Review of tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is my short reflection of tonight:

That was one of the worst performances I have seen in a long while at Brookvale oval... I left with 25 minutes to go ( I have never done that in all my 25 years of following this club)

That was our worst loss at Brookvale oval in 8 years when we have to go back to Round 15 2007 June 27 when the Bulldogs beat us 27-8!!

I thought coming into tonight that at least we would be up for the fight and compete how wrong was I. You would of thought that being our season on the line that they would be fighting for everything tonight for the most part just very poor in attitude.

There was no hunger or want to defend our line... The manly of the past would never of allowed some of those errors tonight on our line. Simple one on one tackle misses were atrocious tonight, even snake had a shocker tonight.

Hiku had one of his worse games I have seen in his time with us so as well Jayden Hodges or should I say Justin Hodges as he was announced tonight.

No pride in that jumper tonight by a lot of our players. The only 2 who I will say actually performed were Tom S and Jake T. Snake was solid in parts tonight but poor for his standards overall I thought.

Going to very hard to avoid the spoon this year we only hope that west tigers or parra keep having poor form.

That was not the manly I know. To the other supporters ( there was not 7000 there tonight please give me a break probably 4500 at best) who braved the cold and joined me tonight at game you should all be commended:):).

Never felt this flat leaving Brookvale oval in a long while.The season end can't come quick enough for us.

Going to be a long 7 weeks , I hope missing the 8 this year fires up a few of our players we need it , take a month off after this disaster of a season ends, new coach in Barrett appointed and a proper off season with proper fitness and conditioning is in order.

Thought Jake as usual stood out in an otherwise frustrating game - Keep in mind, Cows will demolish plenty of teams by more than that by seasons end - but with Manly fighting for a finals birth - simply not good enough in 2015

To the other supporters ( there was not 7000 there tonight please give me a break probably 4500 at best) who braved the cold and joined me tonight at game you should all be commended:):).

Thanks @davohan123 and commendations to you too @:)
Agree we were dreadful tonight. Its a wonder the margin wasn't bigger. Disgusted with several players and quite annoying watching them, especially in the cold wet weather.
Exception is Jake T who consistently gives 100% every game and deserves our Player of the Year award.

Yeah I agree that it was up there with our worst performance this year, we met a solid team and we were punished for our mistakes, just like we used to deal with teams.

Monday night football is no fun for fans, great if you are at home with Foxtel but for the folks who want to go the game its far from ideal.

I thought the crowd was no more than 6K tonight. The NRL dont seem to care about this as they persist with Monday nights as long as Foxtel get their games. Sad that a few teams seem to be immune from hosting Monday night games, oh well it is an even playing field isnt it?

Here are the RLW ratings....

Stewart - 6
Taufua - 6
Lyon - 6
Matai - 6
Hiku - 7
Foran - 6
Cherry-Evans - 5
Trbojevic - 6
Ballin - 5
Mason - 6
Mateo - 6
Symonds - 6
Sao - 5
Burgess - 7
Starling - 5
Horo - 6
Hodges - 5

Hiku and Burgess rated our best at 7 each? WTF was the RLW 'reporter' smoking???????????

Greg Alexander Fox Sports

The Sea Eagles back line is up there with the best in the competition When you don’t have even one forward who can make 100 plus metres a game on a consistent basis it makes it very hard for the Manly backs to work their magic.

Cowboys played well, their strong forward pack kept the pressure on us in attack and defence. Under pressure Manly made far too many errors. Many individuals made errors but not much point in blaming individuals, it was the team overall that couldn't withstand what the Cows threw at us.
Disappointing, to say the least. Manly tried hard and to keep it from being a major blow out was some consolation. The Cowboys are capable of racking up 40 or 50 in that situation.

Greg Alexander Fox Sports

The Sea Eagles back line is up there with the best in the competition When you don’t have even one forward who can make 100 plus metres a game on a consistent basis it makes it very hard for the Manly backs to work their magic.

Yep, I remember him saying that. And I have to agree.

I was in the stands for the first half and on the hill for the second half, and while I agree that Manly played poorly, there were times when we were matching them blow for blow up the middle. There was a period in the first half and another in the second half when we were swapping sets and making good metres with the forwards, both of the periods came to an end in the same way: three quick penalties to NQ and the inevitable try. Maybe those were genuine penalties, but I just got the feeling that the refs were thinking "time for NQ to score, better award some penalties".
I don't think I remember seeing Manly win a penalty count this season. Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea to update the scoreboard at Brookie to show the penalty count as well as the other info ? At least this would then put more focus on the referees to keep it a bit fairer ?

Matai hasnt made a line break in years and unfortunately killer is too slow, getting pushed off in tackles.
We are so unfit and u only have to look at don singe to see that. All overweight

I wasn't expecting a win but hoping for one. We need to get realistic, last week we beat a reserve grade tits team. Our season was derailed by the DCE and the Foran sagas and we have never recovered.

I was on the Hill but stayed till the end, primarily in the hope that I could let Hiku know where to find Willow, his coach for next week.
I'd give 2V a fail for his team selection. Tom Turbo and BJ should have been in that squad. We still would have lost, but we'd have had a much better chance of scoring points.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6