Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 2023 cross forums chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8468.jpg
Cult - broncoshq.com

People claiming Mam's tackle was intentional have never played a game of league against a player bigger than them running at speed. When you make a tackle like that you're always going to swing around the player and land behind them.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
10185.jpg
Midean - broncoshq.com

Maam gets dragged by a bigger stronger bloke and momentum does the rest.
Initially i thought Maams was the worst of the three, but after rewatching it and listening to Brandy break it down, i tend to agree with him.

You can see Maam attempt to dig his feet in the ground to pull the guy up, but didnt have the strength and got dragged into a rear position over his legs.

Absolutely not intentionally dropping his weight on his legs, he is just getting dragged along and physics is doing the rest.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8670.jpg
BroncosFever - broncoshq.com

It gets to a point where the momentum and strength of the bigger man makes it so the smaller guy just can't bring him down and that's when Mam loses his feet, in that situation he's only going to end up in one place and that's on the back of the bigger guys legs.

You can see in the replay Mam was trying desperately to stay on his feet but it just got to a point where he couldn't anymore.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 855

8468.jpg
Cult - broncoshq.com

People claiming Mam's tackle was intentional have never played a game of league against a player bigger than them running at speed. When you make a tackle like that you're always going to swing around the player and land behind them.

As a smaller person who has played league.for the majority of my life. I can say you can tackle a bigger player and keep your feet behind you when tackling it's entirely possible.

What differs here is Mam isn't trying to stop him by wrapping the legs at all. He's attempting to stop him using his body weight. While continuing to hold on to his waist.

I m also not saying that there won't be cases when a smaller player gets dragged like that but in this case he stuck the contact then remained with the waist and made not attempt to slide down.

Granted it was at speed but you can make legs tackles at speed too.

What it comes down to is the wrestle and the tackler being in a dominant position when the tackle is made and text book bears no advantage. So they don't do it anymore. Coding you do there's an offload or a quick play of the ball coming and you're down a man at the marker. So no incentive to tackle properly.

A bit left of field

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8670.jpg

Pretty much every dodgy tackling technique can come back to one thing, if you tackle a guy around the ankles you get no ascendency in the ruck. He gets up and plays it quick, you're not square at marker, away they go.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

Maam gets dragged by a bigger stronger bloke and momentum does the rest.
Initially i thought Maams was the worst of the three, but after rewatching it and listening to Brandy break it down, i tend to agree with him.

You can see Maam attempt to dig his feet in the ground to pull the guy up, but didnt have the strength and got dragged into a rear position over his legs.

Absolutely not intentionally dropping his weight on his legs, he is just getting dragged along and physics is doing the rest.

If you watch it again you'll see that Mam's actions aren't what brings the Eels player to the ground. He feels the tackler behind him and deliberately drops, he's just milking the ****ing tackle, and doesn't get caught or twisted at all. But he goes down all "Oh no I'm being injured" and when nothing comes of it he's all sweet. It's only after the rest of the entire set that the video ref goes back to it.

And that's why you can't use "injury" to assess danger, because gutless flogs will feign it to get an advantage.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 855

8670.jpg

Pretty much every dodgy tackling technique can come back to one thing, if you tackle a guy around the ankles you get no ascendency in the ruck. He gets up and plays it quick, you're not square at marker, away they go.

Basically so unless there is incentive we won't see it back in the game as a fix to the hip drop etc.

The only other fix I see is the tackler hold and then allow themselves to be dragged. Meaning feet stay behind them.

They fixed the cannonball and chicken wing to and extent in a way.

Crusher is a bit different because attacking players turn. If you really wanted to fix that you'd penalize players to turning their backs to the try line or after the spin and are "tied" up they surrender because they have up their right to fight for a meter when they put themselves into that position.

Or the Ref could call held as soon as they turn and multiple players are hold the attacking player.. Could speed the game up though.

A bit left of field

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

Its a try before the tech to slow it down was around.

Thats how i see it in any case, but i also see the alternative.
There is a reason Joey said what he said.

I just wonder where it ends, as i said earlier, you slow down any play enough you will find an error.

I thought it was a try, and only in super slow motion did it look like he rolled it forward vs simultaneous downward pressure.

I also think the Yow Yeh one was a try though haha.

edit: if you plant a try but at the same time roll the hand over the ball and propel it forward, while simultaneously forcing it with downward pressure, which move is counted first? The downward pressure or the roll forward?

This stuff is all happening in fractions of a second.
The downward pressure.

You couldn't ground the ball like some players do in the field of play without it being a knock on. It's only in the in-goal where you can get away with it.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

If you watch it again you'll see that Mam's actions aren't what brings the Eels player to the ground. He feels the tackler behind him and deliberately drops, he's just milking the ****ing tackle, and doesn't get caught or twisted at all. But he goes down all "Oh no I'm being injured" and when nothing comes of it he's all sweet. It's only after the rest of the entire set that the video ref goes back to it.

And that's why you can't use "injury" to assess danger, because gutless flogs will feign it to get an advantage.
He also faked a head high shot and should've been dragged for a HIA, but apparently that deterrent isn't really a thing... it's just something the pundits like to talk about, even though it barely happens

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
5003.jpg
jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 6,243

The player who gets hip dropped screams in pain, Is that real or acting?
Its always so hard to tell when there is pressure on the leg. Sometimes with those crusher ones you see a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle is blown which can be frustrating.

One thing we can be sure of is that Regan's pain was 100% legit last night. The sideline commentator said it took him ages to get up some stairs.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
3753.jpg
Dixpat - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 6,268

Mam & Haas both charged and will miss 1 game with guilty plea

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8311.jpg
Harry Sack - broncoshq.com

3753.jpg
Dixpat - nzwarriors.com

Mam & Haas both charged and will miss 1 game with guilty plea

Meanwhile Hopgood, cops a fine. Was his second charge too. His was also arguably the most hip drop of the lot. This **** is bonkers.

memberawards2017-harrycombined-png.2055

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
22.jpg
mrblonde - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 6,252

Basically so unless there is incentive we won't see it back in the game as a fix to the hip drop etc.

The only other fix I see is the tackler hold and then allow themselves to be dragged. Meaning feet stay behind them.

They fixed the cannonball and chicken wing to and extent in a way.

Crusher is a bit different because attacking players turn. If you really wanted to fix that you'd penalize players to turning their backs to the try line or after the spin and are "tied" up they surrender because they gave up their right to fight for a meter when they put themselves into that position.

Or the Ref could call held as soon as they turn and multiple players are hold the attacking player.. Could speed the game up though.
The decision for a referee to call "TACKLE" is based too much on whether momentum has been halted and as players are "Bigger! Stronger! Faster!" (c) 1999 or 2000 Warriors NRL Campaign I Forget Exactly Which, these days, stopping a player's momentum often requires more than one tackler - well, that and the fact that the Storm began the multiple-tackle craze and the NRL never thought to put a stop to it/allow it only in certain situations.
The only reason for one-on-one tackles now - and of course there's players peeling off to allow this to occur so technically it's a one-on-one tackle because there's only one player when the ref yells "TACKLE" but it's not - is the stripping rule.
Maybe something as drastic as a "No off-load in a one-on-one tackle situation" rule or "the attacking player gets to take an extra step in a multiple-tackler situation" rules is required?
Off course, the ultimate rule change would be to ban multiple-player tackles or rule that those don't count as part of the attacking team's Set of Six...

The NRL Video Referee Says "WOOF! WOOF!" As It Taps It's White Cane...

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
10189.jpg
Mustafur - broncoshq.com

Can anyone at NRL explain how Haas did a hip drop?

Both his feet stayed on the ground, does every ****en injury require a player to blame?

It's stupid, this hip drop **** is ruining the game, because they want to go straight to sin bins for it.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8274.jpg
I bleed Maroon - broncoshq.com

I'm convinced it isn't even really about hip drops specifically at this point. It's exactly like every other "crackdown" we've seen in the last few years: it's the NRL and the coaches playing chicken over who really controls the way the game is played.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
3753.jpg
Dixpat - nzwarriors.com

10189.jpg
Mustafur - broncoshq.com

Can anyone at NRL explain how Haas did a hip drop?

Both his feet stayed on the ground, does every ****en injury require a player to blame?

It's stupid, this hip drop **** is ruining the game, because they want to go straight to sin bins for it.

Whether or not it was a hip drop is immaterial there being no specific charge wording for hip-drop but it is a "tackle" that the NRL has previously decreed that wish to stamp out so as to avoid player injury

The charge for Haas is one of Dangerous Contact which is defined in the NRL Judiciary code as

Dangerous Contact
A Player is guilty of misconduct if he carelessly, recklessly or intentionally makes dangerous contact with an opposing player

Accepting that Haas had no intention to injure I'm not sure that any impartial observer would argue that his contact with RCG was not dangerous.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 862

The decision for a referee to call "TACKLE" is based too much on whether momentum has been halted and as players are "Bigger! Stronger! Faster!" (c) 1999 or 2000 Warriors NRL Campaign I Forget Exactly Which, these days, stopping a player's momentum often requires more than one tackler - well, that but probably more the fact that the Storm started the multiple-tackler craze and the NRL never thought to put a stop to it/allow it only in certain situations.
The only reason for one-on-one tackles now - and of course there's players peeling off to allow this to occur so technically it's a one-on-one tackle because there's only one player when the ref yells "TACKLE" but it's not - is the stripping rule.
Maybe something as drastic as a "No off-load in a one-on-one tackle situation" rule or "the attacking player gets to take an extra step in a multiple-tackler situation" rule is required?
Of course, the ultimate rule change would be to ban multiple-player tackles or rule that those don't count as part of the attacking team's Set of Six...
I agree it leaves it to interpretation.

And it is a cat and mouse the game evolves and new techniques developed to gain the upper hand.

It can be done but on the fly is a bit silly. Like Brandy and Ennis pointed out they don't know what it is. Both coaches were uncertain what it is. So it appears the only people who know sit in the bunker.

A bit left of field

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

Raining in Sydney again... has there been a weekend in that it hasn't rained down there yet?

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4775.jpg
wizards rage - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 22,421

Are those fair dinkum Aussies on the Sharks tops?

Smash em bro

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17