Rotten Sporting Weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It was one of those days. My kids play in a Div 1 Schoolgirl Hockey team and just didn't turn up to lose 2 nil and be eliminated from their comp. My wife and youngest daughter played in their semi and despite dominating most of the game (and my girl missing a penalty stroke) they lost 1 nil. My Over 35 Soccer team, who had lost one game all season (in the school holidays - I missed the game) played the Grand Final and we were absolutely ambushed, losing 3 nil (and the other side missed two penalties). I had a bit of the flu and played like an old mule. We were lucky to get nil. My eldest is at home recovering from severe concussion and dizzy spells and watched the Swans - who got flogged. Saturday was bleak!

At least I went to Brookie though at half time it was looking a bit of a worry. Thank Goodness for the Sea Eagles to ease the pain on a shocking weekend.

yes nutz - and i was implying that CW was whinging about his icing and forgetting the important part.

Yeah, my eldest son's soccer team have been marauding through their comp all year but didn't turn up to play on the weekend and were ambushed 4-2. :(

Lesson to coach - don't try and hide the dodgy kid at goal keeper!

Yeah, my eldest son's soccer team have been marauding through their comp all year but didn't turn up to play on the weekend and were ambushed 4-2. :(

Lesson to coach - don't try and hide the dodgy kid at goal keeper!
Would your son be that goalie Mata???
lol

Nah, my son plays midfield and has the distribution role. He has time and vision and therefore has 5/8th stamped all over him. ;)

The dodgy kid watched three goals bump and roll past him at a snail's pace. Even Kalac could have saved them!

I remember when i was younger i used to play soccer before i took up league (i actually reccommend pushing kids into soccer before making the switch to league.... it sharpens your skills alot better than starting straight into league)

and we had a kid that was "talent deprived" and one day at a carnival i remember turning around to see him watch it go through his legs before falling over because he leant that far over to watch it go through his legs.... luckily we went on to win that game after he was dragged from the field

I'm very glad I didn't grow up in the egalitarian Australian sports system where complete fools can sour the performance of an otherwise decent team.

We were streamed in teams according to ability from under 6s and we didn't have any of this "give everyone a trophy even if they lost every game" nonsense.

We played to win.

my soccoer coach through most of my junior years held the KDSA record for ejections, about 6 - 10 a year.

Mata - were graded from under 8's on, then a lot went off to play rep until youth when it was only the talented left.

It was one of those days. My kids play in a Div 1 Schoolgirl Hockey team and just didn't turn up to lose 2 nil and be eliminated from their comp. My wife and youngest daughter played in their semi and despite dominating most of the game (and my girl missing a penalty stroke) they lost 1 nil. My Over 35 Soccer team, who had lost one game all season (in the school holidays - I missed the game) played the Grand Final and we were absolutely ambushed, losing 3 nil (and the other side missed two penalties). I had a bit of the flu and played like an old mule. We were lucky to get nil. My eldest is at home recovering from severe concussion and dizzy spells and watched the Swans - who got flogged. Saturday was bleak!

At least I went to Brookie though at half time it was looking a bit of a worry. Thank Goodness for the Sea Eagles to ease the pain on a shocking weekend.
This weekend will not be much better CW after the Lismorons smash the Mullane Disaster in fantasy league, Manly's win over the Dogs should be a small comfort for you though. :D

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4