Roosters next week!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Well we know our opposition. We've played them twice this year and lost both times.
Competitive at Brookie but quite outgunned at Allianz.
I for one am pretty much over the SBW, Pearce, Maloney love fest and would love to see Manly put a big score on them but I know this game wont be easy.
I doubt JWH will be suspended.
Suggestions on how we pluck these chooks?

I reckon choke (the chicken...lol) pearce and manlonely and the cards will crumble.

But erm, that may be a bit obv.

Those 2 seem to get a bit flustered when their hair gets all mussed up.

Cut off their heads then pluck handfuls of feathers at a time. Stick a forked stick up their dates and twist the stick in a clockwise direction four or five turns then slowly pull the stick out. This will remove their guts completely in one smooth motion. Roast on an outdoor open flame. This works great with ducks when you're out hunting for a few days. It's worth a go on the chooks.

I knew I should have been more sensible with my wording but some great cooking tips going on here so thanks.
Another idea could be that the whole Manly team makes individual SBW TV style youtube tributes.
This might over-excite his ego and get him in trouble with refs as he tries to remove heads with his elbows or shoulders.
I also think during a tackle someone should whisper, 'Oh no Sonny, I see a bald spot.'
Or, mirrors at the match so he can look at himself when he does those serious side glances.

mozgrame said:
Cut off their heads then pluck handfuls of feathers at a time. Stick a forked stick up their dates and twist the stick in a clockwise direction four or five turns then slowly pull the stick out. This will remove their guts completely in one smooth motion. Roast on an outdoor open flame. This works great with ducks when you're out hunting for a few days. It's worth a go on the chooks.

I'm with mozgrame, except rather than roasting, I prefer to burn the sucker until it's charred and throw the carcass to the dogs..........

PS: I'm so serious it is not funny, ready to smoke these guys....

After today's loss, I get the feeling Big George has played his last game for us. Looking at that side from Berks makes me realise what a strong team we'll have next week.

Despite my last post I did intend for this thread to be serious. The roosters have been a tough team all year and I'm wondering what sort of strategies Manly needs to use to beat them.
How do we shut down the Oh-Hyphened-One? He made huge metres against the bunnies and they have much bigger forwards than Manly.

Pressure their halves. Attack their edges, SKD will gift us a few errors. Forget the forwards battle and play smarter. Quick scoots out of dummy half and a 40/20 or two from Ballin would be great too. Plenty of decoys and support players inside their 20m and kick for our wingers. Get plenty of ball to Lyon and Williams.

1969 said:
mozgrame said:

I'm with mozgrame, except rather than roasting, I prefer to burn the sucker until it's charred and throw the carcass to the dogs..........

PS: I'm so serious it is not funny, ready to smoke these guys....
Wait until the heads are really tacky, then remove from plant and......
This works great when you're out hunting for a few days. It's worth a go. :p

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Pull Maloney's boot off and hide it somewhere.

Good one but a better idea SeaEagleRock, that is stick super glue on our boys boots and stuff Maloney right up. That might catch him out if The Video Ref doesn't turn a blind eye to it.
Hope we pluck em good - its our turn coz they're 2 up on us.

Whenever there are 2 or more in the tackle, leap as high as possible and nose dive into the turf. Attack the legs of players that are already held. Lay on the ground until the video ref has reviewed all tackles. Bite their penises.

Mark and pressure Jake Friend as carefully as we watched Cameron Smith last week, match their aggression (but don't overdo it), hold onto the ball and don't give away silly penalties. If we do that we'll do okay.
At it's best, rugby league is a very simple game (played by relatively simple men). All we need to do is score more points than they do, but we'll need to be at our best to do it.
With any luck JWH will be out for them (although I don't think he deserves to be, I can't see them letting him off) as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7