Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 17 Cross Forum discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
971.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BDR - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 30, 2010
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Yeah I imagine you guys would know far more about things than I do as Cowboys supporters, so happy to defer to your comments.

Just from the outside looking in, it all seems a bit odd. Wasn’t Morgan looking like retiring for some time before he did, at least since the start of the year?

Clifford going to Newcastle always seemed strange to me given they have Pearce, Hoy, Crossland, et al all in the team or rated there.

So yeah, if Clifford was always going to go, not much you guys could do in fairness but still seems strange to swap him with essentially another unproven kid.

Just seems like you guys put all the hard work into Clifford for Newcastle to benefit and staff the whole process again with a much younger, seemingly less talented bloke in the same position but far more mental baggage.

From what was reported at the time he asked the club for a new contract while Hannay was caretaking and Payten said he wanted to look over everyone before signing anybody so he bolted.

I don't rate Cliffo as much as many but no doubt he definitely has potential. Needs to get his mind right first and foremost.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
I'm prepared to write off a 20 year old after only a handful of games with his new team.

35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004
8274.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]I bleed Maroon - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 17, 2013
Dearden has to be the most overrated player by the media in quite awhile. Thurston either has no idea how to spot genuine potential or is a complete yes man for the Cowboys.

I got the impression JT never rated Clifford but got some reason always rated Dearden.

Andrew Johns always saw something in Clifford. I think he likes that he plays quite direct.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

8341.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aldo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 7, 2013
Dearden plays like he's just trying to survive.

He has basically no kicking game, very limited passing game and lacks any real speed or agility to threaten the line. Apart from all that, he's great.

7802.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]broncos4life - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 5, 2011
90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005

I'm prepared to write off a 20 year old after only a handful of games with his new team.

Me too.

alice-evels-png.2549

2015 BHQ Big Brother Winner
2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

I am gobbsmacked that -- if true -- Brisbane is willing to pay Haas $1m a season for the next 10 years. Seriously?
Haven't they learnt anything about long-term deals? Tomolooloolo is off the boil two years into his 10 year deal; Buddy Franklin misses more games than he plays (although he has earnt Sydney a lot of merchandising revenue); most Manly fans will agree that the club signed DCE for too long in one unbroken stretch...
Hass may be a good player now but he still hasn't helped Brisbane climb far off the bottom of the ladder. What's wrong with just signing him for three years?
His footballing abilities aside, some would suggest he won't stay out of off-field trouble in the next decade.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010

I am gobbsmacked that -- if true -- Brisbane is willing to pay Haas $1m a season for the next 10 years. Seriously?
Haven't they leant anything about long-term deals? Tomolooloo is off the boil two years into his 10 year deal; Buddy Franklin misses more games than he play (although he has earnt Sydney a lot of merchandising revenue); most Manly fans will agree that the club signed DCE for too long in one stretch...
Hass may be a good player now but he still hasn't helped Brisbane climb far off the bottom of the ladder. What's wrong with just signing him for three years?
His footballing abilities aside, some would suggest he won't stay out of off-field trouble in the next decade.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

Let's wait and see what actually happens, not the words of an extremely unreliable journalist.

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
Can someone please explain to me why a number of the dragons players at the party won't sign that document that will allow them to play next week?

2189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ivanhungryjak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 8, 2009
Can someone please explain to me why a number of the dragons players at the party won't sign that document that will allow them to play next week?
Maybe one of the clauses says that no-one else in the team was there. And there may have been. Are they stat decs because that would then be a criminal offence if it was found not to be true, I’d imagine.

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
Maybe one of the clauses says that no-one else in the team was there. And there may have been. Are they stat decs because that would then be a criminal offence if it was found not to be true, I’d imagine.
Surely the dragons and the rlpa wouldn't create a legal document with falsehoods? They arent that dumb surely?

8423.jpg
Surely the dragons and the rlpa wouldn't create a legal document with falsehoods? They arent that dumb surely?

You are so funny bro! This kind of material can give people heart attacks with laughter.

8972.jpg
You are so funny bro! This kind of material can give people heart attacks with laughter.
Just a hint of sarcasm there mate 😉

9527.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wrighty - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 25, 2021
REACTIONS: 632
Looking forward to this match
Have a soft spot for Lachlan Lewis even though no one else rates him
Cmon the Dogs!

1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008

Maybe less about other players but people outside the bubble, including uber/taxi drivers, being there means two weeks isolating.

wickham-dandies-fozz-png.4563

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008
Maybe less about other players but people outside the bubble, including uber/taxi drivers, being there means two weeks isolating.

this is exactly it ... the NRL reportedly asked the players to sign a document confirming there was no one present at the party from outside the Dragons bubble. if they sign that they can return to training.

some players have refused to sign claiming it is on the advice of lawyers or RLPA or someone along those lines

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008
that was soft defence

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008
Try assist for Manu there. Wrong team though

wickham-dandies-fozz-png.4563

1769.jpg
shocker kick

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

1067.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Canadian_WarriorFan - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 13, 2013
REACTIONS: 1,522
State of Origin 3 has moved to Gold Coast due to crowds not being allowed.

From Canada, lives in NZ, loves the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8