Roosters injury problems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Roosters’ injury “crisis” has sent the NRL rumour mill into overdrive with speculation grand final-winning playmaker James Maloney could return to save the club in its hour of need.

Channel 9 reported Monday night, the Roosters have reached out to the NRL for special injury dispensation. (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

The Roosters in February also requested salary cap dispensation surrounding captain Boyd Cordner’s ongoing issues with concussion

The Roosters’ track record of pulling off seemingly-impossible recruitment moves saw Maloney’s name tossed up

“Can you imagine the outrage in the NRL if the Roosters got James Maloney to return,” Rothfield said.

“They’ve been able to get away with a lot of stuff over the years.”

~sigh~
Things are dire when I’m agreeing with a Rothfield piece! They’re taking the piss.

James Maloney has moved quickly to shut down whispers he could return to the Sydney Roosters as Luke Keary’s injury replacement, declaring: “I’ve got no interest whatsoever in going back to the NRL.”

But Maloney told the Herald he had not heard from the Roosters, nor had any appetite for one last hurrah back home.

“Why does my name pop up every time? I’m too old,” Maloney said.

“There’s nothing there. There have been no talks. There’s no chance of me coming back.

“I’m living the dream here.″⁣

- It's like sports 'journos' are f.o.s! That can't be right. Surely they aren't muck raking, agenda driven, IQ challenged cowards?

Who is the obvious replacement, Chips?

Because we need to have someone very competent waiting in the wings.

Perhaps that’s Cust. Perhaps not.
yes yes - let's offload players and then get these fabulous high quality replacements just wanting to join us on a bargain basement salary. There are at least 15 quality halves wanting to join us on the cheap. All lining up right now calling Penn/Des. Same as the replacements for Turbo and Jurbo and Walker and Marty and..... oh my goodness yawn!

Injuries are apart of the game.

Cry me a river Trent.

I will show the Roosters as much sympathy as they have shown us = ZERO.

Whats this rumour about the NRL going to allow injury hit clubs to get players on loan for the rest of the season?

How is that fair when Manly have spent all this season with a depleted squad?

What can you do? Uncle Nicks had to make a cpla calls to V’landys and Abdo. It’s the least they can do for the Rorters in their time of need.

The Roosters have identified Storm hooker Brandon Smith as their priority target to fill the hole left by club legend Boyd Cordner following his retirement.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield revealed in an exclusive Roosters boss Nick Politis and general manager of football Daniel Anderson have contacted Smith’s agent, Stan Martin.

So yeah.... I'm not inclined to help them out in any way shape or form.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8