• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Watmough is looking pretty buff. Good picture of him sweating it out in the gym.

Bell is settling in well and is shocked by being recognised in the street - something that didn't happen much in Melbourne.

Harris describes his departure from Manly as "very amicable" - "the way he wanted it".

Burns is listed as our "young player to watch". If he can keep away from the bottle that is.

Good to see Watmough is looking tip top.

Burns, lets hope he fulfills his "potential"

Most Eagles fans were amicable about Harris's decision to leave as well.

Did RLW interview Watmough? If so, did he have anything interesting to say?

No they just had an article about the off season - mainly to say the players are in hard training (throughout the NRL).

The had a photo of Watmough in that context.

I think you could say that due to sam leaving there will be at least 2 less dropped balls & penalities per game 8)

[quote author=Stuey Davis Socks]

I think you could say that due to sam leaving there will be at least 2 less dropped balls & penalities per game 8)

[/quote]

Not really - we still have a couple of players in the team who will happily fill harris' shoes next year with a couple of extra dropped balls and penalties. Now if only we could get rid of them!

I think Harris was a very diverse good player. I am extremely dissapointed to lose him, yet retain King. That is just my honest opinion.

Harris was diverse, could play 65+ minutes, was mobile, had an offload, and pace when required. He was a player that gave our team great second phase play.

What of these attributes does Jason King have? Seriously, I want to know what you guys think.

Ryan, I agree Harris had all those qualities yet he only used them spasmodically. Unfortunately his time on the paddock was usually interspersed with errors, often at pivotal times in games. I always saw Harris as another Haumono type - bristling with ability but without the desire or capacity to put the obvious skills to work on a consistant basis. I can not see him improving at Manly so I'm not phased at all by his release.

As for the King comparison, he is showed no desirable qualities at all for the bulk of 2005. Hopefully 2006 will be different. However, next year if he gets injured again or fails to perform near what you would expect for a bloke on the money he's on, I say shop him around the UK clubs pronto.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6