Right side ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tui not icing the try that would have snuffed Parra out was very poor finishing technique on his part. He should have dived into the corner instead of having a collision with Gutho. Those are opportunities that must be taken. We were lucky last night that their centre couldn't pick up that ball up on our line and score. Tui's defensive reads are a concern and he raises in far too frequently. Both DCE and Tui need to hold their position in defence. At least 3 of their tries came down the right edge. I'm glad we got the two points.

Tui definitely a weak link and will only be more targeted going forward . As mentioned already , not dissimilar to the unreliability factor previously to Jorge ' both under the high ball and defensive reads . Maybe not such an unsuitable suggestion with Weekes having a crack as a winger . could even have a bit of a roving role in attack to good effect with his natural speed and anticipation . Would have a better response reaction then Tui and would have to expect better under the high ball , should be able to pick up the defensive requirements within reason but at the cutting edge of i st grade footy , would have to be on the fast tracked adjustment as well . Not a lot of options , Vagea but he could have his issues as well . Could have Lawton on the bench then with Weekes then having a run on spot . Don "t know but Eels kept in the game in no small part with some of Tui 's on field problems last night . Oloka - atu hardly utilized well on that side either until his very helpful 2 nd half scores . Koula limited opportunities as well ,

Tui was a liability last year and if anything has become a bigger liability. Can't catch, can't hold his line. We would have won last night by 12+ if it wasn't for his mistakes. The try he 'bombed', all he had to do was run the angle to the corner and dive over. But for some reason he decided to change angle slightly and tried to crash through Gutho. That is a try every day of the week. The two trys at the end of the game saw him come flying in off his wing. We MUST find a replacement. Dont need a superstar just someone who can catch a high ball and hold their line in defence. It became comical towards the end.

Something radical . . . TT to right centre, Weekes to FB, Toula to roving right wing ?
I like it and said so earlier in the year, no doubt makes us a stronger overall side, thing is Tom’s the best fullback in the game and wants to play 1 so doubt its ever going to happen.

Perhaps next best option could be switching Hank to the right, Koula out to the wing, Tui drops out, Weekes takes Hanks spot on the left or move Rubes in one? And play Weekes on the wing, still like it the other way round, Rubes is our best winger, so silly to move him.

Gordie comes in at 14 to sub with Froggy in both halves, let’s us play 2,9’s.

Think Lawman on the bench is also best for the team, provided he comes back ok, his high energy and we need that. Hard on Burbo as he has utility value too, maybe if he keeps adding to his chassis he can find a place in our middle rotation, not sure on that one.

Tui definitely a weak link and will only be more targeted going forward . As mentioned already , not dissimilar to the unreliability factor previously to Jorge ' both under the high ball and defensive reads . Maybe not such an unsuitable suggestion with Weekes having a crack as a winger . could even have a bit of a roving role in attack to good effect with his natural speed and anticipation . Would have a better response reaction then Tui and would have to expect better under the high ball , should be able to pick up the defensive requirements within reason but at the cutting edge of i st grade footy , would have to be on the fast tracked adjustment as well . Not a lot of options , Vagea but he could have his issues as well . Could have Lawton on the bench then with Weekes then having a run on spot . Don "t know but Eels kept in the game in no small part with some of Tui 's on field problems last night . Oloka - atu hardly utilized well on that side either until his very helpful 2 nd half scores . Koula limited opportunities as well ,
My only concern with Weekes on the wing Al is that given where they are playing him off the bench, I assume all his training seems to have been in and around the ruck. Altho, having said that, he's considered the back up for Turbo. Geez, now I'm confused so how would Weekes feel. And I guess there's my point - do we want to throw him on the wing and expect him to be able to make all the right defensive calls right away as well? And I'm with you with Oloka - he just still seems too flat or not at full speed when he's running at the defence (most times). Would love to see him running at gaps at full speed. Good luck stopping him.

IMHO we need to keep this same 17 on the field for as many consecutive weeks as possible. We still have work to do in forming combinations and moving up as one in defence. Parramatta were actually a lot sharper in attack than us especially down our end. My biggest disappointment from last night was Croker. We need more from him. A hell of a lot more. That was not an NRL standard performance from him last night. He played with a lot of heart but we need him to play with his bloody head too. He did some great things for sure but the negatives far outweighed the positives in his performance last night. Also very little impact from our bench players last night aside from Keppie who was absolutely awesome. Ben really needs to step up. We all saw what he is capable of in some of his first NRL games. He has some great attacking skills hiding away somewhere. IMHO he has a man of the match performance coming up in the weeks ahead. And from there maybe he will have the confidence to play his natural game and really blossom.

Something radical . . . TT to right centre, Weekes to FB, Toula to roving right wing ?

Ok, what about Weekes to Rht Wing or even Burbo to rght wing ?
Sounds brilliant, is everyone forgetting Manly won the game, he let in two tries when he could barely move, he isn't first choice winger, toula kola and Weekes aren't freaking wingers, Manly are a game behind on match fitness which equates to their opposition being mathematically fricking twice as battle hardened (and it showed after 27 minutes last night) and said opposition finished as beaten grandfinalists last year.

FMD you lot are panic merchants.

I saw Koula having a cracker of a game in both attack and defence ...
Really? I thought he was ordinary and he made at least two critical errors: 1. when he let Gutho free from a tackle, who scored, and 2. when we was part of an attacking raid and he threw the ball not to his outside man but over the sideline.
I may be too critical.
However, I hope fans are realising that pace alone does not make a top player, and they are appreciate that Parker's defence, courage and teamwork makes him the first centre picked in our top team.

Sounds brilliant, is everyone forgetting Manly won the game, he let in two tries when he could barely move, he isn't first choice winger, toula kola and Weekes aren't freaking wingers, Manly are a game behind on match fitness which equates to their opposition being mathematically fricking twice as battle hardened (and it showed after 27 minutes last night) and said opposition finished as beaten grandfinalists last year.

FMD you lot are panic merchants.
and it was hot - the fatigue on both teams in the last 10 minutes, wow - whoever had the ball was going to score. Possession was key.

I saw Koula having a cracker of a game in both attack and defence ... but some traffic through Tui, notably Sivo doing a Talaki on Harper - esque performance.

Can someone smarter than me tell me what was going on? I noticed a few times Koula hit his man only for Sivo to go over unmarked?
Tui seems to get lost when defending, it's as though he doesn't trust Koula's defence as he's constantly rushing inside and leaving a free passage for his opposing winger, we used to see a lot of the same from Wolfman, especially later in his career, it's bloody frustrating sitting and watching because before the try is scored you can see it coming, we don't have the same problem on our left, Parker and Garrick seem to work well together. If we are to beat the really good sides Siebold and Flanno are going to have to do some serious work, I don't know if Saab is the answer, his past defending has been worrisome to say the least, maybe it's worth giving Weekes a shot but whoever they try has to work in unison with their inside man and stop opening up our right side otherwise every team in the comp will take advantage of our biggest weakness on a weekly basis

Saab is safer under the high ball and overall is a better finisher than Tuipulotu. I thought Tuipulotu was quite solid in the first half, but became unstuck in the second.
You're right about that, he does seem to lose his way as the game progresses, perhaps it's a fatigue thing, I don't know but the coaches need to address this weakness and quickly if we're to make any impact this season

My only concern with Weekes on the wing Al is that given where they are playing him off the bench, I assume all his training seems to have been in and around the ruck. Altho, having said that, he's considered the back up for Turbo. Geez, now I'm confused so how would Weekes feel. And I guess there's my point - do we want to throw him on the wing and expect him to be able to make all the right defensive calls right away as well? And I'm with you with Oloka - he just still seems too flat or not at full speed when he's running at the defence (most times). Would love to see him running at gaps at full speed. Good luck stopping him.
A big ask in many respects for Weekes to automatically adjust to wing play but just would primarily or expect to have a higher or much higher percentage result under the high ball . Can be obviously momentum changes and putting a side under so much more unavoidable pressure with regular dropped bombs . Thing with Weekes , he can obviously attack from anywhere on the field , should be much more safer under the high ball , defence positioning the big adjustment but he is a really good natural footy player , getting or gradually some more helpful experience now so not out of the question that he could manage it . Maybe just back to the adage of having one 's best 13 on the field to get the job done , Weekes is a better player overall then the alternatives , Tui or Vagea .Would be a bit of a bold move but then every chance a better option then having more spilled bombs from Tui and some shaky defensive reads causing real problems .

If Parra were able to exploit our right side defence like that then I can’t imagine what Souths’ left hand attack will do to us. Johnston might score 6 tries untouched
Every opposition coach will be salivating after watching our right side defence, it was painful for me watching it so I can only imagine the plans being made to attack our right side with everything they've got

Really? I thought he was ordinary and he made at least two critical errors: 1. when he let Gutho free from a tackle, who scored, and 2. when we was part of an attacking raid and he threw the ball not to his outside man but over the sideline.
I may be too critical.
However, I hope fans are realising that pace alone does not make a top player, and they are appreciate that Parker's defence, courage and teamwork makes him the first centre picked in our top team.
No his speed is the least impressive part of his arsenal.

That hit on Gutherson was excellent, he did everything right and needed someone else to help, it was the last tackle and he snuffed it out I think it was Moses playing the ball so everyone should have known it was only Brown and Gutherson who were threats. Koula did really well there, Guthersons a pretty handy player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6