Rose and the wok under his jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was this a comment from Tallis?  I'd rather a wok under my jersey than to have a head of solid bone like Gordon.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=183443.msg264326#msg264326 date=1275135164]
He was always going to come back carrying a few extra kilos, the blokes' had a knee injury and would only be able bench press. I don't care how big he is but give him a few more games and he'll be back to his best.

He's a professional footballer - surely he can control what goes in the pie hole??? Just for 10 years or so....he can Zorba up after that.
[/quote]

He's had the problem with his weight since he came to the club. If you can't run it makes it harder to keep fit. Do you think he sat around eating maccas since his injury, he's just a guy who will balloon out if he's not able to excersise properly.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183443.msg264338#msg264338 date=1275135657]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183443.msg264314#msg264314 date=1275134693]
Where has his strength and conditioning been? Nope, we are seriously missing that killing edge this year. 2008, he would have come back as fit, if not fitter than he left imo.

Somethings missing at Narrabeen.
Hope you didn't lose too much backing those absolute certainties the cowgirls Ryan.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say I was far from wrong. Bailey was terrible, and we almost got mowed down - and had it not been for The Girls bombing probably 5 tries - or Thurston missing those goals....well...you know...

I wouldn't savor this as a huge victory.
[/quote]
You obviously missed our first try which set the tone for our victory, Bailey made that with some great play.

And my opinion is that this was indeed a huge victory.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183443.msg264346#msg264346 date=1275135852]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183443.msg264338#msg264338 date=1275135657]
Where has his strength and conditioning been? Nope, we are seriously missing that killing edge this year. 2008, he would have come back as fit, if not fitter than he left imo.

Hope you didn't lose too much backing those absolute certainties the cowgirls Ryan.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say I was far from wrong. Bailey was terrible, and we almost got mowed down - and had it not been for The Girls bombing probably 5 tries - or Thurston missing those goals....well...you know...

[/quote]

Mate, take 6 internationals out of any side in the comp, on an away trip where the side struggles, and you wouldn't find many other NRL sides picking up a win tonight
[/quote]

Fair point, and I'm pretty pissed off to be honest about the NRL on Fox guys focusing on how brilliant The Cowboys were after the game :(
FFS, it was a fricken gutsy win. Take:-

Brett Stewart
David Williams
Steve Matai
Jemie Lyon
Keiran Foran
Josh Perry

out and yeah - gutsy effort.

And lsz...as is oft the case, yes, I was wrong...I knew as soon as I suggested The Girls were certainties we'd sneak a victory....why does God hate me so much ;)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183443.msg264346#msg264346 date=1275135852]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You obviously missed our first try which set the tone for our victory, Bailey made that with some great play.

And my opinion is that this was indeed a huge victory.
[/quote]

SER8
For probably 68 minutes, Bailey was ****. Outright ****.

Bailey was garbage.  What's the point of setting up an opening try when your defensive errors leak several later?

Bailey did 2 good things tonight, that was it, otherwise ordinary.  But Ryan we won, worry about the problems tomorrow.  

Ryan tips the opposing team every week cause he knows the effect it has.

Can anyone say 3rd place! thanks rhino :)

Ryan link said:
For probably 68 minutes, Bailey was S**t. Outright S**t.
I went just went to OPSM, then took another look at the match to check Bailey’s involvement and impact on critical moments, this is what I saw.

He set up the first try, I think everyone noticed that.
Also he put up a good bomb early on, made some tackles, and ran a couple of plays at dummy half.
In the 22nd min he smashed JT to defuse a dangerous cow raid.
27th min we are under pressure after a dropped ball (Choc).
28th min cows score down his side but not his fault so far as I can tell. We were short of numbers on our left edge because Watts nearly went over on the right. Whare raced out of the line but was unable to stop the ball. Just outnumbered I think.
32nd min We under more pressure after a drop (Rodney)
38 min Bailey makes a good pass to Choc in the lead-up to Robbo’s try.
43rd min – his kick is charged down but played at so we get 6 again.
47 min – Lyon hurt, we drop the ball in attack (Hodko)
50th – he goes to the right side with Lyon gone, Glen comes to the left.
51st  - we under pressure after we drop the ball (Choc)
52nd Bailey penalised for a strip – incorrect decision, he is clearly just making a tackle & the ball comes out.
53rd min – Farrar unable to clean up a kick, more pressure.
54th min – Bailey at centre from a scrum is beaten 1 on 1 by Tonga, try to Cows.
56th  - we are outnumbered on our right but Bailey rushes Bowen to force an error.
58 Bailey drops a pass from Hodko while we are attacking (5th tackle)
62 min – Cows score on opposite side, nothing to do with Bailey.
65th under pressure from a spilt ball (Joe), Cows almost score on our left but bomb the chance.
67th Bowen makes the extra man on Bailey’s side, a good pass from JT should lead to try but bombed it. Bailey was outnumbered, JT passed to the one who was unmarked.
71st – O’Donnell scores through the edge of the ruck.
71st  - JT beats Glen 1 on 1 to put us under pressure.
79th min – Bailey is part of the kick chase, Cows spin the ball in desperation but tackled. Very quick play the ball, fired out to where he is still scrambling to get back, but pressure from T-Rex and the pass is forward.
80th – Bailey intercepts ball to shut down Cows final raid.

My summary - as 5/8 he was part of a dominant first half, including involved in 2 tries. Then in an emergency he moved to centre on the opposite side of the field and mostly made a decent fist of defending the Cows dangerous left side, where they’ve score 75% of their tries with a pretty high quality attack.

Errors - beaten once by Tonga, dropped one pass, gave one penalty which was a dud decision. 

Ryan & co can certainly continue to be amazed that he gets picked in our team, but I’m not surprised at all, and I reckon as a stop-gap utility he did very well :)

Fair summation. From the parts of the game I saw there were certainly worse in the 2nd half than bailey.

Hodko dropped 2 very simple soft passes for instance

SER8 you obviously don't know the drill here....don't let truth and fact stand in the way of crucifying your whipping boy. Bailey once again wasn't a standout but he certainly didn't nearly cost us the game

We almost lost because of players missing and injuries nothing else

Apparently G. Stewart, and King had a virus so that would have explained why Glenn in particular looked so rooted.

Pepi link said:
Apparently G. Stewart, and King had a virus so that would have explained why Glenn in particular looked so rooted.
I'd say we won't see the zest we're used to from Glenn until his brother has his stupid case thrown out of court.  Who could blame him for not being on top of the world given his brother's unjust situation and his treatment from rep selectors.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
but I’m not surprised at all, and I reckon as a stop-gap utility he did very well :)

A wonderful synopsis. SER8, you can represent me in court anytime ;)

I think we have all been guilty of yelling, 'crucify him', before we see really what's going on or happened. And then, we don't even know of what certain players impact they're having on their fellow team mates by their encouraging and fighting words on the park - especially in a time of crisis.

Yes, Mr Bailey may be an obvious man to hurl a spear at. Lucky we have a seasoned coach at the helm who knows what he is expecting out of a player, and also knows when that player is delivering - unbeknownst to us in tv and hill land.

Right now, it's all good, and our season is developing nicely.  8)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6