Round 7 Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By my count 22 guys out of 30 to pick from if Api and Jorge gone with DCE. And been about that number all season which emphasises the great effort by coach and players.

Like everyone, sweating on DCEs injury news. Can’t remember the last time he’s been sidelined for any length of time.

Yes I do know the balance of probabilities burden. Discussed it at length in another thread.
Two factors to consider. First a lot of sensitive evidence regarding damage to the game was given in camera and we know nothing about it and secondly the media will always emphasize to the public the result that they think will be the most controversial and cause the most chaos.Kent, Slothfield and co are flat out crossing the road let alone assessing a court case.Lot of competing arguments here and I doubt it’s cut and dried either way. The burden of proof becomes hugely important in that case.

Like a lot of others I hope you are right, not for De Bellin personally as I can’t stand his “ no education “ rubbish , but because it’s a ridiculous rule. But just because it’s ridiculous does not mean it’s cactus if the court decides the NRL has the right to make such a rule in their capacity as administrators of the game.

You are correct, without going through the evidence it is difficult to make a call which way this case will swing.

But just on face value it would be very difficult for the NRL to quantify the actual damages these indiscretions have had on the NRL and in particular whether the rules themselves that were put in place have any probative effect in mitigating further losses and damages.

IMO it's far easier for JDB to quantify damages caused by the rule.

It's also a matter for the court to decide whether it is more important to protect the reputation of a corporation over that of an individual?

There's a lot at stake here.

I just find some of the evidence the NRL used in support of its case was ludicrous (NPS and daughter's friend's reference). I also agree with you that JDB's argument that the NRL failed to educate him was poor. I look forward to the outcome.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Sam was also injured yesterday and was a turnstile in defense all game - a big no for that selection :cool:

Miski could be a Jorge replacement :nod:

Fair enough. Have only seen him play twice and he seemed solid. He was also the only back in the reserves list last week (19 I think) so figured Dessie must rate him.
Personally, I'd like to see Elliot into centres, suli to wing and Anderson given a crack at fullback.
In Des we trust.

Fair enough. Have only seen him play twice and he seemed solid. He was also the only back in the reserves list last week (19 I think) so figured Dessie must rate him.
Personally, I'd like to see Elliot into centres, suli to wing and Anderson given a crack at fullback.
In Des we trust.
4 tries on Sam's watch yesterday, it was unlike his previous games and then he limped off :(

Guac played out on the centres and he is still very impressive :nod:

Can’t take a trick.

If all three are out

Best case (worst case)

1) Elliot
2) Parker
3) Walker (Jack Gosi)
4) Suli
5) Garrick
6) Croker
7) Elgey

14) Tanginoa (Hodkinson)
15) Boyle
16) Waddell
17) Sipley

Options as I see them. I think Des may be prepared to risk Fainu at half, or maybe Cust. I think Funa is still injured, Anderson as pointed out is not in the 30 and neither is Miski (not even in the developmental squad). I'm pretty confident Walker will be back this week, at least for the next two weeks...but after that he could be gone if convicted. Des may even risk Croker and Elgey together at halves. For mine, I would risk Fainu at half, leave Croker at 5/8, bring in Walker for Suli and have Suli or Elgey on the bench. Be interesting how Dessie handles a week of Musical Backs

Yeah the above seems likely. Only other real option is Funa. Hoppa is gone for the season and Anderson is isnt in the 30.

Of course there is the outcome of JDB's case and if walker is cleared then he slots into centre.

Hopefully Api and Jorge pull through. Knowing Des he highlights injuries to throw next weeks coach off.

Hoppa gone again?? No luck

A lot of these NRL lower leg injuries are caused by tacklers throwing their body weight over the ball carrier's legs to bring them down. The body weight of NRL players is ever increasing, but the ligaments and joints in legs can't change. Media crying about Brookie oval should be looking for the real story. These kit-kat or steer-wrestling tackles are the real career destroyers snapping legs and joints. A love tap to the head of a Knights #7 meanwhile gets 2 weeks.

1xM-Ele5Vpg_fgYX8XO4HfhlTXA40oyobhi26nMZVcj-lKNYqOvaCJBuYZTyFab1lepOdGq_43qDF9P2P7owAVGrCwCpi2CgwEiduhBpuxrO3DVSP88px2DsQA

To be honest the performance we have put up is absolutely staggering given the injury toll. This week it is likely we will have 5 of our best players out including two who are arguably the best in the world in their positions and are still favourites due to our exploits the last few weeks.

Not sure if I can remember a better coaching performance in recent memory.

Sooner or later you can’t keep losing players and keep winning but the ride is sensational.

Options as I see them. I think Des may be prepared to risk Fainu at half, or maybe Cust. I think Funa is still injured, Anderson as pointed out is not in the 30 and neither is Miski (not even in the developmental squad). I'm pretty confident Walker will be back this week, at least for the next two weeks...but after that he could be gone if convicted. Des may even risk Croker and Elgey together at halves. For mine, I would risk Fainu at half, leave Croker at 5/8, bring in Walker for Suli and have Suli or Elgey on the bench. Be interesting how Dessie handles a week of Musical Backs

Hooker/s?

Another option not mentioned (I think) is Sironen in the 6 and Wadell taking the starting second row position.

With AFB back this week we have a seriously impressive forward pack.

We know Dessie is partial to using a forward in the 6 jersey, and Sironen has some ball skills......

I think Siro started footy life as a number 6, didn't he?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6