Round 7 Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If taufua is out who do we have to replace him.
Walker turbo funa and kioa are all out. I cant think of anyone in our top 30.
Either apply to NRL and Anderson gets a shot OR Gosiewski to centre and suli to wing and bring in Tangainoa.
Thoughts

Either apply to NRL and Anderson gets a shot OR Gosiewski to centre and suli to wing and bring in Tangainoa.
Thoughts
A pot plant?
Perhaps TB left one behind with his garden furniture?

Could anyone make out what the journo said at the end of the pressy (after Des said "it was a day for calfs") that had everyone nervous laughing and got a stare and a "ooh, nasty" comment from Des?

Could anyone make out what the journo said at the end of the pressy (after Des said "it was a day for calfs") that had everyone nervous laughing and got a stare and a "ooh, nasty" comment from Des?
not sure but i don't think ricky could hear anything during his press conference except the manly team song:rofl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwygfLJDqYt/

Thoughts
It looks like JDB will win his Fed Court case tomorrow! So if that happens Walker can be named again. Which would be very fortuitous for us. Might push Suli to the left wing then. Otherwise, Funa or Anderson might get a crack. Not sure if Des would want to move players around too much.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Wouldn’t take that for granted. Onus of proof is on De Bellin to prove his case , not the NRL and most of these newspaper hacks wouldn’t have the faintest idea about the legal issues involved.Seen enough in the courtroom , particularly civil matters , to know to expect the unexpected.

Having said that , hope you are right because the rule is ridiculous.

Wouldn’t take that for granted. Onus of proof is on De Bellin to prove his case , not the NRL and most of these newspaper hacks wouldn’t have the faintest idea about the legal issues involved.Seen enough in the courtroom , particularly civil matters , to know to expect the unexpected.

Having said that , hope you are right because the rule is ridiculous.
Even though the onus is on JDB to prove his case, the burden of proof is not as strict as that of criminal proceedings. Its based 'on the balance of probabilities' that their claim is true. JDB's case need only be more probable than the NRL's case, which shouldn't be too hard to prove. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a favourable outcome to JDB and a for a few heads to roll and a bit of butt pain for Greenturd.

Even though the onus is on JDB to prove his case, the burden of proof is not as strict as that of criminal proceedings. Its based 'on the balance of probabilities' that their claim is true. JDB's case need only be more probable than the NRL's case, which shouldn't be too hard to prove. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a favourable outcome to JDB and a for a few heads to roll and a bit of butt pain for Greenturd.
Yes I do know the balance of probabilities burden. Discussed it at length in another thread.
Two factors to consider. First a lot of sensitive evidence regarding damage to the game was given in camera and we know nothing about it and secondly the media will always emphasize to the public the result that they think will be the most controversial and cause the most chaos.Kent, Slothfield and co are flat out crossing the road let alone assessing a court case.Lot of competing arguments here and I doubt it’s cut and dried either way. The burden of proof becomes hugely important in that case.

Like a lot of others I hope you are right, not for De Bellin personally as I can’t stand his “ no education “ rubbish , but because it’s a ridiculous rule. But just because it’s ridiculous does not mean it’s cactus if the court decides the NRL has the right to make such a rule in their capacity as administrators of the game.

Last edited:
DCE -> Elgey
Api -> Hodko
Jorge -> Sam Smith

Yeah the above seems likely. Only other real option is Funa. Hoppa is gone for the season and Anderson is isnt in the 30.

Of course there is the outcome of JDB's case and if walker is cleared then he slots into centre.

Hopefully Api and Jorge pull through. Knowing Des he highlights injuries to throw next weeks coach off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4