Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 17 Cross Forum discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
2189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ivanhungryjak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 8, 2009
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

Oh dear…

I’ve shanked golf shots that have been better than that kick.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
I feel for Cowboys supporters, finally see a lot from Clifford only to shaft him for an overpriced Sharks discard and a useless rookie.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019
Dearden getting destroyed on Cowboys forums, they are absolutely tearing him apart.
Feel sorry for the kid.
As a starting half, he has lost 22 games in a row.

We've actually been a bit generous to him considering...

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
I feel for Cowboys supporters, finally see a lot from Clifford only to shaft him for an overpriced Sharks discard and a useless rookie.
I don’t. F them.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

Not that it would have made any difference ('probably'), but I thought there was an obvious forward pass in the Bunnies first try.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Clifford signed for the Knights well before Chad and Dearden signed.

I think rumours of Clifford's "improved play" are greatly exaggerated, anyway.

As for Dearden, it's too early to judge, he has been playing behind some awful forward packs and not getting a saloon passage like a Sam Walker.

He has shown enough in glimpses to suggest he is worth the small salary we gave him.

8423.jpg
90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005

Clifford signed for the Knights well before Chad and Dearden signed.

I think rumours of Clifford's "improved play" are greatly exaggerated, anyway.

As for Dearden, it's too early to judge, he has been playing behind some awful forward packs and not getting a saloon passage like a Sam Walker.

He has shown enough in glimpses to suggest he is worth the small salary we gave him.

He’s still very young and still has time on his side but all he has shown at any point in glimpses and has not seemed to improve at all. He’s almost got a full season now of losses as a starting halfback. I’m worried he is going to be shot mentally.

He seems like a really nice kid and looks like he has good technique and temperament but the execution to almost everything he does is poor, not sure if can or will be fixed before he is destroyed in the head with all these losses.

7802.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]broncos4life - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 5, 2011
Dearden getting destroyed on Cowboys forums, they are absolutely tearing him apart.
Feel sorry for the kid.
As a starting half, he has lost 22 games in a row.
Hilarious though that leading up to signing him he was going to be an immortal and some of the ‘in the know guys’ were claiming they saw Thurston come through and he is better at the same age bull**** bull****. Even acting like they had pulled off some great coup by snatching him from us when we didn’t even offer him a contract lol.

alice-evels-png.2549

2015 BHQ Big Brother Winner
2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

7802.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]broncos4life - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 5, 2011
See this just shows how much of a better person you are than me, because I’m loving it. My pettiness has no limits.

alice-evels-png.2549

2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004
8423.jpg

We still had Morgan at the time. Clifford wasn't prepared to fight for his spot and signed with the Knights instead. After Morgan had to retire he even tried to backflip on his deal.

I don't think anyone seriously expected Morgan to retire at 29 years of age.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
Never rated Dearden. He's a supposed halfback who has a 30m range boot, no real quality ball playing, and I've never seen him show any danger with ball in hand. He's neither a running a half, or a kicking one, or an organising one.

He's a minimum wage player who is overpaid.

Formerly Broncospwn

1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
Never rated Dearden. He's a supposed halfback who has a 30m range boot, no real quality ball playing, and I've never seen him show any danger with ball in hand. He's neither a running a half, or a kicking one, or an organising one.

He's a minimum wage player who is overpaid.
Because of his bright blonde hair he was compared to Alf, that’s about it.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

Not that it would have made any difference ('probably'), but I thought there was an obvious forward pass in the Bunnies first try.
Didn't you notice they have been trialing, the non penalized forward pass, to first receiver, for at least two seasons. Apparently it speeds up the game to ignore a little cheating.

7802.jpg
Hilarious though that leading up to signing him he was going to be an immortal and some of the ‘in the know guys’ were claiming they saw Thurston come through and he is better at the same age bull** bull**. Even acting like they had pulled off some great coup by snatching him from us when we didn’t even offer him a contract lol.

alice-evels-png.2549

2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops
That would prob be right tho as at the same age nobody rated Thurston right. Dogs had him as a prospect only.

10164.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]IceWorks - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 10, 2019
The Cows edge defence looks horrible in those highlights.

90.jpg
7802.jpg
Hilarious though that leading up to signing him he was going to be an immortal and some of the ‘in the know guys’ were claiming they saw Thurston come through and he is better at the same age bull**** bull****. Even acting like they had pulled off some great coup by snatching him from us when we didn’t even offer him a contract lol.

alice-evels-png.2549

2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

I mean this is total fiction

Didn't you notice they have been trialing, the non penalized forward pass, to first receiver, for at least two seasons. Apparently it speeds up the game to ignore a little cheating.
I thought it was the final pass to the winger, 2 - 3 metres forward! But because it wasn't Manly I didn't bother to re-watch it.
The commentary didn't mention it so maybe just the camera angle.

8423.jpg
35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004

We still had Morgan at the time. Clifford wasn't prepared to fight for his spot and signed with the Knights instead. After Morgan had to retire he even tried to backflip on his deal.

I don't think anyone seriously expected Morgan to retire at 29 years of age.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

Yeah I imagine you guys would know far more about things than I do as Cowboys supporters, so happy to defer to your comments.

Just from the outside looking in, it all seems a bit odd. Wasn’t Morgan looking like retiring for some time before he did, at least since the start of the year?

Clifford going to Newcastle always seemed strange to me given they have Pearce, Hoy, Crossland, et al all in the team or rated there.

So yeah, if Clifford was always going to go, not much you guys could do in fairness but still seems strange to swap him with essentially another unproven kid.

Just seems like you guys put all the hard work into Clifford for Newcastle to benefit and staff the whole process again with a much younger, seemingly less talented bloke in the same position but far more mental baggage.

8274.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]I bleed Maroon - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 17, 2013
Dearden has to be the most overrated player by the media in quite awhile. Thurston either has no idea how to spot genuine potential or is a complete yes man for the Cowboys.

8423.jpg
Dearden has to be the most overrated player by the media in quite awhile. Thurston either has no idea how to spot genuine potential or is a complete yes man for the Cowboys.

Cowboys: Hey JT, you reckon this kid can play?

JT: Yeahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahaahahahaa

Cowboys: Good enough for us, sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4