Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'I just needed change': why Garrick had to quit the Dragons
By Adam Pengilly - SMH
August 12, 2019

He now lives in the north, but has heard the cries from the south. They're coming from Dragons fans. They reckon Paul McGregor has spun through so many wingers this year he might as well have been operating a Lazy Susan.

And then there's a kid from Gerringong who couldn't crack it at the Red V and is now a Des Hasler diamond.

Reuben Garrick doesn't hold many grudges, and definitely not against the Dragons. He needed opportunity and needed change. He thought he wasn't going to get that at the only club he had known, which only offered him a small contract for 2019.

He left it on the table and left for Manly. St George Illawarra fans are moaning about the one that got away, a buy-of-the-year contender even the most ardent rugby league fans would have struggled to recognise at the start of the season.

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...-had-to-quit-the-dragons-20190812-p52gcu.html
Nice article about Garrick. Way down the pecking order at the Dragons and unlikely to get a game. Decides to make a fresh start and moves to Manly as an unknown. And he's killed it so far. Getting better and better each week and has become an established first grader. I had no idea who he was at the start of the season but I do now. He has a bright future ahead of himself!

Nice article about Garrick. Way down the pecking order at the Dragons and unlikely to get a game. Decides to make a fresh start and moves to Manly as an unknown. And he's killed it so far. Getting better and better each week and has become an established first grader. I had no idea who he was at the start of the season but I do now. He has a bright future ahead of himself!
I believe there are plenty of Reuben Garrick type players out there that never get the opportunity. Testament to Reubs for taking the gamble on Manly and putting the work in. This guy still has a lot of growth in him as a player and I think he will only get better.

Garrick is the most improved player in our side. He’s my fav manly player this year. Bright future for sure.

Garrick is the most improved player in our side. He’s my fav manly player this year. Bright future for sure.

I would say Brad Parker would be most improved. Garrick would be buy of the season. Unless you watched him all last year hard to say if he has improved or not. Definitely buy of the year though

Last edited:
Recent photos indicate Reuben may have had the scar above his left lip removed - good for him - I am sure he will attract plenty of modelling work (if he hasn't already)

Edit: actually, scar still exists
Reuben.JPG

Last edited:
Is Des going to persist?

Garrick was better in D today.
But

He has an uncanny knack of running into defenders, not gaps?

Might be better to put Hoppa jnr in at fullback and Garrick back to wing.

We need someone who can attack and pass at fullback

Garrick poses no threat. He won’t run hard and straight and is very slow and I haven’t seen him go close toputting his outside men away.

Credit to him, he is however very safe, but that’s not gonna help us out if this hole. We need a real threat with Tom and walker out as our attack is non existent

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4