Right side ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't agree that Vega is our best option. Whilst Tui isn't quite up to standard at the moment I think Vega is not up to NRL standard. He's too slow unfortunately. Tries hard but not as good as Tui IMO.
Agreed. Vaega not up to NRL standard. Poor decision making from what I've seen.

Agree we all frustrated with Christian tui but Ray V isn't the answer.

I can't see Tippy Toes being dropped just yet, but if I was the coach I'd be tempted to do one of two things (both involve dropping him): (Edit: 3 things)

• Bring Harper up to play centre and move Koula to the wing.
  • Play Weekes on the wing and have Lawton (when available) or GCKT on the bench in 14.
  • Move Koula to the wing, play Weekes at centre and have Lawton or GCKT on the bench.

Though like I said, I can't see Tuipulotu being dropped just yet. If he fails next week then maybe Seibold will think change things, but not necessarily while we're winning games.

IMHO we need to keep this same 17 on the field for as many consecutive weeks as possible. We still have work to do in forming combinations and moving up as one in defence. Parramatta were actually a lot sharper in attack than us especially down our end. My biggest disappointment from last night was Croker. We need more from him. A hell of a lot more. That was not an NRL standard performance from him last night. He played with a lot of heart but we need him to play with his bloody head too. He did some great things for sure but the negatives far outweighed the positives in his performance last night. Also very little impact from our bench players last night aside from Keppie who was absolutely awesome. Ben really needs to step up. We all saw what he is capable of in some of his first NRL games. He has some great attacking skills hiding away somewhere. IMHO he has a man of the match performance coming up in the weeks ahead. And from there maybe he will have the confidence to play his natural game and really blossom.

Coach of the Century Jack Gibson once said that even winning teams can be changed if you think it will improve them. He was right.

Sure we've won 2 games, but next week we play Souths who have Walker and Latrell patrolling their left and they plus Alex Johnston would tear Tuipulotu a new one if his defence is like last nights.

Coach of the Century Jack Gibson once said that even winning teams can be changed if you think it will improve them. He was right.

Sure we've won 2 games, but next week we play Souths who have Walker and Latrell patrolling their left and they plus Alex Johnston would tear Tuipulotu a new one if his defence is like last nights.
I get what you are saying but the coach has a full week to focus on this glaring issue. If he can't pull his head in after this for sure send him packing to Blacktown for a month or so to let him work on his game and earn his way back into the team.

TBH I don't know enough about Seibold's or Flanagan's coaching preferences to say if they will drop Tuipulotu for next Saturday night's game or not.

However I suspect at this stage the 17 we had on Thursday, barring injury, will be the same 17 we have at the Olympic Stadium in a weeks time.

Every opposition coach will be salivating after watching our right side defence, it was painful for me watching it so I can only imagine the plans being made to attack our right side with everything they've got
But same can be said for manly's coaching staff planning on getting the defence better for upcoming games , Learning from miss reads and improving

I don’t rate Tui at all, however after looking at the replay of the game yesterday I don’t reckon too many wingers would have stopped the tries down his flank. Sometimes you just have to give the attacking team credit for the quality of their play.

When Garrick and Turbo score trys against other teams "right side" .. it's because the Shu and they are brilliant ...

When other teams score trys exactly the same way against us .... its because our winger is shyte ...

I'm prepared to bet London to a Gutho hair bun .... that in the 2 games tonight ... at least 5 or 6 trys are scored against the "right sides"

And every other game this year .... for every team ...

And the notion that Saab would be better .... ludicrous ...
And the same “he should just stay on his wing” commenters would also be saying “he is lazy and left a huge hole for them to stroll through to score” if he stays on his wing leaving a player unmarked inside

Our right has been a train wreck for quite some time. If we don’t address it we won’t compete with South’s. It must be fixed.

A big part (perhaps the biggest) of defence in the NRL is controlling where you hand the ball to the opposition and winning the ruck/wrestle as they come out of their end.

If we didn’t give the Eels field position then we wouldn’t be talking about poor defensive reads on our line.

In saying that, I 100% agree with the sentiment in this thread about Tui. But we could be better in other areas too and minimise this issue.

Tui is becoming a 2020 Jorge Taufua type liability where teams are going to target him constantly. High ball, goal line defence, it's all very dodgy for poor Tui. Don't want to know what an in form Rabbits left side would do to him.

In a tough situation where we are waiting for Saab to return though and don't really have any other option other than maybe Vaega.
Jorge while awful under the bomb was exceptional in attack and hit hard in defence

Tui is none of this things, he's Michael Bani with height and none of the speed, in many respects he's the Michael Bani at home in the meme

Stop ****ting on the possibly the best player we've had whose wasted a career in the wrong position by claiming Tui is in his league, he's not and never will be

Our right has been a train wreck for quite some time. If we don’t address it we won’t compete with South’s. It must be fixed.

But that is the point ... every teams right side defence is a train wreck .... last night games saw at least 6 tries on the right side ... and in today's 3 games there will be another 10 ...

The winger that can stop it doesn't exist ....

But that is the point ... every teams right side defence is a train wreck .... last night games saw at least 6 tries on the right side ... and in today's 3 games there will be another 10 ...

The winger that can stop it doesn't exist ....

(since you retired)

woot!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4