Roach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
http://www.alternateeagles.com/news.php?extend.892

I read this and it fired me up. He is seriously living in a dream land isnt he.

"King unfairly copped the brunt" unfairly? how is that unfair, that was the most embarrasing and the worst performance by a prop in the Manly jersey in the history of the club. I was embarrassed that someone in 43 minutes of football only took the ball up twice. If Roach thnks that that is acceptable then he needs to lose his job.

He will claim success this year all off the back of Ben Kennedy's hard work and that is just wrong. He should piss off to Balmain and we need to bring Cement or Carrol back to show these props what a hard man is.

Grrrrrr

But he admitted that his form his below par, the first sign that some can address a problem is admitting the problem.

Corso - he's admitted squat. It's a little bit like Nero saying "gee, the fire spilled over the hearth".

King has not copped a quarter of the criticism he has deserved all year, he has gone so far under the radar its not funny, What so the cronulla game has been his only shocker ?

Dan, i'd love to say i've herd it all... but when people come out with these statements on a day by day basis it really has be wondering.

Kings concistently bad preformances should have seen him at another club.

I think its time to adopt Ryans approach. Our coaching staff don't have the balls to make the hard calls. If we win this weekend, the majority of fans will forget his appauling season.

My 12YO brother is dying to get to a game. He told me the other day he can't wait to yell out:

"have a run king you ****ing soft prop!"

No other club would have him Flip.

We should have let the Roosters swoop when they were interested.

A swap with Topou would have done me!

I am not talking about King guys, we all know his performance was bad.

I am talking about Blocker Roach! he is protecting king because it is his job to get the forwards and defense working

I have to agree Dan - Kylie has been poor this season as well as King, Kite well below his best as shown last week Hecks also below his best. Only prop that has performed well is Bryant. Add to that Harris' form and you have to wonder is blocker doing anything

he is collecting a paycheck and thats it. Honestly wih all the manly greats that played prop why couldnt we get one of them instead of a balmain great with the coaching ability of a soccer mum

Blocker said publicly, he'd drop Manly if The Tigers offerred hiom a job apparently.

Yeah I heard him say that too Ryan- in that case, fcuk off then.
Unless they're tried and proven in the coaching department I'm not a big fan of having coaches who's heart lie with other organisations.
Anyway he's letting his son play rugby union for christ sake...and at a school full of wankers

he is collecting a paycheck and thats it. Honestly wih all the manly greats that played prop why couldnt we get one of them instead of a balmain great with the coaching ability of a soccer mum

Where was the critiscm of Roach when he was appointed 2 years ago? Roach is very public of his love for the Tigers, I have no problem with that, I would rather someone be upfront & honest with their feelings & intentions. Roach offered himself as a professional coach, if has not met the standards required you would presume that his services will not be retained, if he is retained then maybe your criticism should be directed towards the Head Coach rather than Roach.

come on Pete the things this guy says and does are a joke. Remember after we were beaten by penrith last year? he start laughing about Manly on the radio...yeah good move.

He is just not professional enough, he is a known nice guy and that is my problem, forwards cant afford to be nice guys, his comments on king show that his head is in the wrong place, who cares if king is a great young kid or whatever, what about the way he plays football

Dan, my point is that Des (as is the entire football world) aware of Roachs' love of the tigers. Prior to coming to us I am not aware of his coaching credentials other than some junior rep stuff.

The Penrith incident was unforgivable, but it showed that his loyalty was other than with Manly, in that case it was to Hadley in 2GB, his comments fitted the genre of the show on that day.

Roach may not be the best coach in the world, but we hired him. If he hasn't done the job Hasler wanted him to do then he will be fired by us.

You can't always blame the individual doing the job, if they are put into a position that is outside their capabilities they cannot be blamed for that. You then need to look elsehere for the scapegoat.

For what is worth I doubt that Roach will be with us next year.

all this talk about how bad our props have been the back half of this year(and they have,although bryant has tried hard) yet every man and his dog on the site expects us to beat parra.just doesnt add up.what we should realistically be expecting is some real guts(which i think will be forthcoming).a victory will be a miracle and a bonus.our performance should be judged on effort as we are blatantly outclassed.

Loyalty to players from the coaching staff is okay along as it isn't blind loyalty. What is said to the media and what is said to players are too different things and we will never know what goes on behind closed doors.

King has improved from that pitiful performance but needs to lift again this weekend. (Not hard to improve from where he was!!!)

As for Blocker, noone really knows what impact he has had on the squad. It is hard to base his performance on mere words and some of our forwards have improved. Like the criticism of Des last week, if we go out and beat Parra this week does this suddenly mean he is a genius. I also don't think it really matters what club you played for, as long as one is a professional. Does Ricky Stuart still support Canberra and why is Michael Hagan not supporting Canterbury.

Ummmmmmmm...........

CW both of those examples left the mentioned clubs whilst they were still playing....................

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4