RFL - 5 Greatest Players of All Time??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
OK, I get this list is from the RFL so its going to be English centric. I get that. But the RFL in celebrating 125 years have put out this list of who they think are the greatest players of all time. Not just RFL players, but rugby league players all over the world.

I'm still shaking my head, I really am.....

Here is the list. And try to remember that this is actually 100% serious. Its not supposed to be the joke that it really is.

Ellery Hanley
Clive Sullivan
Brian Bevan
Wally Lewis

And can you believe ... Kevin Sinfield.

Yep, that's right. Kevin Sinfield made an RFL 125 year celebration list as one of the greatest rugby league players of all time.

For him to even be thought of to make this list, the RFL's 125 "Super Fans" who put forward their nominations (because it wasn't a panel of experts ... it was fans) must have included 124 Leeds supporters.

Seriously, whenever I saw Sinfield play for either Leeds, England or Great Britain, despite the likes of Eddie Hemmings and Mike Stephenson gushing over just about every little thing he did, I found myself thinking that if he was typical of the best they had to offer, is it any wonder the Poms haven't been able to beat Australia in a series or tournament since the 1972 World Cup?

Last edited:
OK, I get this list is from the RFL so its going to be English centric. I get that. But the RFL in celebrating 125 years have put out this list of who they think are the greatest players of all time. Not just RFL players, but rugby league players all over the world.

I'm still shaking my head, I really am.....

Here is the list. And try to remember that this is actually 100% serious. Its not supposed to be the joke that it really is.

Ellery Hanley
Clive Sullivan
Brian Bevan
Wally Lewis

And can you believe ... Kevin Sinfield.

Yep, that's right. Kevin Sinfield made an RFL 125 year celebration list as one of the greatest rugby league players of all time.

For him to even be thought of to make this list, the RFL's 125 "Super Fans" who put forward their nominations (because it wasn't a panel of experts ... it was fans) must have included 124 Leeds supporters.

Seriously, whenever I saw Sinfield play for either Leeds, England or Great Britain, despite the likes of Eddie Hemmings and Mike Stephenson gushing over just about every little thing he did, I found myself thinking that if he was typical of the best they had to offer, is it any wonder the Poms haven't been able to beat Australia in a series or tournament since the 1972 World Cup?

#undertheradar

Poms better than sinfield: Reilly, sam Burgess, the Canberra hooker, Phil Lowe, Adrian Morley ...

In all seriousness ... I wouldn't have any of those 5 as my top players ever.

But Sinfield being on that list is surely taking the piss.

Is it any wonder why most outside the Super League think that the RFL is a joke?

Isn't Sinfield the bloke Willie mason sat on his a*se in a test match?

Think that might have been that Pommie prop at the time Stewart Fielder
The poms won that test.

it used to amuse me when the pommy commentators kept insisting that fielden was the best prop in the world, and senior was the best centre in the world.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8