Round 12 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't it amazing how the commentators carry on about poor Scum missing two players and basically excuse them for anything.They did not look like scoring a single point tonight.

We play each week with 3 or 4 stars out and usually still start favourites and always compete to the death and it is hardly mentioned.Storm beat us at their home base with 4 out and all they do is wax lyrical about the gutsy Melbourne come back.

if you want to realise how good our side is watch the cowboys get flogged last week minus origin players,watch Parra without Hayne,watch the feeble scum tonight...the list is long.Yet we are in EVERY game regardless of personel.Unbelieveable and something to be proud of.

And that standard was maintained in the Cows-Scum game.

At least the Cowgirls won, but it sure is a contrast to the quality of Origin footy.

I hope the Bronx are as flat as these two games were today.

Spot on too @susan

We almost never go down as meekly as the Scum tonight!

After a hard days work nothing better than sitting down with a couple of beers watching the storm lose.

Life's good.

Just need a big win tomorrow.

susan said:
Isn't it amazing how the commentators carry on about poor Scum missing two players and basically excuse them for anything.They did not look like scoring a single point tonight.

We play each week with 3 or 4 stars out and usually still start favourites and always compete to the death and it is hardly mentioned.Storm beat us at their home base with 4 out and all they do is wax lyrical about the gutsy Melbourne come back.

if you want to realise how good our side is watch the cowboys get flogged last week minus origin players,watch Parra without Hayne,watch the feeble scum tonight...the list is long.Yet we are in EVERY game regardless of personel.Unbelieveable and something to be proud of.

Used to it by now. Imagine if Parra,Souffs,Dogs,St Merge,Tigers had the record we've had over the last decade. Media would be waxing lyrical about it at every chance. Would be a massive media circle jerk. We'll give it our all tomorrow but missing the 2 backrow leaders of this culture tomorrow will make it too tough for us to prevail and the pinkos will cane us as some sort of origin payback.

RiverEagle said:
Moondog said:
Geez Parra are average without Hayne.

Take Hayne, WHoppa and Peats out and they fall away terribly.
They'll give their fans hope, but just don't have the class or depth to make the 8.

Peats has done his ACL, gone for the season. Be interesting how that affects them now, he's been pretty handy this season. They might struggle over this origin period without Hayne, Peats and maybe Hoppa is he gets called up.

susan said:

But the Storm are a 3 man team. Take away any of them and they have problems. In this case they are 2 short who are also some of the best players in the comp. Manly are not dependant of one or two players. They can get by well enough with 'reserves' The Storm or Parra cant because they depend so much on a few stars.

Alan said:
As long as you dragged me into it you northern hemispherical ruminant lover, it's not maths but arithmetic that appears to be the problem.

Errr... arithmetic is a branch of maths! :p lol

I am so smart.... s-m-r-t! (thanks Homer) :D:cool:

What's not to love about ruminants?

Anyway......moooving on....

The storm were lucky the margin wasn't bigger. Cowboys had 2 tries disallowed. Have no idea who was in the vidiot box but terrible decisions. Worse decisions then the ones the claim they copped against us but they'll moo on about those for a few years yet.

Must be their two heads.

Rorters got a try off a bad penalty as well. papalli was nowhere near the ball when friend dropped it cold. Lead to a try, but somehow every official 'misses' it. (on smith's and politis' orders probably.)

Chip and Chase said:
RiverEagle said:
Moondog said:
Geez Parra are average without Hayne.

Take Hayne, WHoppa and Peats out and they fall away terribly.
They'll give their fans hope, but just don't have the class or depth to make the 8.

Peats has done his ACL, gone for the season. Be interesting how that affects them now, he's been pretty handy this season. They might struggle over this origin period without Hayne, Peats and maybe Hoppa is he gets called up.

That's bad luck for Peats, and Parra.

I keep saying it...I really feel injuries - or the lack thereof to key players - will determine the comp more than ever this year.

(If we can stay healthy at the back end of business this season, there's no other reason i can see, why we can't win again).

Which Warriors team will turn up at Mt Smart?

Could get nasty for the Noughts over there, in the entrée to our Manly main event.

globaleagle said:
Alan said:
As long as you dragged me into it you northern hemispherical ruminant lover, it's not maths but arithmetic that appears to be the problem.

Yes it is, however it remains that the error occurred in the arithmetic not the maths, her maths was fine.

Alan said:
globaleagle said:
Alan said:

Yes it is, however it remains that the error occurred in the arithmetic not the maths, her maths was fine.

Something about this thread is starting to not add up...
Can we next debate "math" vs "maths"?

manlyfan76 said:
Alan said:
globaleagle said:
Alan said:

Something about this thread is starting to not add up...
Can we next debate "math" vs "maths"?

Alan will win that debate anyway...Coz he's having so much practice counting Gina's cash.

(And her " curves ").

HappilyManly said:
So will Benji bugger the Burgess Clan tonight ?

Hope so as I tipped only 2 winners so far :p

Lol...after almost an hour of a drop-a-thon your answer is clearly NO.

I must admit to turning over to the Voice for long minutes, this Souffs/Drags game's so good...

Yeah its boring now - Benji has the right idea, but he complicates his offloads and its then dropped cold :(

GI grabbed at his left ankle in the first half, so Qld may be short of fullbacks :)

Off to The Voice for me too.

Certainly a few more peeps ''on song'' over there (the Voice)...badoom-tish!

It seems most teams this weekend have a Origin hangover......geez there's been some average footy.

Only plus is I tipped 4 out of 5...And I'd swap that for the one I got wrong...Manly, of course.

I reckon the best thing is to get away from Round 12 ASAP ....nothing to see, or remember here!

RiverEagle said:
Certainly a few more peeps ''on song'' over there (the Voice)...badoom-tish!

It seems most teams this weekend have a Origin hangover......geez there's been some average footy.

Only plus is I tipped 4 out of 5...And I'd swap that for the one I got wrong...Manly, of course.

I reckon the best thing is to get away from Round 12 ASAP ....nothing to see, or remember here!

RiverEagle there was six games this week mate.

I picked 5 from 6 and of course was let down by Manly. (to the guys who picked the donkeys, i both envy you and despise you for picking them :))

My margin was way off, I was confident the riff would win, but not by that much.

Lol...thanks @Eagles2nv

The footy was so good I forgot a whole game!

5 from 6 then, and same on the 'Riff...I picked em but only by a margin of 8.

Roll on Round 13.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4