Rift between Manly owners Scott Penn and Max Delmege may end in buy-out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You mean wording your question in a way that a red neck from Quakers Hill was unable to do?

Go ask your redneck brother, where is my All Black?

clontaago link said:
You mean wording your question in a way that a red neck from Quakers Hill was unable to do?

Get off the crack champ, MB had know problem working it out. You simply have no idea.

byso link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=179157.msg207162#msg207162 date=1234778128]

Get off the crack champ, MB had know problem working it out. You simply have no idea.
[/quote]

"know" problem. GOLD from the redneck. Back to Quakers Hill TAFE mate.

Ouch. I'm cut.

Still doesn't explain how Penn gets 42% for half of what Delmege paid for 38%.

Figures have been thrown around with little accuracy! As Byso says on another thread, somewhere it reads 42% equal shareholders. We don't know what was given in terms of buying into a partnership (like Penn) or sponsoring Manly (Delmege) or loaning money to the club. Both parties have put significant funds into the club - I can hardly see Penn poublicly demanding Delmege pay up unless he has the 'higher moral ground'.

The facts:

Two days before this started Max publicly supported Mayer.
Two days later Max and one of his votes joined with Phillip Deans, Kerry Sibraa and the Leagues Club rep to 'shaft' Mayer 5-2.
The Penn family voted for Mayer to be retained.
It was leaked, a day before (some seem to have known for longer) that Mayer was gonski.
Scott Penn afterwards publicly supported Mayer in the media, and demanded Max Delmege pay what was owed.
Max paid money today, that was owing. (He claims it was an oversight.)
Max has called for Penn to step down as Chair, to be replaced by an independent.

One other fact is that the joint proposal for redevelopment of the Leagues Club sight has fallen through.
Another one is that there was a subversive letter circulated prior to the MWDRLFC just prior to the AGM suggesting that Max and the Penns were out to do something subversive. It was incorrect and misleading. It was reported that the vote for the board reps at the AGM was stacked.

Byso - I don't know what to make of this. I can't see that I have taken sides, but to ask questions of what I have heard on the radio, read in the papers and read on this site and MWSE forums.

I don't think it is simple as taking sides out of habit. I do think you are taking a simplistic view, but you may well know something that I don't. That you think that some of us (me included) have taken Penn's side of things, shows you are not reading very carefully. My question is do you think that Max is totally squeaky clean? I wish someone would come clean with the real reason why five of our directors want Mayer gone, when two of them wish him to remain, especially after two years of success, the securing of a new multimillion dollar sponsorship and the fact that he seems to be dragging the club into the 21st Century?

hrmm i just  have it from good authority from a person who dealt with max in the banks that he was always late with his debts and he isnt as clean cut as everyone here suggests.

That saying i still love the guy :)

deadlyeagle link said:
hrmm i just  have it from good authority from a person who dealt with max in the banks that he was always late with his debts and he isnt as clean cut as everyone here suggests.

Who has suggested he is clean cut?  And that's before we start on the antics of his progeny. 

byso link said:
Ouch. I'm cut.

Still doesn't explain how Penn gets 42% for half of what Delmege paid for 38%.
byso byso byso
your a fool of the highest order

Matabele link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=179157.msg207191#msg207191 date=1234791294]

Who has suggested he is clean cut?  And that's before we start on the antics of his progeny. 
[/quote]

Well Most people that are fans of manly treat him like this agelic figure that would never do anything wrong because he saved manly, therefore there are many more supporters of Max than there are of Penn. Reading most posts it seems that majority of people are on Max's "side".

All im really saying is that im not too surprised that Max was late with his cheque and Penn probably knows Max's Past and that is why he was forcing the issue of paying the "slight" oversight of $300k or so.

Obviously there are differences between the Penns and Delmeges. That is now clear.

What I still can't fathom is why Penn has sided with the CEO and the Football Club board members and the Leagues Club board member have sided with Max?

Canteen Worker link said:
Obviously there are differences between the Penns and Delmeges. That is now clear.

What I still can't fathom is why Penn has sided with the CEO and the Football Club board members and the Leagues Club board member have sided with Max?
Who would you side with if we're talking about performance?

Max of course you dickhead.  Who stood up when heavy lifting was needed?  If Max hadn't we wouldn't be having this conversation, full stop. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8