Rooster reptiles and performance enhancers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
This reptile smuggling saga with roosters links alludes to cordner and others having extremely high elevated levels of human growth hormone in 2013. Another nail in the coffin for that grand final.

Ridiculous that they were cleared by the roosters’ doctor.

Latest news Friday, Kennedy gaoled for reptile smuggling.

Last edited:
Where Ru Greenberg?
Asleep at the wheel again?
Or just waiting for uncle Nick to pat u on that bald head and tell u to f off

Jail for NRL player-turned-turtle smuggler

Martin Kennedy has donned many hats - as a former school prefect, an NRL player and as a reptile breeder.
But Kennedy will be dressed in prison greens until at least 2022 after the player who was dumped from rugby league for doping was jailed on Friday for "serious" wildlife smuggling.
The NSW Court of Criminal Appeal found his original sentence - a three-year good behaviour bond delivered in June - was far too weak and jail was needed to send a message to the community.
The former Sydney Roosters and Brisbane Broncos prop, who was taken into custody minutes after the decision, had pleaded guilty to six offences including attempting to export blue-tongue lizards, importing turtles and stingrays from Thailand and illegally possessing foreign pythons at his Sydney home.
District Court Judge Sean Grant in June ruled he had excellent prospects of rehabilitation and sentenced him to the longest good-behaviour bond available to judges.
One condition of the intensive corrections order was that he complete 700 hours of community service.
But the appeal court on Friday agreed with prosecutors that the sentence was manifestly inadequate and imposed a four-year maximum jail term with a non-parole period of two years and six months.
"This is some of the most serious offending of its kind which has come before the courts," Justices Anthony Payne and Elizabeth Fullerton said.
Justice Christine Adamson said the original sentences for each individual offence were also too low which explained in part the inadequate total term.
She said not jailing Kennedy would mean others weren't deterred from committing the same offence.
"I consider general deterrence to be a highly significant factor in the present case," Justice Adamson said.
Kennedy had argued he'd already completed more than 500 hours of community service, taken significant steps toward rehabilitation and posed a low risk of reoffending.
The court had been told a career marred by major injuries led the Lismore-born man to seek out performance-enhancing supplements.
He wiped data from his phone and amassed a six-figure legal bill during a long-running investigation by anti-doping authority ASADA into his practices.
Issues at his reptile breeding and Japanese fishing tackle businesses, and a $25,000 loan owed to a friend and convicted bank fraudster, led Kennedy into the lucrative world of wildlife smuggling.
Kennedy's operation was first detected in July 2016 when Australian customs officials x-rayed four packages bound for Sweden and found 24 live shingleback lizards and 10 live dinner-plate turtles stored in cloth bags inside plastic food containers.
A similar attempt to send nine shinglebacks to Sweden in October - when Kennedy recruited a friend to physically post the packages - was also thwarted by customs and Australia Post.
Days later, he travelled to Thailand and - while paying more than $3000 in fees - posted a swath of live animals to Australia.
The haul was made up of 68 snakehead fish, 23 Chinese soft-shelled turtles, 20 sugar gliders, 15 veiled chameleons, 15 alligator snapping turtles and 11 neo-tropical stingrays.
Some 91 animals died in transit and all surviving specimens were later destroyed.
Two foreign non-venomous pythons and $43,550 in cash was seized from Kennedy's home in a March 2017 raid on his property.
Kennedy will be eligible for parole in April 2022.
Australian Associated Press

Where Ru Greenberg?
Asleep at the wheel again?
Or just waiting for uncle Nick to pat u on that bald head and tell u to f off

Yeah, don’t worry, greenturd read the newspaper article and decided that was a sufficient inquiry into the matter - case closed

Wildlife smuggling is disgusting and has terrible results for the poor animals. Visiting Thailand I was shocked to see sugar gliders selling for $30 Aussie dollars. I questioned the vendor about where it would live if you bought one and she answered that it would stay in the tiny cage its sold in. I was horrified and starting filming them with my phone and the lady got real edgy with me and told me I couldn't film them. I reckon our government should intervene and rescue the animals.
They had all sorts of exotic animals at those markets, including meerkats.
Terrible stuff.

Wildlife smuggling is disgusting and has terrible results for the poor animals. Visiting Thailand I was shocked to see sugar gliders selling for $30 Aussie dollars. I questioned the vendor about where it would live if you bought one and she answered that it would stay in the tiny cage its sold in. I was horrified and starting filming them with my phone and the lady got real edgy with me and told me I couldn't film them. I reckon our government should intervene and rescue the animals.
Terrible stuff.

:trophy:= you

Terrible stuff.
They are probably bred over there. We wouldn't have any jurisdiction. Sugar gliders are legal pets in many countries.

They are probably bred over there. We wouldn't have any jurisdiction. Sugar gliders are legal pets in many countries.
It would have started with smuggling in the first place. I know they're breeding them over there but it's completely wrong for those animals. They need an open forest habitat here in Australia and a diet of native pollens and nectars, not a tiny cage in Thailand.
I don't give a rats if they are legal pets in many countries. It's wrong that they are.

It would have started with smuggling in the first place. I know they're breeding them over there but it's completely wrong for those animals. They need an open forest habitat here in Australia and a diet of native pollens and nectars, not a tiny cage in Thailand.
I don't give a rats if they are legal pets in many countries. It's wrong that they are.
Exactly. A contemptible trade perpetuated by bottom of the barrel scum. And people who think it’s ok, because you know it’s kinda legal over there ....words fail me.

Which is a nice way of saying I don’t want to say something I might later regret.

Jail for NRL player-turned-turtle smuggler

Martin Kennedy has donned many hats - as a former school prefect, an NRL player and as a reptile breeder.
But Kennedy will be dressed in prison greens until at least 2022 after the player who was dumped from rugby league for doping was jailed on Friday for "serious" wildlife smuggling.
The NSW Court of Criminal Appeal found his original sentence - a three-year good behaviour bond delivered in June - was far too weak and jail was needed to send a message to the community.
The former Sydney Roosters and Brisbane Broncos prop, who was taken into custody minutes after the decision, had pleaded guilty to six offences including attempting to export blue-tongue lizards, importing turtles and stingrays from Thailand and illegally possessing foreign pythons at his Sydney home.
District Court Judge Sean Grant in June ruled he had excellent prospects of rehabilitation and sentenced him to the longest good-behaviour bond available to judges.
One condition of the intensive corrections order was that he complete 700 hours of community service.
But the appeal court on Friday agreed with prosecutors that the sentence was manifestly inadequate and imposed a four-year maximum jail term with a non-parole period of two years and six months.
"This is some of the most serious offending of its kind which has come before the courts," Justices Anthony Payne and Elizabeth Fullerton said.
Justice Christine Adamson said the original sentences for each individual offence were also too low which explained in part the inadequate total term.
She said not jailing Kennedy would mean others weren't deterred from committing the same offence.
"I consider general deterrence to be a highly significant factor in the present case," Justice Adamson said.
Kennedy had argued he'd already completed more than 500 hours of community service, taken significant steps toward rehabilitation and posed a low risk of reoffending.
The court had been told a career marred by major injuries led the Lismore-born man to seek out performance-enhancing supplements.
He wiped data from his phone and amassed a six-figure legal bill during a long-running investigation by anti-doping authority ASADA into his practices.
Issues at his reptile breeding and Japanese fishing tackle businesses, and a $25,000 loan owed to a friend and convicted bank fraudster, led Kennedy into the lucrative world of wildlife smuggling.
Kennedy's operation was first detected in July 2016 when Australian customs officials x-rayed four packages bound for Sweden and found 24 live shingleback lizards and 10 live dinner-plate turtles stored in cloth bags inside plastic food containers.
A similar attempt to send nine shinglebacks to Sweden in October - when Kennedy recruited a friend to physically post the packages - was also thwarted by customs and Australia Post.
Days later, he travelled to Thailand and - while paying more than $3000 in fees - posted a swath of live animals to Australia.
The haul was made up of 68 snakehead fish, 23 Chinese soft-shelled turtles, 20 sugar gliders, 15 veiled chameleons, 15 alligator snapping turtles and 11 neo-tropical stingrays.
Some 91 animals died in transit and all surviving specimens were later destroyed.
Two foreign non-venomous pythons and $43,550 in cash was seized from Kennedy's home in a March 2017 raid on his property.
Kennedy will be eligible for parole in April 2022.
Australian Associated Press
Always wondered does the original judge who let him off so lightly cop any stick professionally wise (demoted, fined), or is it the old boys club, and they just chalk it up to a mistake. Considering what the original judge sentenced him with to what the appeals court has, surely there’s some form of punishment? (I know there’s a few legal EAGLES on here, would be interested to know).

Sounds like a few more fellow silvertails have gone vegan ; )

Anyone seen The Game Changers documentary on Netflix yet?

Des has always liked experimenting to find the edge :cool::wasntme:

Always wondered does the original judge who let him off so lightly cop any stick professionally wise (demoted, fined), or is it the old boys club, and they just chalk it up to a mistake. Considering what the original judge sentenced him with to what the appeals court has, surely there’s some form of punishment? (I know there’s a few legal EAGLES on here, would be interested to know).
In a word, 'no'. And having a decision overturned on appeal is hardly unique, I think it happens to the best.
Judges who regularly get overturned on appeal eventually get a reputation but it's very hard to take any kind of disciplinary action against judicial officers. The exceptions to that are quite rare.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6