Rose or no rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
I read earlier in the week we were going to offer rose another contract for Next year, I really hope this information is off the mark, up until all our injuries to front rowers occurred rose was in nsw cup and put no effort in whatsoever ever, he was week in week out one of the worst on field, and by injury he gets another crack at first grade. Rose didn't earn his spot back in our squad it was a gift through injury, he's had a lot of year now to get himself into shape but has failed to do so , he only does enough to get by..... That's it, the club retaining him would be a mistake. As always just my opinion .

Maybe no need for Rose!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/kieran-foran-and-benji-marshall-go-head-to-head/story-fngr8iii-1226686445816

JOEY G'S FATE

YOU read it here first. There have been some suggestions in the media that injured veteran Joe Gulavao may shelve his retirement plans and seek to play on next season.

I can reveal that Joey G is gradually building up the strength in his lower leg after snapping an achilles tendon early this season. It was thought to be season ending but the operation and recovery has gone better than expected and Gulavao is quietly hopeful of being available if needed sometime towards the end of August or early September.

Now that would be a massive boost for the Sea Eagles on the eve of the 2013 finals.

His entry off the bench in the past few seasons has provided much needed power and impetus to the forwards where he has been an integral part of the team.
--------------------------------------------------
The Mole on the Game Plan also rumoured that Kingy's pecs are healing faster than expected also :angel:

JoeeG is close to God, so maybe the Big Manly Fan in The Sky - Earnie the Eagle :angel:, wants him to have more bling :)

Manly 2013 Premiers :exclamation::heart:

Would be awesome to get joe back for a fight for he title , but surely the big fellas fitness wouldn't be up to scratch ...... He wouldn't even be able to do bike work would he, great effort to Give yourself Shot joe....... True champ.

c eagle said:
Would be awesome to get joe back for a fight for he title , but surely the big fellas fitness wouldn't be up to scratch ...... He wouldn't even be able to do bike work would he, great effort to Give yourself Shot joe....... True champ.

Do bench players need to be that fit? They play for 10-minute bursts. With 10 replacements per game these days, a player can make a good living being a 10-minute benchie of limited endurance but with maximum impact.

c eagle said:
I read earlier in the week we were going to offer rose another contract for Next year, I really hope this information is off the mark, up until all our injuries to front rowers occurred rose was in nsw cup and put no effort in whatsoever ever, he was week in week out one of the worst on field, and by injury he gets another crack at first grade. Rose didn't earn his spot back in our squad it was a gift through injury, he's had a lot of year now to get himself into shape but has failed to do so , he only does enough to get by..... That's it, the club retaining him would be a mistake. As always just my opinion .

Maybe George is in shape.

eagle66 said:
c eagle said:

Maybe George is in shape.

Yeah your right , round is a shape.

c eagle said:

I'd like to know what makes you think he 'put in no effort whatsoever'.

You can never have enough experienced front rowers out there as proven this year. We are losing Kite and possibly Joe as well. Why wouldn't you want to keep Rose on the reduced price that is being offered.

bones said:
c eagle said:

Probably because he doesn't have the robotic build of most other players, apparently you can't carry any extra timber these days if you want to be any good. Funnily enough though JWH, 1 of the form front rowers this season, is in RLW this week saying he has put on 12kg to tip them up to 120kg and he feels better for it

You'll also find a lot of people have expert views on the NSW Cup from not watching the games (FB excluded)

bones said:
c eagle said:

This is the same person bones who was question Brett Stewarts worth to the team. I love how everyone's entitled to an opinion sadly some are more accurate than others.

In the school hols I travelled from Haden - middle of nowhere, Darling Downs QLD, to watch Manly go down to the chooks on a freezing Monday at Allianz, Sydney.
We still had fun even though it was a loss. I asked my girl who she thought was Manly's best. Her reply, George Rose. He was great that night.
It's times like that when we need George. He seems to step up in first grade, when required.

c eagle said:

He is bending the defensive line and attracting 3+ defenders, not sure why that is "enough to get by"? Give him a contract I say, good for the game, good for Manly!!! Go Gorgeous George!!!

George might not look the part but if you think he has not had an impact in first grade this year I am afraid you must be too focused watching the sea-birds which to some degree I can understand.
George has been great and has had the impact we so desperately need. He even has leg speed. LOL.
It would be a wise decision to sign him for next year.

To be honest I wasn't a big Rose fan but the way he has played the past few weeks he's been one of our best forwards and has taken his opportunity to play for Manly with gusto.
He is loved in the rugby league community and is what Manly need.
Sign the big fella up I say.

I can see the point that at the start of the season George probably seemed a bit surplus to requirements (as Tony Greig might say 'like the guts hanging out of that skin tight jersey of his'), however circumstances change and we need to adapt.

I wanted him to stay anyway, but now I believe it's essential.

HappilyManly said:
It was thought to be season ending but the operation and recovery has gone better than expected and Gulavao is quietly hopeful of being available if needed sometime towards the end of August or early September.
This is excellent news. I smell a fairytale last (or 2nd last) premiership for Joe G

Lord Eagleton said:
HappilyManly said:
It was thought to be season ending but the operation and recovery has gone better than expected and Gulavao is quietly hopeful of being available if needed sometime towards the end of August or early September.
This is excellent news. I smell a fairytale last (or 2nd last) premiership for Joe G

I can see him coming off the bench in the GF with 10 minutes to go and scoring a try with his first touch. If I close my eyes I can see it.

Maybe George didn't kill in when he played NSW Cup, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute at the first grade level. Perhaps he was told he had next to no chance of playing first grade this year, sure you would have liked him to have a dig regardless, but maybe he sooked it up a bit. Understandable to an extent. Then with all the injuries he did end up finally getting a chance and IMO has made every post a winner, and that's all what we should be worrying about. He is obviously a well liked team mate and good amongst the group, he's playing good footy now when we have needed him to, and IMO deserves the opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4