id1080629168

I claim them as manly premierships. Half the teams were from the beaches.

Roy who? I’m afraid dear old Roy became irrelevant sometime in the last century. I’d never read or watch another word from such a bitter, twisted old
punnet head.

In 2009 I was in Melbourne on holidays while the first Origin was on and Roy got into a lift with my wife and I at our hoteI. As we got out, I turned to him and said. “Excuse me Mr Masters. I’m a Manly Warringah supporter and I hope you choked on our grand final win. 40 nil you d-head.” As he walked away my wife got really angry at me for being so rude to the old man with the walking stick as she called him.

If there's a silver lining about sport being on hold (there's not really) is that everyone can now see just how little we need this collective of agenda driven whiners. Most sporting content seems to be coming from ex players actually talking about games and or the players that they admired.

It's much more interesting hearing from those "who did" than those who "never were" in most cases.

If the media need to save some money, lay off these hacks for a few months. They too can open up an ice cream truck and "soft serve" themselves.

Roy .....
"The days when networks bought sports rights to prevent the opposition acquiring them – as Manly bought North Sydney first-graders and relegated them to reserve grade – are over."

North Sydney and Western Suburbs days are over as well Roy. Thanks for the memories

Should sue this useless sack of **** for the years of ****wits who believed him and made us the bad guys we never were

He is a reason our fanbase is small the geriatric ****

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4