Roosters found a spare $$$...again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Roosters now targeting Josh Morris, who wants an immediate release from Sharks....
After the injury to the you youngster expected to take a centre position, why not just throw a few dollars at Morris who is on over $500,000 with Cronulla
The same story again....wants to go there for less money....yadayadayada
There is a pretty good feel they have already wrapped up 1 of the best young centres for 2021, of course will also be taking a pay cut to go there...

It's time the NRL got some balls.
Sick of clubs shopping players around if there are better players out there.
Same with the players, they have a sook to get out of a contract to go elsewhere for more money.

Sign a contract for X years and it stands. If a club thinks the player is an asset sign them for 5 years if your not sure offer a 2-year contract.
Same with the players if you sign a deal for 5 years see it out, just because you improve and become a star you see the contract out. If you think you will be worth more in 2 years then sign for 2 only.
Sign the 5-year deal and form drops you can't be shopped around, work out what you think your form will be like long term.

The arrogance of the rorters. Target a player and convince him to try and get out of their current contract to come play for them. 100% pure arrogance from this lot. They have no regard for any other club.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know how much truth there is to it so take it with the old pinch of salt, but from what I've been hearing the Chooks going after Brett Morris is not necessarily about replacing Mitchell. Its more Ryan Hall who is apparently on the outer with all the injuries he had last year and not performing like they thought he would.

If that is true I say sucked in to the Chooks. Hall is still a decent winger, but he's about 3-4 years past his prime and is now being plagued by injuries. The time to have him in the NRL should have been at least 5 or so years ago, not now. And well done to the Sharks for apparently saying no to releasing Morris.

Last edited:
I don't know how much truth there is to it so take it with the old pinch of salt, but from what I've been hearing the Chooks going after Brett Morris is not necessarily about replacing Mitchell. Its more Ryan Hall who is apparently on the outer with all the injuries he had last year and not performing like they thought he would.

If that is true I say sucked in to the Chooks. Hall is still a decent winger, but he's about 3-4 years past his prime and is now being plagued by injuries. The time to have him in the NRL should have been at least 5 or so years ago, not now. And well done to the Sharks for apparently saying no to releasing Morris.
I think you got your Morris' mixed up. It's Josh who is currently at the Sharks and Brett is at the Roosters. So it makes more sense that the Roosters would be looking at Josh to replace Mitchell as both of them play in the Centres.

I think you got your Morris' mixed up. It's Josh who is currently at the Sharks and Brett is at the Roosters. So it makes more sense that the Roosters would be looking at Josh to replace Mitchell as both of them play in the Centres.
This coupled with a season ending injury to a young centre they had pinned in for the bloke who flew the coup

Uncle Nick has just read your post and has offered the sharks a swap of Morris for Hall

The Goosters will always have cap space , they programme it that way.

Players probably get a mixture of cap, TPA and “ extras” .

I reckon they’d keep 10% as a minimum , just in case.

But I thought he was on a budget contract cause he really wanted to play for the roosters ;)
Look you too would crack the sh-ts when you wake every morning, look in the mirror and see an ugly bastard staring back at you. Then knowing that there is another ugly bastard undergoing the same torture, because he has the same face.

Must be stressful.

All the recent rain has seen money trees sprouting up at Russel's Nana Glen property.
Reports are that Souffs will lock-up Latreen for 2021 and they would surely have to be paying him twice what they are in 2020 (especially considering Easts are footing some of his wage this season), plus they will be paying big money for Bowen Arrow in 2021. Chances are that Ado-Carr will also be playing for Souffs or Easts in 2021....

I don’t even blame the roosters for this, it’s an NRL wide issue that our ****ty administration has allowed to manifest. You let one player out of a contract, then the club they leave has unexpected money to spend so then they approach whoever they want to replace said player. It just keeps perpetuating till a club puts their foot down. And is backed by the NRL. But Todd who is chunky with the player managers has allowed these managers to hold the balance of power and as usual it’s the fans that suffer.
Sign a contract, honour it. It is so simple yet our buffoons at the top have ****ed it up. Like just about everything else. There is more IQ in the toenail I discarded behind the couch last night while my wife was distracted than in NRL HQ

My bad, I named the wrong twin lol

You let one player out of a contract, then the club they leave has unexpected money to spend so then they approach whoever they want to replace said player.

Isn’t it illegal to entice someone to breach a contract? Not just in the NRL but in society in general?

Still trying to get my head around the $900k price tag, for him, just wow.

How big is the sharks cap, because they seem to have paid massive dollars for most of their team - woods, Moylan, Dugan, gallen, fifita etc etc

If things work out and he does go to the rorters, the only fair way would be on a $900k contract included in their cap

It's probably fair to be jealous of Roosters accountancy dept...I think most NRL fans are shocked they can fit a ferrari into a matchbox, but personally reckon Manly as a team, are the envy of the NRL...sad anyone on here feels differently...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4