Roosters the team to beat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whereas the Roosters could lose 1 of their stars and still be a major threat.

They rested Schitzel today any it didn't make much difference. How would they go if they actually lost RTS or JWH or Jennings to injury? How would they go losing Baloney and his goal kicking?

I agree that they're the favourites right now, but they aren't so much better that they can afford to lose someone like those 4 I mentioned and still easily win.

They rested Schitzel today any it didn't make much difference. How would they go if they actually lost RTS or JWH or Jennings to injury? How would they go losing Baloney and his goal kicking?

I agree that they're the favourites right now, but they aren't so much better that they can afford to lose someone like those 4 I mentioned and still easily win.

And they have been super lucky with injuries , so far!

They lose anyone it will make a difference. My point is that losing 1 of those players and they can still win the comp. The cows lose Thurston the bunnies lose Inglis and they can't.

We have the players to win our next four games being the raiders,eels,roosters,sharks.I guess my whole point of this thread is to state the fact that the only way to beat the roosters as I see it so far is to keep our mistakes to a all time low.We all know we have the players to make breaks and can match any side with our back line but our downfall will be mistakes. Against the bunnies we made 9. When did we last beat the roosters does anyone know?

We beat the Roosters twice last year. 8-0 when we first played them. And then I think it was almost the same scoreline as the 2013 GF the next game, which was 26-18.
Yea thanks killer, I still have dreaded memories from the grandfinal that we played them in. I still have a lot of hope for our side this year and would love to see us knock over the roosters.

Oh me too @grassy. My family are all Roosters fans, so I watched that GF with a room full of Roosters fans and at 18-8 with 20 mins to go I was sitting pretty.......the night didn't end well. I don't drink (except for the 08 and 11 GF wins), but I made an exception with this GF loss. I couldn't put up with the constant heckling I copped....so alcohol was the solution!

If we play the way we have in the last 2 weeks we have shown we can beat anybody. Our backline is still the best in the comp, and with forwards like Jake taking it to opposition packs, and then the Willie Masons, and Josh Starlings starting to find their feet again, we are a real genuine threat.

Killer03......Manly didn't lose the 2013 GF. Shame Hayne made sure the Rorters won.

I can accept losing games, even GF's if we've been out played. I won't be happy about it, but at least I'd know that we just didn't have it on the day.

7th tackle try aside we never really turned up in 1995. I think the players thought it was already theirs and got a rude shock that spurred them on in 1996.

We should never have lost in 1997. That one is still very hard to take.

2006 was tough, beaten by a club giving the finger to the salary cap. But we were never in the game in the 2nd half, especially after Snake was knocked out.

Yeah we could have and should have won 2013, especially after we were 18-8 in front in the 2nd half. But when referees ignore forward passes that lead to tries........not to mention some of Hayne's other decisions, it makes it hard when you're playing 13 on 14 or 15 out there.

Last edited:
when we beat teams like Broncos, Melbourne or Souths they are having an off day.

Roosters beat the knights and they are superstars

I just read that Tony Abbott has promised $4 million in funding to upgrade Dolphin Oval at Redcliffe,any chance of helping out at Brookvale?
He thought that he was helping to save dolphins.

Maybe we could change the name of brookie to Bronnie's castle and then we might get some funding

when we beat teams like Broncos, Melbourne or Souths they are having an off day.

Roosters beat the knights and they are superstars
The roosters have been a threat for the last 3 years or so and make very few errors in most of the games they play. They have lingered up the top end of the table and won a premiership against us which I am finding hard to forget. In the position they are in now they have every opportunity to have an easier run than most to the finals and if I or The manly team were to think they have no superstars then I would be a nutter.

Currently the team to beat.
But the Broncos were "the" team to beat before that.
JWH is huge form them, he is destroying other forwards. I look forward to the roosters game to see how our JT handles him, will be a great battle.

Oh me too @grassy.
, and then the Willie Masons, and Josh Starlings starting to find their feet again, we are a real genuine threat.
:)
/Beginrant
I just think we are so lucky we have 2 of Mason and Starling!

When will sports people, commentators and supporters stop their seizure inducing pluralisation of names!;)
/endrant.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4