Roosters next week!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The key is to slow down the Roosters' quick play the balls which are the best in the NRL. Looking at the tries they have conceded this year , there's no real recurring theme. Jake Friend used to be an unreliable defender with poor discipline...even though he's improved out of sight he did miss Beau Falloon one on one resulting in a soft try against the Titans . SKD has the worst ball security/carry in the NRL and can rush up unnecessarily in defence especially at centre . His mobility has improved since he's trimmed down and his hit-ups have been particularly good over the past few months. He often takes hit ups early in the tackle count so a one on one strip attempt mightn't be a bad option.

Test out Mortimer' defence as soon as he comes on , preferably a big bopper steaming onto a short pass from Foz or DCE after having taken the ball to the line and committed defenders. Ditto for Pearce who is also vulnerable to a good fend.

First contact with SBW has to be big otherwise it's easy to fall off the tackle .Early in the year he was playing mostly as a right centre in attack , avoiding the smash up derby in the middle of the ruck. Since them he seems to have been given a license to roam and against Manly in round 16 caused most problems on the left.

I'd like to see Jorge running off short passes around the ruck, especially off an inside ball. The inside ball to Snake at speed has been telegraphed so far, but may be worth a go.

The Roosters are good at using the full width of the field so Jorge and Wolf need to get their defensive positional play in order. The opening try by RTS in round 16 was perfectly conceived by the coach and perfectly executed by the players but could have been stopped if Jorge had not come in unnecessarily. Wolf did the same against Mansour on Sunday and on numerous occasions this year. He might get away with it with Snake sweeping behind him in cover because of Snakes anticipation , speed and positional sense but in general it's a high risk manoeuvre as Nathan Merritt discovered this year in Origin.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Bay 38 for me, in amongst Sharkies fans, but who cares, great seats anyway !

No you won't be

Bay 38 and 37: Dedicated category 1 manly supporters bay

1st time sitting in the supporters bays- cannot wait.

Killer03 said:
I think it's also important to note that in 07/08/11 when we made the GF we won Week 1 and sailed through to Week 3. Whilst not insurmountable to win from losing in Week 1, it certainly makes it a lot harder.

Be great to sit back (like we did in those years) and watch the Roosters and the Sharks bash each, and the Rabbits and the Dogs go crazy whilst we and the scum sit back and play the winners (I am predicting a Manly/Melbourne GF).

And Big Pete C Eagle.....please don't let a game be decided on penalty goals...god I wont be able to watch!

Sorry Killer03,
I didnt mean to set your nerves off mate.
Have a cold beer and wind down.
I have a feeling it just could be another Manly v Storm G/F. We have finals experience from not long ago where some of these teams havent been there yet or for a while.

Hope the weather is nice for our gorgeous Seabirds. Now thats a thread I havent read since coming on board here with The Silvertails - our Seabirds.

You got any news on George Rose (ex Bathurst boy) and Glenn Stewart?
Is it that the salary cap has them looking elsewhere?
I got "the oil" that Georgie Porgie is going to Storm with Craig Bellamy who played Group 10 League here before his move to Canberra Raiders when he was playing with Oberon and secured from Portland (near Lithgow/Bathurst).

Cheers Big Pete.

Big Pete C Eagle said:
Killer03 said:
I think it's also important to note that in 07/08/11 when we made the GF we won Week 1 and sailed through to Week 3. Whilst not insurmountable to win from losing in Week 1, it certainly makes it a lot harder.

Be great to sit back (like we did in those years) and watch the Roosters and the Sharks bash each, and the Rabbits and the Dogs go crazy whilst we and the scum sit back and play the winners (I am predicting a Manly/Melbourne GF).

And Big Pete C Eagle.....please don't let a game be decided on penalty goals...god I wont be able to watch!

Sorry Killer03,
I have a feeling it just could be another Manly v Storm G/F. We have finals experience from not long ago where some of these teams havent been there yet or for a while.

Hope the weather is nice for our gorgeous Seabirds. Now thats a thread I havent read since coming on board here with The Silvertails - our Seabirds.

I got "the oil" that Georgie Porgie is going to Storm with Craig Bellamy who played Group 10 League here before his move to Canberra Raiders when he was playing with Oberon and secured from Portland (near Lithgow/Bathurst).

Cheers Big Pete.

Bathurst? Bl**dy good area that. I knew Georgie was from around there, didn't realize Bellamy played around there??

Killer03 said:
Big Pete C Eagle said:
Killer03 said:

Sorry Killer03,

Cheers Big Pete.

Bathurst? Bl**dy good area that. I knew Georgie was from around there, didn't realize Bellamy played around there??

Yes Killer, CB cames from this area. He comes home now and then and even at times voices a panel of coaches to keep them in the know of trends and changes with coaching techniques and themes in the NRL.
Bathurst is a nice area can be very cold in Winter.
FYI - 30 days until Bathurst 1000 and when NRL has finished I'll keep myself entertained with EPL Tipping in UK with 6 sites I have signed up with.

Killer03 said:
Yeh I'm from Bathurst originally, I remember the cold winters. Lot's of frosts.

Hey Killer03,
How long ago when you say originally?
Did you live in town or on a farm?
Our temp high today was 25 and it was warm but a chilly breeze blew up later in the afternoon.

Big Pete C Eagle said:
Killer03 said:

Hey Killer03,
Our temp high today was 25 and it was warm but a chilly breeze blew up later in the afternoon.

Hi Pete

About 20 years ago. Lived in the town, great place, but don't miss the cold!

Big Pete C Eagle said:
Killer03 said:

Sorry Killer03,

Cheers Big Pete.

Bathurst , so that where the human hamburger is from ?

Killer03 said:
Big Pete C Eagle said:
Killer03 said:

Hey Killer03,

Hi Pete

About 20 years ago. Lived in the town, great place, but don't miss the cold!

Thanks Killer, I was born and bred here and worked here in Govt Depts all my life, I've been involved in sports coaching (soccer, basketball and little aths) and sports & community admin for over 40 years.
If you wish send me a personal message/email and we might know a few people, unless you only did Uni and was only here for study. Include your surname if u were a local and you never know who we bump into. However, this thread is more social and I dont want to get offside and be penalised/sin binned with Dan.

I guess you know Daniel Mortimer and his dad Peter and James Maloney come from Orange. The Mortimers of course originated from Wagga (Turvey Park). Peter has a vineyard up this way, might need it after Chooks get plucked this week.

Bathurst has Harry Seijka signed back Warriors with Dragons next season. Bathurst also has a some young guns playing grade footy down in The Big Smoke. Bryan Norrie with Storm comes from out this way - Eugowra, I think it is. I could talk for hours on some past players from our electorate. Barry Rushworth ex Parra and Kangaroo came from Lithgow.
Paul Dunn ex Souths, Easts and Dogs and Souths CEO and ex Kangaroo from Bathurst. Then go further West and Dubbo has certainly had its box full as well. Peachey, Jack Wighton, Andrew Ryan, Steve Merritt, Col Parkes. Further West David (Cement) Gillespie, Bob Weir and Ron (Rambo) Gibbs more and more. Of course some old and household names at that.

In other sports, Bathurst has a host of Australian Internationals and I always put it down to something in our drinking water that's done it. Ha ha!

Cheers mate and enjoy the nostalgic journey in memories.
Big Pete

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7