Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The issue of course being that the refs waved 6 again, the Raiders saw and responded to this, then the refs changed their decision several seconds later.

If the Raiders knew it was the last, they could have at least put in a kick, grubber or field goal. But instead they died with the ball expecting another tackle which they didn't get.

The Roosters score off the very next set which was the last score of the game.

Reflecting on this it is now easy to see why these 2 are considered #1 and #2 Mr Fixit's in the entertainment. It really was top shelf cheating, working together like that to skewer a chance of a Raiders field goal. The subsequent try was the cherry on top.

Reminds me of the 2013 Grand Final when the roosters were allowed gridiron passes . Stitch up.
Yes, one referee actually shouted out "We are now playing gridiron rules", only the Roosters players heard it. The other referee overruled the 'gridiron' decision, but only after the try was scored.....@;)

The NRL’s grand final has descended into another farce after Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was told he had won the Clive Churchill Medal only to watch Jack Wighton climb on stage to claim the prize.

The Daily Telegraph has confirmed Waerea-Hargreaves had been given word he would collect the medal. He lined up near the presentation stage as he waited to be introduced to the crowd. However, he was told moments later that it was in fact Wighton who was voted the winner by Australian selectors Laurie Daley, Mal Meninga and Darren Lockyer.

An NRL spokesman said the decision to hand Wighton the medal was correct according to the judges votes.

The NRL’s grand final has descended into another farce after Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was told he had won the Clive Churchill Medal only to watch Jack Wighton climb on stage to claim the prize.

The Daily Telegraph has confirmed Waerea-Hargreaves had been given word he would collect the medal. He lined up near the presentation stage as he waited to be introduced to the crowd. However, he was told moments later that it was in fact Wighton who was voted the winner by Australian selectors Laurie Daley, Mal Meninga and Darren Lockyer.

An NRL spokesman said the decision to hand Wighton the medal was correct according to the judges votes.

We truly have reached the parody inversion point (the point where it is no longer possible to tell the difference between jokes and reality), I confess i have no idea if this is a joke or not.....:confused:

I think you are spot on, and hope I am wrong but I think they will use the tried and tested massive momentum to the Roosters first 15 minutes for a good lead, then Raiders better team for next 50-55 minutes to close in, then a couple of late Roosters tries (against the tired defence) to seal the 'convincing' win (even though Raiders were better for 3/4 of the game).....

I confess that as per my post, and even though I was cheering for the Raiders, I did have a few dollars on the Roosters being first and last try scorers. There are many ways to rig games, but this is a favorite for the big games......1st period to leg up the favored team ......'manage' the middle 50-60 minutes.......last period to nail it for the favored team.

My apologies to those who cannot cope with this.

And I can't take anymore of this crap.......Best wishes and Good luck to the Sea Eagles next year!

Is it not also the up to $50 dollar bet that sporting bet have refunded every week of the year? How is this week suddenly different?
Not sure, didn't bet with them. This is from their website though..
Sportsbet has refunded $1.35 million to customers who backed the Canberra Raiders to win the 2019 NRL Grand Final, as well as bets in the outright market
Terms and conditions

Refund applies to:

– All head-to-head bets placed on Canberra to win the 2019 NRL GF
– All bets placed on Canberra to win the 2019 NRL Premiership in the Outright market
– Refund does not include bets placed with bonus bets

I confess that as per my post, and even though I was cheering for the Raiders, I did have a few dollars on the Roosters being first and last try scorers. There are many ways to rig games, but this is a favorite for the big games......1st period to leg up the favored team ......'manage' the middle 50-60 minutes.......last period to nail it for the favored team.

My apologies to those who cannot cope with this.

And I can't take anymore of this crap.......Best wishes and Good luck to the Sea Eagles next year!

The game has gone severely backwards ever since major gambling came on board with all these betting options ( there’s a word for that but I’m not a punter so don’t know it).

You can just about bet against the prop scratching his balls during the game.

It cannot be a coincidence that this has happened.

It is indicative of my complete lack of respect and faith in the NRL .... that when the 6 more tackle debacle happened ... I just laughed .... what a joke the officiating of these games has become ....

Here's an idea .... let's add a third or fourth on field referee ... got to be better than just two ... right

It is indicative of my complete lack of respect and faith in the NRL .... that when the 6 more tackle debacle happened ... I just laughed .... what a joke the officiating of these games has become ....

Here's an idea .... let's add a third or fourth on field referee ... got to be better than just two ... right

13 v 13 referees...?

A few things from last night at the game live.

1. Anz stadium apart from the end stands really doesn’t need a make over , maybe a touch up but nothing more. The atmosphere out there last night when full was so good even as a neutral being near the Canberra end for the night.

There is going to be disappointed fans and members in the coming years . With the scg being 48,000 max capacity and then taking out the members seats and corporates only around 35,000 general public tickets, even a manly verse raiders final would have fans missing out imagine manly vs Parra final scg so many fans miss out.

2. The whole game out there felt like in 2013 raiders like us were coming to get the roosters but could not take there chances. Yes the raiders got rorted by the refs but they had enough good ball to get the roosters, roosters reallly had no decent ball in the raiders 20 zone in the second half.

3. The last thing which was very evident last night and saw a few people with manly jerseys out at the game as said before this year for us was a lost chance I feel. Even with the injuries we had our game plan would of troubled the roosters so much last night, I truly do think we would have got them, our game style would of worried the roosters.

Think the roosters were very very lucky to win that game, they did not win it but the raiders lost it more in my book.

Think us and the raiders will both win a gf in the coming 5 years may even play in a GF against each other.

4 Well season is now officially over apart from the internationals. Think we should be aiming for top 4 with our squad maybe a week 2/3 appearance in the finals in 2020.

All I know is our side is on the up and will challenge a lot of sides next year.

1. Anz stadium apart from the end stands really doesn’t need a make over , maybe a touch up but nothing more. The atmosphere out there last night when full was so good even as a neutral being near the Canberra end for the night.

There is going to be disappointed fans and members in the coming years . With the scg being 48,000 max capacity and then taking out the members seats and corporates only around 35,000 general public tickets, even a manly verse raiders final would have fans missing out imagine manly vs Parra final scg so many fans miss out.

2. The whole game out there felt like in 2013 raiders like us were coming to get the roosters but could not take there chances. Yes the raiders got rorted by the refs but they had enough good ball to get the roosters, roosters reallly had no decent ball in the raiders 20 zone in the second half.

3. The last thing which was very evident last night and saw a few people with manly jerseys out at the game as said before this year for us was a lost chance I feel. Even with the injuries we had our game plan would of troubled the roosters so much last night, I truly do think we would have got them, our game style would of worried the roosters.

Think the roosters were very very lucky to win that game, they did not win it but the raiders lost it more in my book.

Think us and the raiders will both win a gf in the coming 5 years may even play in a GF against each other.

4 Well season is now officially over apart from the internationals. Think we should be aiming for top 4 with our squad maybe a week 2/3 appearance in the finals in 2020.

All I know is our side is on the up and will challenge a lot of sides next year.

We, and the Raiders will be up there, trouble is when Uncle Nick chucks another 10 million in to buy the best in the game they haven’t already got it’s going to make it bloody hard.

Just imagine if he offered the Turbo’s 5 million a year each, they’d be mad not to go!

I don't recall this much outrage after our dudding at the hands of the refs and the Roosters back in 2013.
I was over in the UK (Yorkshire) and was wearing my jersey on the Monday. A local asked my which one of our players had f****d the refs wife. The performance of the refs even made a mention in some papers over there.
The thing that gets me is the number of journalists and commentators coming out to defend the game and the refs this morning. Even if you deny the fact that poor decisions led to the outcome of the game, you can't deny that their performance was unacceptable. The NRL need to admit that and send the two responsible back to where they belong in reserve grade (it was obvious that this should have been done weeks ago) and/or make some huge changes to the rules. The NRL wants to make out that us fans are just a bunch of sore losers (or conspiracy nuts) rather than admit fault and the propaganda that they are pushing this morning is even worse than the acts themselves. I'm pretty sure the ESL doesn't have these problems, the AFL had some problems a few years ago but they listened to fans and fixed the problems (and then decided to follow the NRL with video reviews :banghead:). I don't think the A league has it as bad as us. Why?
Heads must roll!

A referee can go back on a "six again" call if the pocket referee or touchie lets them know there was an earlier error from that team like a knock on, forward pass or going into touch.

But you can't have referees going back on a "six again" call when the team in possession did nothing wrong and as a result opted to get tackled instead of making a last tackle kick. .

I was gonna give this post a trophy until your second last sentence you say we should be aiming for 2nd or 3rd week in finals next year, we need to be aiming to win the whole bloody thing! 3rd or 4th place is mediocrity. Everything else you said is 100% spot on.
I agree I see Manly and Raiders being top 4 sides for the next few seasons and I said in another thread could well be a Manly Raiders GF next year

Wow !!! how can you change a live decision like that when the players have already made a decision based on the call ??

According to their own rules.....the only time referees are actually allowed to reverse a call is due to foul play.

There was no foul play at that point so regardless of whether six again was the correct call or not.....neither referee had any right to actually reverse the original call. The whole thing was a complete and utter stuff up and went a long way to Canberra losing. And for Annesley to come out this morning and say that they got it right in reversing the call shows that even their own bosses have absolutely no idea what their own rules are.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6