Risky NRL training cultures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Is there any other ways Barrett is going to fk this club over?

Denying water is ridiculous.

My nephew was ( now the security manager for Rio Tinto) an SAS trooper based in Perth , yes that same brigade that lost all those members in Iraq / Afghanistan.

He’s about 50 now , joined the army at 18, and enlisted with about 200 to become an SAS trooper.

He told me about the training regime and then the final testing to become one of the elite , seriously it would curl your toes.

He was one of 3 who survived.

The very last test is dropping them in the WA wilderness , with nothing other than a knife and an emergency beacon , if they can survive 10 days they are in, hit the emergency button , they are out.

17 made the final test , 3 didn’t push the button.

Harden the f@#k up.. if you want to engage in disciplines that take you past the human endeavours of mind or body then that's your CHOICE.

Don't go playing the "victimised" card after the fact.

I'm 57 and trained all my life.. I spent 1 hour laying on a beach with 9 other students having every wave flood my lungs while my instructors walked over the top of us.. I also had to spar 40 opponents in a 2hr session, battered and bruised whilst my instructor promted my opponents to go harder the more tired I got and eventually I was on the opposite end of those training sessions.. whilst many of my fellow students dropped out...it's called Kyokushin and it's madness for the love of an art that's very philosophy is mental strength.. and I wasn't getting paid!

My point is I choose this path and yes my body still carries the scars but my mind is resilient even in the toughest times.

The world is internally imploding because... I won't go there..... as I'm sure there will be a million comments out there banging on with their
"nanny state, politically correct views" that have never put themselves in a position of physical or mental pain". and I respect that as your choice.

I get exactly where James Graham and Braith are coming from.. they come from that place that I've been by CHOICE.

My advice to the players:
If it's not for you don't do it..but if you do it don't complain, your a big boy and stand by your decision.

Oĥhh...yeah I should add "girl" to that sentence right...my bad

Let the comments begin

Last edited:
Lloyd Perrett

Now there is a bloke I forgot. He left Manly?. Did he play for Manly or just train?. I can’t remember a measurable output.

If he has proof from the incident then and made a complaint them fair enough to bring it up. If just a left field pile on I move on.

It’s a bit sad that legal action can be taken now over something 7 years ago. If this carries in there wont be any sport any more because I am sure there is plenty of material that can be brought up.

NYEagle

My nephew was ( now the security manager for Rio Tinto) an SAS trooper based in Perth , yes that same brigade that lost all those members in Iraq / Afghanistan.

He’s about 50 now , joined the army at 18, and enlisted with about 200 to become an SAS trooper.

He told me about the training regime and then the final testing to become one of the elite , seriously it would curl your toes.

He was one of 3 who survived.

The very last test is dropping them in the WA wilderness , with nothing other than a knife and an emergency beacon , if they can survive 10 days they are in, hit the emergency button , they are out.

17 made the final test , 3 didn’t push the button.
Thanks for sharing the story feathered friend Mark
I have been to some training camps where they test your mental and physical resolute
You are pushed to the limits and your response is your score card
The fact is ....
The only way to find how tough we are
We need to pass the grueling ball busting resilient test
It is the only way to find out our level of tolerance

The last words are from the American Motivational speaker William Arthur Ward
ADVERSITY CAUSES SOME MEN TO BREAK
AND OTHERS TO BREAK RECORDS

Thing is - these allegations from coaches and players have most of these ( comeback for money) holes filled by contracts, that have already been signed before it gets to and prevent this.
Thing is anything to do with (health and safety) type issues from bullying through to head knocks, favouritism, contracts and all the other fun stuff can still open doors later.
Another thing is, there maybe rare cases where these situations are real and are most definitely worth considering and to those that are, I respectfully say to dismiss my following comment as this is not aimed at them.
This precious society has created so many loopholes for ppl to make rubbish claims that are there to be taken advantage of and personally, it pi**es me off and probably more a dig at the scammers who make these claims, than the legislation that allows them to do it......the fakes are becoming too big, compared to the real world I grew up in.

Thing is - these allegations from coaches and players have most of these ( comeback for money) holes filled by contracts, that have already been signed before it gets to and prevent this.
Thing is anything to do with (health and safety) type issues from bullying through to head knocks, favouritism, contracts and all the other fun stuff can still open doors later.
Another thing is, there maybe rare cases where these situations are real and are most definitely worth considering and to those that are, I respectfully say to dismiss my following comment as this is not aimed at them.
This precious society has created so many loopholes for ppl to make rubbish claims that are there to be taken advantage of and personally, it pi**es me off and probably more a dig at the scammers who make these claims, than the legislation that allows them to do it......the fakes are becoming too big, compared to the real world I grew up in.
It do not only end there feathered friend Maxta

I can see @Dan getting sued from past Silvertails posters for leaving due to the stress , chronic anxiety and sleepless nights the Silvertails forum has caused them
1714529995247.png

It do not only end there feathered friend Maxta

I can see @Dan getting sued from past Silvertails posters for leaving due to the stress , chronic anxiety and sleepless nights the Silvertails forum has caused them
View attachment 26900
Scary but true Bozo - the endless cans of worms that are being opened only stop at the imagination of those who make false claims....the issue we have is the few that are authentic are going to suffer with doubt caused by all the 'Boy who cried wolf" stories out there....

I disagree with your Contracts Perspective feathered friend
Nothing is Concrete .....
Contracts
Salary caps
defensive lines
game plans
and Records
Are all meant to be Challenged and Broken

Last edited:
Harden the f@#k up.. if you want to engage in disciplines that take you past the human endeavours of mind or body then that's your CHOICE.

I'm 57 and trained all my life.. I spent 1 hour laying on a beach with 9 other students having every wave flood my lungs while my instructors walked over the top of us.. I also had to spar 40 opponents in a 2hr session, battered and bruised whilst my instructor promted my opponents to go harder the more tired I got and eventually I was on the opposite end of those training sessions.. whilst many of my fellow students dropped out...it's called Kyokushin and it's madness for the love of an art that's very philosophy is mental strength.. and I wasn't getting paid!

My point is I choose this path and yes my body still carries the scars but my mind is resilient even in the toughest times.

The world is internally imploding because... I won't go there..... as I'm sure there will be a million comments out there banging on with their
"nanny state, politically correct views" that have never put themselves in a position of physical or mental pain". and I respect that as your choice.

I get exactly where James Graham and Braith are coming from.. they come from that place that I've been by CHOICE.

If it's not for you don't do it..but if you do it don't complain, your a big boy and stand by your decision.

Let the comments begin
^^^^^^^^
This
👏👏👏👏👏

Let the comments begin
Love Your Work @Jay Eagle !

I'm assuming the harden up comments on here are related to Topine?

Because if they are directed at Lloyd Perret who suffered a "life altering seizure" on behalf of heatstroke then that's ridiculous.

I'm assuming the harden up comments on here are related to Topine?

Because if they are directed at Lloyd Perret who suffered a "life altering seizure" on behalf of heatstroke then that's ridiculous.
Can’t speak for everyone else but, as I stated previously, I think there is a very big difference between the two situations…

For clarity, I do not think Lloyd needs to harden up, I do think he may be looking to take advantage of recent events with regards to public perception regarding his legal action and I do think he possibly has merit to his claim and will likely achieve some degree of success as (on face value) Manly have likely done the wrong thing by Lloyd (if allegations are true)…

Can’t speak for everyone else but, as I stated previously, I think there is a very big difference between the two situations…

For clarity, I do not think Lloyd needs to harden up, I do think he may be looking to take advantage of recent events with regards to public perception regarding his legal action and I do think he possibly has merit to his claim and will likely achieve some degree of success as (on face value) Manly have likely done the wrong thing by Lloyd (if allegations are true)…
That's the point. These are allegations and one side of the story we've heard so far. There may be (and probably is) another side to the story. And the fact that he's decided to take this action 7 years down the track after going on to play NRL after the event, seems extremely fishy to me.

That's the point. These are allegations and one side of the story we've heard so far. There may be (and probably is) another side to the story. And the fact that he's decided to take this action 7 years down the track after going on to play NRL after the event, seems extremely fishy to me.
Agree there will be more to come out but IF Lloyd:
A. Was denied water during vigorous training; and
B. Suffered a damaging medical episode as a result of those actions; then
C. Manly have failed in their duty of care and it will not matter how long ago it was (within the statute of limitations which it obviously is)

At least you were provided with water

In relation to the legal action being taken , as is always the case , there’s the claimant’s side of the story , and the defendant’s side of the story , with the truth being somewhat in the middle.

I imagine this will be an easy one , the players of that period will all be interviewed , and if there’s a strong case there’ll be a payout.

If it’s just “ he says , they say “ it’ll be who has the biggest legal account to pay for it.

I don’t think my statement is denigrating either the club or the player, it’ll be facts that decide.

At least you were provided with water
Often went without.. but I chose to do it.. I could have stopped and so could these players..before even getting to NRL level

If you watch that link you will see a student say the exact same thing.. "no water".. and then the instructor says that's when the mind needs to be strong. SHIHAN Fitkin is 78

People here are aware we lost a young man to heatstroke not long ago???

How the fk could we minimise a similar complaint?

If anything, it starting to look like a pattern from the club.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10