Round 23 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
RiverEagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Souths are playing damn good footy, don't understand why everyone is getting so put out by people saying so

I personally think they are peaking too early, but you would be stupid to deny they are the form side of the comp at the moment.

"Peaking" or hitting their straps with 4 weeks til the finals is hardly "peaking too soon".

It's the perfect time to step it up and make a run for the minor premiership, and then at the title.

I just believe we're the one team that can match em on the big stage next month.

And I am giving em credit (as much as it ails me!)

I'd rather have my team at top for 3 games leading into the GF rather than peaking 8 weeks out from it

We have made an artform out of dropping down between rounds 18-24 and then slowly turning up the wick

I'd rather have my team peaking for all 26 rounds...Then finding yet another gear come finals!

LOL!

Won't be long and we'll see if South's can maintain this full-throttle; or hit the wall when it matters most.

I'm obviously hoping for the latter.

And a good Eels win tonight.

The Hayne-plane, and Semi Rardradra both getting doubles, thanks!

I 'd be surprised if the Eels don't feature well into the finals, unless of course they get busted for salary cap issues.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Souths are playing damn good footy, don't understand why everyone is getting so put out by people saying so

I personally think they are peaking too early, but you would be stupid to deny they are the form side of the comp at the moment.

Agreed KE. Souths are playing great footy. Credit where credit is due.

I am actually concerned that we may have peaked too early too with our run through July.

Well as far as tonight goes, the Nein crew are anointing Jarrod (Hayne) as a virtual 9th Immortal; and saying he'll be the difference v the Dogs.

I hope they're right (as nauseating as they can get).

Or they've invited Hayne to go missing just like he often used to!

I'd be happy enough to see the Eels finals drought continue. Dogs aren't much threat and will go out the back door pretty quick anyway.

Don't you hate the dogs though. I might be too young to really really hate the eels but after the last 5 years I know who it would like to see lose their 5th straight.

mickqld said:
I'd be happy enough to see the Eels finals drought continue. Dogs aren't much threat and will go out the back door pretty quick anyway.

Good point Mick but i bloody hate the dogs and want to see them lose every time they play.

fLIP said:
Don't you hate the dogs though. I might be too young to really really hate the eels but after the last 5 years I know who it would like to see lose their 5th straight.

You obviously didn't sit out at the SCG since 300am to get a seat to sit there all day surrounded by that filth and scum only to see us blow the '82 & '83 grand finals. I'll NEVER forget that hideous experience.

they keep going on with the hard luck story with Hodgkinson,well correct me if Im wrong,but didnt he sign with the dogs from Manly on a huge deal that Manly couldn't match,well if he hasn't got anything left from that,then thats his fault,and then they resigned him again,didnt they

The Dogs stealing the '95 comp from Us.

And the De$ factor (speaks for itself) makes me despise them more.

(The Eels beat us fair-and-square in '82/83).

Tipped the Dogs but am going for Parra.
My hate for the Dogs exceeds all other teams.

Hate Parra, hate Canterbury, hate Souffs, hate them all!

But Parra is probably top of my list. Just the fact that both entered in 47, and played 3 GFs between the two just wanting to run over the top of them all the time. Souffs and Canterbury tied 2nd.

Clint said:
Tipped the Dogs but am going for Parra.
My hate for the Dogs exceeds all other teams.

I hate this rule you can shoulder charge when you have the ball but not in defence. Fkin stupid.

I can't go for either but the dogs are the lesser evil.

Hayne is a special player.

Geez I wish someone would put one on Mennis' chin!

All this group-hug and two-steppin' around is a damn joke.

Could still go either way, this 2nd half.

That's a beautiful thing...You all hate teams other than my chookies. i firstly hate souths and the crowe factor, then I hate the dogs, then I hate any super league teams,,,then Saints and then...Who ever is the dirtiest...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4