Right side ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really? I thought he was ordinary and he made at least two critical errors: 1. when he let Gutho free from a tackle, who scored, and 2. when we was part of an attacking raid and he threw the ball not to his outside man but over the sideline.
I may be too critical.
However, I hope fans are realising that pace alone does not make a top player, and they are appreciate that Parker's defence, courage and teamwork makes him the first centre picked in our top team.
I'm a big fan of Parks but to be fair, they were both a bit scratchy last night. I think Parks had a bit too much attention on him for his liking and he might have been feeling it a bit (a couple of dropped balls etc). Still did some good things tho. And Koula still very young. They'll both bounce back.

I'm a big fan of Parks but to be fair, they were both a bit scratchy last night. I think Parks had a bit too much attention on him for his liking and he might have been feeling it a bit (a couple of dropped balls etc). Still did some good things tho. And Koula still very young. They'll both bounce back.
Both players could swap sides. Parkers defence would be invaluable on the right. Koula would get more attacking opportunities on the left.

A big ask in many respects for Weekes to automatically adjust to wing play but just would primarily or expect to have a higher or much higher percentage result under the high ball . Can be obviously momentum changes and putting a side under so much more unavoidable pressure with regular dropped bombs . Thing with Weekes , he can obviously attack from anywhere on the field , should be much more safer under the high ball , defence positioning the big adjustment but he is a really good natural footy player , getting or gradually some more helpful experience now so not out of the question that he could manage it . Maybe just back to the adage of having one 's best 13 on the field to get the job done , Weekes is a better player overall then the alternatives , Tui or Vagea .Would be a bit of a bold move but then every chance a better option then having more spilled bombs from Tui and some shaky defensive reads causing real problems .
It is something that needs to be sorted coz as someone posted earlier, I can see Johnston having a field day next week.

We are a work in progress, especially defensively. When I think about how we were playing in the second half of last year compared to our first couple of games this year, we are moving in the right direction.
They are playing with determination and you can see they are all supporting each other.
Get some more games under our belt to work on match fitness and combinations and I'm quietly confident this will be a good year.

Vega is the best option at the moment tuipolotu is a centre not a winger. Two of his misses last night were after he was cramping badly though and made big plays in D that didn't pay off. Game was never in question against last year's grand finalists who went down only to Melbourne and the Sharks so everyone just chill.
Don't agree that Vega is our best option. Whilst Tui isn't quite up to standard at the moment I think Vega is not up to NRL standard. He's too slow unfortunately. Tries hard but not as good as Tui IMO.

After I watched the game again, for me the problem on those one on one misses is a 2nd or 3rd player did not automatically come in to help the tackler and slow the ball down.

This is what Penrith and Storm do so well.

When Koula had Gutho there was plenty of time for a 2nd or 3rd man in. Unfortunately it's going to take a while to get rid of Des's bad coaching in D.

But we will do it!!

Both players could swap sides. Parkers defence would be invaluable on the right. Koula would get more attacking opportunities on the left.
I don't know just how much importance there really is on whether a centre feels they are a left side or right side. I guess it depends on the player. So maybe a swap would work. Then again, I'm wondering if they bank on Parks being more of that decoy runner with Shu and Tom and whether that would work as well with Koula. But then, I was a fullback so I have no idea.

Really? I thought he was ordinary and he made at least two critical errors: 1. when he let Gutho free from a tackle, who scored, and 2. when we was part of an attacking raid and he threw the ball not to his outside man but over the sideline.
I may be too critical.
However, I hope fans are realising that pace alone does not make a top player, and they are appreciate that Parker's defence, courage and teamwork makes him the first centre picked in our top team.
Disagree, I though Koula was good.

Went looking for work, made 162metres , 3 tackles busts and a line break.

Gutho issue I dont put on him, where was the support.

The pass, meh a nad pass, players make mistakes and I certainly dont want you players going into their shell.

The pass, meh a nad pass, players make mistakes and I certainly dont want you players going into their shell.
I would add Gutho's 1st try to Koula's misdemeanors coz he really should have taken him. But I'm not too concerned, he'll be fine. Altho, next week will be another big test for him.

One thing that stood out for me particularly towards the end of the game was our inability to stop the offloads up the middle even when there were a couple of tacklers involved.

As for Parker. Who was there to score that amazing try after DCE'S amazing 40/20 attempt when Garrick couldn't quite capitalise? Yes our slowest guy on the field lol. That is saying something. He never gives up on anything and if he wasn't there once again we wouldn't have won. That was the turning point of the game for mine!

One thing that stood out for me particularly towards the end of the game was our inability to stop the offloads up the middle even when there were a couple of tacklers involved.
Wouldn't read too much into that, that's the way they play and they upped the offloads because they were chasing the game, some of it was Hail Mary stuff.
Their penchant for offloading set up our winning try.

Wouldn't read too much into that, that's the way they play and they upped the offloads because they were chasing the game, some of it was Hail Mary stuff.
Their penchant for offloading set up our winning try.
Manly, to use a cross sporting metaphor punched themselves out last night. Going in they knew they were fresh after a bye but weren't going to be match fit and used to playing sore like the Eels after two tough games.

I was worried after they hadn't converted going down the left three or four times and they hit so well in defence they threw their ACE which was freshness against Parramattas which was fitness.

If Manly had kicked on with a couple more points it would have been allover but Parra held on and got to half time. Moses's kick was such a big play but so was how tired he must have been to miss that second conversion.

And parra were tired, not cardiovascular ly but BASHED AND BRUISED because Manly couldn't have out fitnessed them that way, they are a game behind because of the bye.

When the half time break came I think it was great for Manly. They will be much fitter next week and if they can keep that same intensity the season looks good.

Also I think Tuilagi might be missing a few weeks so one more worker defender rather than the six missiles that were out there last night might not be a bad option to start with.

Exactly. Cant just look at an error he made throwing the ball out. Parker also made a few errors too....

Agree, we need to try someone else until Saab is back. Huge liability.

I also think Tuilagi is a bit of a lazy defender. For me, I’d love to see Lawton starting on the left edge. He looked good there a couple of years ago. That also allows Weekes to stay at 14
Tuilagi a lazy defender? Did you see some of the hits he put on last night? The one on Moses? Lazy Lolol

This place is confusing! When we’re losing many here bitch about this player or that player……when we win many here are now bitching about this player or that player! Wtf!

When Garrick and Turbo score trys against other teams "right side" .. it's because the Shu and they are brilliant ...

When other teams score trys exactly the same way against us .... its because our winger is shyte ...

I'm prepared to bet London to a Gutho hair bun .... that in the 2 games tonight ... at least 5 or 6 trys are scored against the "right sides"

And every other game this year .... for every team ...

And the notion that Saab would be better .... ludicrous ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4