Roosters the team to beat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

grassy

Bencher
The roosters seem to me to be the team to beat in this comp.I am watching them as I type and its 26nil at half time and they look strong.Thing about the roosters is they make very few errors and their kicking is good.i just hope our boys are aware of our errors that we make because it's the only way to beat the roosters as I am seeing things now.We play the roosters in round 25 and I will be crossing my fingers on that one.

Yea I have thought about that but still they have only made 2 mistakes in 40 min. To my way of thinking it don't matter who you play as a side that makes very few errors is something that has been coached into a side and understood by all players in the team. It's the disipline of the side that counts here.

I thought Souths where the team to beat after they beat Newcastle by 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are - with Nth Qld
Both have the key rosters to win it & for some reason - Easts still have money in the cap to get SBW, Falou & if Dally Messeger is re-incarnated -I'm sure they will make a play for him....
however - if the Seaeagles can replicate the form of the past 2 weeks happy to back them all day

Roosters starting to make a few errors now which is good to see.The more errors they make the better for us.

Flat track bullies who gas out after half time. Withstand the early onslaught and watch them fall apart. Dogs last week and knights to a certain extent this week

Lets face it, the Rorters beat the team that more than likely will win the wooden spoon, and they were able to do so while resting their halfback. If the Knights couldn't get close under those circumstances its hardly cause for optimism.

Robinson would be worried about their 2nd half fade outs. The Knights made it look closer than it should have been today but last week the Rorters would have lost if the Scumdogs didn't run out of steam with 15 to go.

Last edited:
If they finish top 2 and win their first semi they will be mighty hard to stop. I like the Cowboys for the same reason that getting finals in Queensland will assist them. If we get in we can do lot of damage and watch the dogs to also be dangerous should they get into the finals.

Lets face it, the Rorters beat the team that more than likely will win the wooden spoon, and they were able to do so while resting their halfback. If the Knights couldn't get close under those circumstances its hardly cause for optimism.

Robinson would be worried about their 2nd half fade outs. The Knights made it look closer than it should have been today but last week the Rorters would have lost if the Scumdogs didn't run out of steam with 15 to go.
Resting Mitchell Pierce is actually improving the team

To beat roosters you have to go with them for the first 30 mins. They usally blow sides away by then. Their biggest weakness is they do have lapses and if you can score one try, often you might get 2 or 3 in quick succession

The scary thing for me with the Roosters is they are still in 2nd gear and are sitting comfortably in 3rd position. If they pull it together and play to their potential (and that's an if) then they could seriously blow teams away in the semis and gf much like we did in 2008. I think they have the most upside out of the top 4 teams. I think the cows have been playing as well as they can, and cannot afford Thurston to get injured. The Broncs I don't think have the extra gear to go up. Souths are looking very tired and cannot win without Inglis. Whereas the Roosters could lose 1 of their stars and still be a major threat.

I just read that Tony Abbott has promised $4 million in funding to upgrade Dolphin Oval at Redcliffe,any chance of helping out at Brookvale?

The scary thing for me with the Roosters is they are still in 2nd gear and are sitting comfortably in 3rd position. If they pull it together and play to their potential (and that's an if) then they could seriously blow teams away in the semis and gf much like we did in 2008. I think they have the most upside out of the top 4 teams. I think the cows have been playing as well as they can, and cannot afford Thurston to get injured. The Broncs I don't think have the extra gear to go up. Souths are looking very tired and cannot win without Inglis. Whereas the Roosters could lose 1 of their stars and still be a major threat.
Yep 100% correct, you can't be fooled by them switching off in some games, they only do it once they are well ahead. If they play at 100% i don't think there is any team that can go with them including us. That being said they are over the cap imo.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2