Round 20 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wedgetail eagle said:
My Bro' took his kids to the Souths-Raiders game tonight. My niece & her mate asked Reynolds for a photo when he was signing autographs, Reynolds said no.
Maybe the kids were taller than him.

:huh:

He may never be recognized again - Players need to get a grip on reality :dodgy:

Interesting to read Vossy's article this week on the NRL website.. This was what he wrote about the dead ball rule that the media seem to think shafted the Rorters last Friday in Newcastle.

I will do my best to explain, as it came up in last Friday night's game between the Roosters and the Knights.

The important thing to realise is there are different verdicts for attackers and defenders.

The ball mid-air only has to have broken the plane of the dead ball line when contacted by a defending player for the ball to be dead. That is providing the defender does not have a foot grounded in the in-goal area. But it does not matter that he may have taken off from the in-goal area, yet not landed over the line when he makes contact with the ball. It is out.

It is different however for attackers; a play made famous by Greg Inglis's leap and flip back for an Australian try at the SCG in 2008. The ball is not dead even if it has broken the plane of the dead ball line, so long as the attacker has launched his lunge for the ball from the in-goal area, but has no part of his body grounded out of play when he makes contact with it.

In the case of the Knights/Roosters incident… the officials got the decision 100% correct.

http://www.nrl.com/foran-dce-the-new-kenny-sterling/tabid/10874/newsid/80626/default.aspx

HoldenV8 said:
Interesting to read Vossy's article this week on the NRL website.. This was what he wrote about the dead ball rule that the media seem to think shafted the Rorters last Friday in Newcastle.

I will do my best to explain, as it came up in last Friday night's game between the Roosters and the Knights.

The important thing to realise is there are different verdicts for attackers and defenders.

The ball mid-air only has to have broken the plane of the dead ball line when contacted by a defending player for the ball to be dead. That is providing the defender does not have a foot grounded in the in-goal area. But it does not matter that he may have taken off from the in-goal area, yet not landed over the line when he makes contact with the ball. It is out.

It is different however for attackers; a play made famous by Greg Inglis's leap and flip back for an Australian try at the SCG in 2008. The ball is not dead even if it has broken the plane of the dead ball line, so long as the attacker has launched his lunge for the ball from the in-goal area, but has no part of his body grounded out of play when he makes contact with it.

In the case of the Knights/Roosters incident… the officials got the decision 100% correct.

http://www.nrl.com/foran-dce-the-new-kenny-sterling/tabid/10874/newsid/80626/default.aspx
Ahh the old Greg inglis leap and flip. That would be a different one to where he launches himself from the upright position into a head drive to get a penalty for a dangerous tackle even though no player has lifted him or made any effort to take him to ground.

HoldenV8 said:
It is different however for attackers; a play made famous by Greg Inglis's leap and flip back for an Australian try at the SCG in 2008.

It may have been made famous by Inglis but as I recall he stole the move from Jamie Lyon who did it for us the previous year. I am not sure of the exact game but possibly against Canberra.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6