Roach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan, my point is that Des (as is the entire football world) aware of Roachs' love of the tigers. Prior to coming to us I am not aware of his coaching credentials other than some junior rep stuff.

The Penrith incident was unforgivable, but it showed that his loyalty was other than with Manly, in that case it was to Hadley in 2GB, his comments fitted the genre of the show on that day.

Roach may not be the best coach in the world, but we hired him. If he hasn't done the job Hasler wanted him to do then he will be fired by us.

You can't always blame the individual doing the job, if they are put into a position that is outside their capabilities they cannot be blamed for that. You then need to look elsehere for the scapegoat.

For what is worth I doubt that Roach will be with us next year.

Pete I dont recall where I said his love of the tigers was a problem, you are using others statements against me. I simply said "He should piss off to Balmain"

My problem is that he seems to take it all so lightly, instead of toughening king up.

Do you honestly think he has done a good job with our props and defense?

If you do, name me 4 worst props who played for manly than King has since roach started coaching him?

So did Bozo but noone thinks of him as anything but a Manly player!!

The point is that club loyalty has no difference as to the job that a coach does. A lot of what is being said here is speculation, in that we don't really know what is happening - we can only comment on how it translates to the paddock.

Sue's comment is the best one on this thread. We are all getting a little too excited, unless Ben Kennedy has been cloned and 13 of them are turning up on Sunday!

all this talk about how bad our props have been the back half of this year(and they have,although bryant has tried hard) yet every man and his dog on the site expects us to beat parra.just doesnt add up.what we should realistically be expecting is some real guts(which i think will be forthcoming).a victory will be a miracle and a bonus.our performance should be judged on effort as we are blatantly outclassed.

Sue, i think most feel we will be beaten but have some hope. We Expect a good showing and a tight game.

Although a lot of money has been flowing in for the win so some people have confidence

being an addicted gambler always makes me look at the reality of the situation despite my biases towards the eagles.as a punter i would not even consider backing manly.i think we are no chance.

that does not mean i hold anything against the mad keen supporters hoping and praying for a win.that is how it should be and i hope their prayers are answered.

So did Bozo but noone thinks of him as anything but a Manly player!!

The point is that club loyalty has no difference as to the job that a coach does. A lot of what is being said here is speculation, in that we don't really know what is happening - we can only comment on how it translates to the paddock.

Sue's comment is the best one on this thread. We are all getting a little too excited, unless Ben Kennedy has been cloned and 13 of them are turning up on Sunday!

yeah maybe he did laugh but besides being a manly legend Bozo also has coaching credentials behind him, including a grand final, a minor premiership and several kangaroo victories.

What does Roach have?

You cant honestly say that loyalty makes us see Bozo as a better coach than Roach! Are you saying you think that Roach is better than Bozo? if so you can take a 4 day banning champ because that is ludicrous

[/quote]

Do you honestly think he has done a good job with our props and defense?

[/quote]

No, I do not. I am not defending Roach, his coaching credentials were almost non existent before he came to Manly, in fact King was a much better player before Roach came to Manly, draw your own conclusions from that comment. I am only stating that you cannot neccasrily blame Roach, he did not hire himself, he only made himself available for the job.

Corso, I dont get why you are arguing a moot point?
Why argue a point w agree on?

We both think Roach has done a poor job right?

So how is the fact he "hired himself" a defense for his attitude and the work he has done?

What I am saying is that he has the wrong attitude and can not coach, so why is he in the job and how can he defend King by saying he copped the brunt without justification?

He is in the job because he was hired by Hasler, in my opinion Hasler should fire him at the completion of our season, regardless of where we finish.

End of my input.

Pete, that was my point, you and matabele must be good twin and evil twin you both argue a point against a user who was making the same point.

And good on you for showing negitivity where it is due :clap:

What I am saying is he is doing a horrible job then has the audacity to crotocise others for saying that King is underperforming when he is.

It is also clear from that article that the writer does sweeps of this site everynow and then which is quite flatering that someone has their media cronies workin out there!

Dan - don't confuse the arguments. I was merely responding to the point about whether playing for a club makes a coach loyal.

Others here are certain that Roach is a poor forwards coach. I don't have enough information to make that judgement in the same way I can't really judge Toovey as a coach. (It is more than just instant results and the ability to rant in a dressing room). As one who actually does the job with a team I believe there is a lot that goes on that we don't know about. There are the drills and skills, the strategy, the formation etc

If Roach does what the coach expects, how is he to blame for King. Watmough is a much better player this year, is that a result of Roach or another factor?

I am not sticking up for Blocker or anyone else here - just trying to be balanced. His only crime is that he defended King when his polay against the Sharks was indefensible! The players are the ones we should be asking about Blocker (and Des for that matter!)

If I am confusing it its because others confused the point, it wasnt to bag king it was to say roach is not the man for the job.

King has been worse since Roach started, that is fact!

Watmough has been better but he himself attributees it to his attitude which he attributes to Kennedy.
This is my point Roahc is resting on the hard work of kennedy when he doesnt deserve it

IMO I can't really make a judgement on Blocker. I dont get to listen to his radio gig. I don't get to go and watch trainings and I never really took much of an interest in his career.

We can all blame him for Kings poor form, we can all blame him on Harris and a few others bad form but he is never recognised when we think of how much Watmough has improved this season (probably more so because of BK but its worth a thought). BK has been exceptional and despite looking like a slacker, BK2 concistenly makes the 150's every game.

In my honest opinion the only person we can be blaming for kings form is himself. How else can we explain king making 15metres in a match. 3 tackles. Then doing a repeat the week after, being warned and then coming out and putting in a decent performance and then going back to being slack.

King has an effort problem. We would be better off without him and having another back on the bench. Ill reserve my judgment on Blocker as a coach until we have a full set of solid forwards.

As for a media man... he needs to shut up. Id love to say leave it to zorba...

but flip we arent really blaming blocker for his form, but the trend seems to be that forwards are getting worse under blocker.

Watmough said himself that he has improved due to BK

I would say a select few are getting worse. King, Harris, Lulu ect.

Kite isn't as effective without Baily and co.

Watmough has had his best season to date along with BK. Steve Menzies has had his best season for a long time and we have discovered a fairly stong forward in Bryant. Dont get me wrong, I want a previous manly forward in Blockers roll but I can't honestly blame him without all the facts.

In my books, King, Harris but not so much lulu have always been slackers although I am worried that Steve can't get anything more out of them. Considering our record loss came in a game where we could have secured 7th place.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6