Roosters v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles @Allianz Stadium Sunday game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
the mauler said:
There was talk that Trex could be available this weekend. Hopefully he could be a late inclusion. We sure could do with him now Gifts out.

I'd rather Vic Mauro

Me too. Not for ability, but because he wants to be here.

the mauler said:
There was talk that Trex could be available this weekend. Hopefully he could be a late inclusion. We sure could do with him now Gifts out.
I don't know where you got the 'talk' from but you might be right. Watching Channel 10 Sport tonight, they indicated that T-Rex would possibly make an early return for us against the Roosters due to losing Gifty. Mind you, he probably wants to play in Origin 3......so he can get injured and we lose him again!

bones said:
Ryan said:
the mauler said:

I'd rather Vic Mauro

Me too. Not for ability, but because he wants to be here.
I'm as pissed as anyone that Trex is leaving, but he's here til the end if the year and we've got a comp to win. He's not the only one leaving, so what are we to do, not have any of them play???

I'm sure all the boys that are leaving will be playing harder knowing this could be their last chance to win a comp. Really need all the guys on deck to defend our title, especially a fit Trex.

I think we will lose this one. We are badly out of form due to injuries and suspension and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ralphie said:
I think we will lose this one. We are badly out of form due to injuries and suspension and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Anyone able to put 22 points on melbourne should have no problems beating the roosters.

Sheikheagle said:
Ralphie said:

Badly out of form "wtf"

You can't possibly be suggesting we are going along nicely.

I hope I'm wrong about this weekend, but Easts have a great roster and we have a poor attitude right now.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ralphie said:
Anyone able to put 22 points on melbourne should have no problems beating the roosters.

It's that sort of attitude that enabled us to play so well in those losses to Parramatta, Gold Coast & Penriff.

I love how fans who have nothing to do with the club other than being fans can comment on the attitude of the playing group as though they are somehow well informed on the subject.

Ralphie said:
Sheikheagle said:
Ralphie said:

Badly out of form "wtf"

You can't possibly be suggesting we are going along nicely.

I hope I'm wrong about this weekend, but Easts have a great roster and we have a poor attitude right now.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ralphie said:

It's that sort of attitude that enabled us to play so well in those losses to Parramatta, Gold Coast & Penriff.

Ralphie not suggesting that we are going along nicely by any means however to say we are badly out of form is probably taking it too far. We lost by 4 points to the form team in the comp and previous to that I thought we finished the Dragons off pretty well. Although granted the Dragons are hardly the yardstick.

Foran summed it up perfectly this week - "with all the injuries and suspensions weve had, we're doing well to be sitting in the eight"

EagleRock40 said:
Foran summed it up perfectly this week - "with all the injuries and suspensions weve had, we're doing well to be sitting in the eight"

This +1

Will be a tough game, but we are far from in a slump....to lose to the front runners by 4 points after losing Gifty is more than a fair effort!!

Wash your mouth out!!

MANLY SEA EAGLES v SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Round 16, 2012 NRL Premiership
Sunday, June 24, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 3:00pm
Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Referees: Shayne Hayne/Steve Lyons

ROUND 16 GAME PREVIEW
Coming In To Round 16
Manly Sea Eagles are 2-2 in their last four games, and are coming off a 26-22 loss to Melbourne in Round 15.

They have averaged 16.0 ppg since Round 11, and have conceded 16.5 ppg in that period.
They sit 8th on the competition ladder, 2 points out of 2nd.
Sydney Roosters are 1-3 in their last four games, and are coming off a 42-28 win over the Tigers in Round 15.
They have averaged 21.5 ppg since Round 11, and have conceded 29.0 ppg in that period.
They sit 13th on the competition ladder, 4 points out of the Top 8.

Last Time They Met
Round 11, 2012 - Watch game highlights of the Round 11 clash earlier this season.

Last 10 Games - Sea Eagles 8, Roosters 2.
Manly have won 3 straight dating back to the start of 2011, but the teams have split the last 4 games at the SFS.
Team Changes and Late Mail
Find all the Manly Team and Injury News from Tuesday and full

Round 16 Lineup here.
MANLY SEA EAGLES
B Stewart, D Whare, J Lyon ©, S Matai, J Taufua, K Foran, D Cherry-Evans, J King ©, M Ballin, B Kite, A Watmough, D Harrison, J Buhrer.
Bench: V Mauro, J Galuvao, D Lussick, G Rose.
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
A Minichiello, A Henry, J Leilua, T Moga, S Perrett, B Anasta ©, M Pearce, J Waerea-Hargreaves, J Friend, M Kennedy, A Guerra, M Aubusson, F-P Nuuausala.
Bench: A Mitchell, B Cordner, L Tasi, M Masoe, T Symonds, T Arona, D Mortimer.

Bottom Line
On Sunday at Allianz Stadium, the Sea Eagles take on the Roosters in a bid to start some positive momentum as the second half of the season gets underway.

Manly star Kieran Foran told www.seaeagles.com.au that his team had to find some consistency after a 2012 that had been constantly interrupted by momentum shifts.
“I looked back on (the season) the other day and after 15 rounds our season has been halted by momentum (swings),” Foran admitted.

“We haven’t been able to string any games together with our strongest 17 on the paddock. We either get injuries or we get suspensions but in saying that we’ve still done enough to be sitting in the eight.”
The Sea Eagles currently sit four points clear of the 9th placed Warriors, but a win against the Roosters could spark them for a run later in the season, Foran says.

“I’m quietly confident that towards the back half of the year if we can get our strongest 17 on the paddock, we can start to build some momentum and we can give this thing a good shake.”
The Roosters will be a tough ask, given they became the first team to knock off the Wests Tigers since April and racked up 42 points in the process.

Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans however are now entering their 5th straight game together - dating back to the last time these two teams met at Brookvale Oval when Manly won 18-10 in Round 11 - and the signs are there that the pair is ready to explode on Sunday.

While Glenn Stewart is a big loss for the club, Manly’s depth has handled his absence already this season and the good news is Tony Williams might not be too far away from a return either.

http://www.nrl.com/?nvId=461266

EagleRock40 said:

See, I hated hearing that comment from Foran. To me, it seems like we're happy to settle. And we're using injuries and suspensions as an excuse for poor attitude. Don't get me wrong - they're a good excuse, but Manly sides shouldn't be making excuses.
I think we've expected to win this year - like we're somehow entitled to win every game just by showing up. And the "she'll be right once we get all our players back" attitude only reinforces that.
Every team wants to win. And they all lift when they're playing the premiers. For us to win, we have to want it more - and it's hard to have that desire week in, week out two years running.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7