RIP Bobby Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if anyone has posted this but it’s absolutely true!

D4A713C6-4690-45D7-B690-280B556EFE3B.jpeg

BOZO’S TIPS TAKEOVER

Bob Fulton’s NRL tips will remain in The Sunday Telegraph for the rest of the season, via his grandkids.

Bozo had eight grandchildren he absolutely adored – Zac, Jorga, Kobe, Zali, Jake, Ethan, Hannah and Alexa.
They will each get one tip for the eight games, co-ordinated by Bozo’s wife Ann.
There is only one rule – and it doesn’t matter if Manly is playing the Panthers, Storm or anyone else – the kids must tip the Sea Eagles every week, exactly as Bozo did.

‘MISTAKEN’ IDENTITY

There have been a thousand great Bozo Fulton stories since his passing last Sunday.

The great Mick Cronin recalls Bozo whacking him in the head in a Roosters v Eels game in the late 70s.

“What’s that about,” Cronin said to Bozo.
“Sorry mate I thought you were Pricey (Ray Price),” Bozo replied.
Typical Bozo … Price had long hair and Cronin short back and sides. It was impossible to mistake them.

More info here on funeral, live stream and Bozo career statistics

More info here on funeral, live stream and Bozo career statistics

it says the the funeral will be live streamed, is there anyone who can record it then share it with me as i will be stuck at work with no way to access it

Nice tribute by Robert Simeon of 'The Official Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Group' (Facebook)

Vale Bob Fulton

If you were fortunate enough to watch Bob Fulton play live you were a most fortunate person, and I became a Manly supporter just two years before our maiden premiership. Bob was my hero, of course, where fair to say he was probably every Manly supporters hero. As a young boy I remember playing footy after school with my mates and I would call for the ball screaming "Fulton on the burst".

Back then it meant nothing for a 10 year old to catch the bus to Brookie, and sit on the hill and cheer on my idol. Bob really is Mr Manly, in every facet given he accomplished everything at Manly and so much more, that his legacy will live on for hundreds of years and beyond.

I found him intriguing to talk to (after I stopped pinching myself) as I had a chance meeting with Bob and Des a few years back which was facilitated by Kristie Fulton as they wanted to know more about this Facebook group. Back then we had around the 18,000 mark in members and both men were fascinated about the demographics especially countries, town and cities. Back then we had around 10,000 members in Australia and 5,000 from PNG which simply astounded them both. The data we have in this group, is what businesses pay thousands of dollars for as they search for the new business revenues. Des had to head to training so Bob and I chatted for the best part of an hour just talking footy and laughing. As we walked to our cars, Bob said to me write this down and he gave me his mobile and email which just blew me away.

I told Bob that is was the Fulton's who started my fascination with our Pathways and nobody knew our Pathways better than Bob who is there at every home game, watching all the teams play. When I arrived at Lottoland, I would firstly look for Bob who was always with his beautiful wife Ann, and off to say hello I would go and a great chat always followed. Bob would always ask how many in the group now, and he would nod approvingly when I gave him the latest updates as he was really taken by this group.

So much so, that he told me one day at the Lottoland that he wanted to donate a few items from his prized memorabilia collection which I found most difficult to comprehend. Then there we have it, a prized 1996 Grand Final signed jersey beautifully framed and next the Brett and Glenn Stewart framed jersey. Anyone could enter the competition just put in writing what Bob meant to them and we were inundated with entries. I remember speaking to Bob and he was just lost for words, and humbled at the affection, love and respect shown to him. He said to me "I simply had no idea that people still felt that way and I really did not see this coming." I snapped back well I did, because we talk about you all the time and our group loves you as much today, as when you were playing.

I heard Ken Arthurson being interviewed last week, and when asked who was the best player he had ever seen and he said "Bozo, because he was the only one who could make something happen when you needed something to happen." I immediately thought well he is still doing that today, so nothing has changed. He knows and has compiled a mental dossier on every player from our U16's through to our Top 30 and that's a lot of players. That's what he taught me with watching the Pathways where I remember sitting next to him watching a SG Ball game and Manly had the ball and Bob watching every dynamic intently through his binoculars. He called out a play and I commented "gee I must have missed that? Bob kept watching through his binoculars and said " that's because it hasn't happened yet" and then it happened Manly went in for the try and won the game.

We really need to honor Bob for all that he has done, so naming the Centre of Excellence after him is a no-brainer, together with a bronze statue outside the Centre of Excellence. Our membership packages need to named after past players to give it some identification and meaning.

This Sunday, I will be taking the great mans direction by heading to North Sydney Oval to watch the Bears play our BWSE as there are couple of Bob's hot tips playing. That being young Kaeo Weekes and Tolu Koula and that ladies and gentlemen is exactly the way the great man would have wanted it as his legacy will always go on and on.

We have so much to thank Bob for and I thought Noel 'Crusher" Cleal summed it up perfectly, "If Bob liked you, you were one of the luckiest people in the world." Indeed, and I was so lucky to meet this unbelievable man #RIPBozo and thank you.

PS The Fulton family has respectfully requested that those attending the service wear something Manly 🦅

Feels like a massive tear in the fabric of this great club. One that can't ever be filled. Can't belive he's gone.

Bozo turned me from playing RU to RL as a 15 year old, after watching his first TV match on a ABC live on a Saturday afternoon in 1966, on the old black and white tv in our house in Forestville .... never stopped being a fan ... I'm 70 now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4