Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 18 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BroncosFever

broncosHQ
For the record, in the interest of the game, these mid-season loans/transfers shouldn't be allowed.

Particularly when it's a bottom 4 team giving a player to a top 4 team, much less their captain and best player. There's a part of me that is glad it didn't happen but I know from reading BHQ, there's a bit of carry on as if we just got robbed of our opportunity to pull off this sort of signing. They shouldn't be allowed to begin with.

Beastmode

NZWarriors
BroncosFever - BroncosHQ said:
For the record, in the interest of the game, these mid-season loans/transfers shouldn't be allowed.

Particularly when it's a bottom 4 team giving a player to a top 4 team, much less their captain and best player. There's a part of me that is glad it didn't happen but I know from reading BHQ, there's a bit of carry on as if we just got robbed of our opportunity to pull off this sort of signing. They shouldn't be allowed to begin with.

Great post.

Mustafur

broncosHQ
Goo
Beastmode - NZWarriors said:
Mate, you guys on paper are fully stocked with good players. It feels like some brown paper bags have been shared.

The thought of you then also getting BH just rubs your everyday Joe Bloggs the wrong way.

Fair game to you if you get him but you’re too.

Roosters, Doggies, Titans aren’t even in the 8
We still have to Upgrade Mam who can be approached by other teams in November this year, Walsh is on Massive unders which will likely need an upgrade soon aswell.

With Haas being the obvious one we need to upgrade asap because he has a strong risk of leaving.

We have lost Flegler and Herbie and we are replacing them with what we can see atm with cheap players.

I think alot of cap magic is going to be needed just to keep the core of this side in the future.

BroncsFan

broncosHQ

That is all well and good, but the rule cant be no trades between top 4 and bottom 4... because where do you draw the line?

Dragons were sitting 2nd in round 2... does that mean they just wait a week to fall out of the top 4 and then pull the trigger.... or it's all good because it's early in the year (another rule / caveat to add then).

Parra are sitting in 7th at the moment... if Dbrown is banned for the year is it ok for Bhunt to go there, because they're not "top 4".

There just shouldn't be trades this late in the year, but there's still a month until August 1... so still plenty of time for Ben to agitate for a release.

And that's my biggest issue... how late in the season it is to be moving players around. It has a legitimate impact on finals where teams with cap space can cherry pick players that they otherwise wouldn't have.

It shouldn't be about player x going to team y, because it's bad optics... it should be about player x moving at all this close to the finals.

Everyone has known it's an issue since 2020 when they pushed the date out, but only now is it an issue in the eyes of the NRL.

Bhunt only has another 2 months of footy with dragons because no doubt he'll be moving before next preseason. I'm sure he can survive that long.... just like players used to be able to survive after the old June 30 rule

Sproj

broncosHQ

Really? I’ve seen a lot of posts of posters disagreeing with the system, A LOT but also saying if the rule is there, we should take advantage of it like other teams do and have done to us.

I’ve also seen a list of posts saying if we don’t get him it doesn’t matter for us and also calling out a lot of very clear double standards in the media from when he was supposedly a great result for the Roosters as a mid-season signing to nope the rules need to change / is a broken system as soon as we put our hand up which was extremely hypocritical by the media.

Haven’t seen many if any carry on like we missed out chance. Maybe be the very vocal anti-Walters minority?

Big Pete

broncosHQ
It would be hypocritical for any Broncos fan to have a problem with that considering how we got Walsh.
Not really.

Walsh said he wanted to come home to Brisbane and nominated the Broncos as a club. The Warriors didn't want to release him only to find out he was just trying to go to the highest bidder.

Besides, what have the Panthers ever done for the Dragons? Trade them Billy Burns for Eddie Blacker? Brisbane released Reece Walsh early and didn't ask for anyone else in return so the Warriors could prepare for life after RTS.

One more thing...

Walsh signed on with the Warriors shortly after the Wynnum trial. When was Kevie supposed to think he was ready? Keep in mind, he was an 18 year old coming off a shoulder reconstruction at a club coming off a wooden spoon with a caretaker as a CEO. Considering how well Reece Walsh was playing at Norths, I have no doubt he would have played first grade that year if he didn't take the money from the Warriors.

BroncosFever

broncosHQ
Really? I’ve seen a lot of posts of posters disagreeing with the system, A LOT but also saying if the rule is there, we should take advantage of it like other teams do and have done to us.

I’ve also seen a list of posts saying if we don’t get him it doesn’t matter for us and also calling out a lot of very clear double standards in the media from when he was supposedly a great result for the Roosters as a mid-season signing to nope the rules need to change / is a broken system as soon as we put our hand up which was extremely hypocritical by the media.

Haven’t seen many if any carry on like we missed out chance. Maybe be the very vocal anti-Walters minority?

Monday when it was released that they wouldn't be letting him go, the reaction was over the top. I get the disappointment after most media outlets were saying it was going to be made formal on the Monday and then the complete opposite happened but seriously, had it have happened it would have been a farce and I would have expected that to be the time the NRL stepped in. Not because of some anti-Bronco thing but just because of the ridiculous set of circumstances where a club in the mix for a minor premiership can literally take away the captain of a team in the bottom quarter of the ladder.

I still think he gets out of the club one way or another, he wasn't even having a go last night.

Dunedin warrior

NZWarriors
I’d be a little uncomfortable with Hunt signing for the Broncos at this stage of the season in much the same way I wouldn’t like RTS parachuting into the Warriors in July.

Don’t blame the Broncos for looking into after the likes of Pangai and Nofo premiership chasing.

I think a third of the season is fair enough to swap clubs, any later is taking the piss a bit.

BroncosFever

broncosHQ
I mean you already said this but I still don't recall it. Do you have some examples?

You would just need to scroll through that thread for a bit, then there's the thread that went up about the NRL basically conspiring against the Broncos (the second of it's kind). Definitely a lot of negativity aimed towards the Dragons when all they have done is exactly what I would hope we would do if Reynolds wanted out and we didn't have anything coming back our way.

As for the media, they get paid to sell papers. I've never really cared for what they have to say so for me personally, this media driven agenda, it didn't bother me because I don't read their crap.

Beastmode

NZWarriors
The guys is on decent coin, the franchise name of the club not to mention club captain.

Ungrateful.

Leave him in Reserves and let him ponder what leadership and team work skills he failed at as Captain and franchise marquee player .

BroncosFever

broncosHQ
Beastmode - NZWarriors said:
The guys is on decent coin, the franchise name of the club not to mention club captain.

Ungrateful.

Leave him in Reserves and let him ponder what leadership and team work skills he failed at as Captain and franchise marquee player .

I am interested to see how it plays out from here.

It can work against the Dragons if they keep him in their side and they keep getting belted. The fans get on the wrong side, then the club looks like a place that no player wants to go to. Really reminds me of the Payne Haas situation, except Payne Haas won over the fans with his efforts on the field. I didn't see that from Ben Hunt last night.

JaggedJ

NZWarriors
BroncosFever - BroncosHQ said:
I am interested to see how it plays out from here.

It can work against the Dragons if they keep him in their side and they keep getting belted. The fans get on the wrong side, then the club looks like a place that no player wants to go to. Really reminds me of the Payne Haas situation, except Payne Haas won over the fans with his efforts on the field. I didn't see that from Ben Hunt last night.

Club is already on the wrong side with fans. Letting Hunt go off to win a premiership, their leader, captain, highest paid player, while they collect a wooden spoon would absolutely put the fans on the wrong side.

Dragons would look spineless, wouldn't have a leg to stand on if someone else demanded a release, would be mocked mercilessly and for the hell of it Alfie would release a follow up song to "Dragon's can't play" just to rub it in further.

wizards rage

NZWarriors

Ungrateful.

He failed the club. Not the other way round.
The other thing is late in the season with only a few months of the year left, you can sign premium players for a fraction of their value.

If you transfer players, you should have to allow the entire years salary worth to the cap for audit purposes

Xzei

broncosHQ
wizards rage - NZWarriors said:
The other thing is late in the season with only a few months of the year left, you can sign premium players for a fraction of their value.

If you transfer players, you should have to allow the entire years salary worth to the cap for audit purposes
i think joel caine had it right how it should be handled

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16