Return of the Bears?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178825.msg201807#msg201807 date=1224719870]
Nuh, doubtful. Now that Manly has won a comp, and they know the winning feeling, why would you go back to the Teddies!!??

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178825.msg201805#msg201805 date=1224719646]
I reckon the likes of Ryan and Co may go running back to them Wears ;D
F**k off mate
little ryan is one of us without doubt
[/quote]

It is great that the footy season now actually lasts another month longer than it used to.  And to actually win a grand final - wow.

I can't go back now becase I now own a part of brookie oval via a paver in the brookie walk.

Besides Norths will never come back into the NRL as the central coast have always wanted their own team not one affiliated with norths or Manly or any other existing NRL side.
[/quote]

Can you read mate or what ? lol

Ryan is a Manly supporter through and through now. He wont go back...I hope he has tasted what it is like to support a successful team now

The Bears are crap and always will be crap.  Florimo is like the black Knight in a Monty Python movie.  Someone should tell him the caravan moved on long ago.

I say get them back ASAP

In a time when everyone finds all the negative things they can in league, it would be great to see a traditional, tough local derby back up and running again

If the Central Coast really want to grab the mantle of perpetual losers that everyone feels sorry for, they are welcome to choose the Bears - but what about poor Glebe?  Like the Sharks, Glebe NEVER won the premiership and gifted the Bears their first of two in 1922.  It is said that in 1929, in controversial circumstances, Souths and Balmain made a deal to expel Glebe from the competition - winning the expulsion vote by the narrowest of margins (13-12).  Souths and Balmain devoured Glebe's corpse, sharing the territory freed up, and sowing the seeds of their own future success.  

Here's Central Coast's chance to right the wrong done in 1929!

You're right of course  CW, Glebe were the "Dirty Reds" (maroon).  They were the first rugby league team in Australia and effectively started the game here.  Their first club patron was Billy Hughes, future prime minister.  Despite bagging them, in their 22 seasons they were actually a very competitive side, generally in the upper part of the comp, and only just missed out in several years.  Only unfortunate timing with rule changes around finals, etc stopped them winning the premiership.  In the maroon tradition, they never came last.  In maroon tradition it seems they were also hated by the likes of Souths and Balmain.  Seems Manly-Warringah took up the maroon cause 17 years after the Rabbitohs and Tigers (and their co-conspirators) hatched their evil conspiracy. 

I can see the pig emblem now - The Gosford Glebe Trotters. :)

This bear and this rabbit were talking. The bear asked the rabbit, \"Do you have trouble with poop sticking to your fur?\"
The rabbit said, \"No.\"
So the bear picked up the rabbit and used it to wipe his butt.

The Bear and Rabbit
Mr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit didn't like each other very much and one day, whilst they were walking through the woods they came across a golden frog. The frog turned to them and said: \"Ooh, I don't often meet anyone in these parts.\" They were amazed that the frog had talked to them.

The golden frog admitted: \"Mind you, when I do meet someone I always give them six wishes. You can have three wishes each in this case.

Mr. Bear immediately wished that all the other bears in the forest were females. The frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit, after thinking for a while, wished for a crash helmet. One appeared immediately, and he placed it on his head.

Mr. Bear was amazed at Mr. Rabbit's wish, but carried on with his second wish. He wished that all the bears in the neighboring forests were females as well, and the frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. It appeared before him, and he climbed on board and started revving the engine.

Mr. Bear could not believe it and complained that Mr. Rabbit had wasted two wishes that he could have had for himself. Shaking his head, Mr. Bear made his final wish, that all the other bears in the world were females as well, leaving him as the only male bear in the world.

The frog replied that it had been done, and they both turned to Mr. Rabbit for his last wish.

Mr. Rabbit revved the engine, thought for a second, then said: \"I wish that Mr. Bear was gay!\" and rode off as fast as he could!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
This bear and this rabbit were talking. The bear asked the rabbit, \"Do you have trouble with poop sticking to your fur?\"
The rabbit said, \"No.\"
So the bear picked up the rabbit and used it to wipe his butt.

The Bear and Rabbit
Mr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit didn't like each other very much and one day, whilst they were walking through the woods they came across a golden frog. The frog turned to them and said: \"Ooh, I don't often meet anyone in these parts.\" They were amazed that the frog had talked to them.

The golden frog admitted: \"Mind you, when I do meet someone I always give them six wishes. You can have three wishes each in this case.

Mr. Bear immediately wished that all the other bears in the forest were females. The frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit, after thinking for a while, wished for a crash helmet. One appeared immediately, and he placed it on his head.

Mr. Bear was amazed at Mr. Rabbit's wish, but carried on with his second wish. He wished that all the bears in the neighboring forests were females as well, and the frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. It appeared before him, and he climbed on board and started revving the engine.

Mr. Bear could not believe it and complained that Mr. Rabbit had wasted two wishes that he could have had for himself. Shaking his head, Mr. Bear made his final wish, that all the other bears in the world were females as well, leaving him as the only male bear in the world.

The frog replied that it had been done, and they both turned to Mr. Rabbit for his last wish.

Mr. Rabbit revved the engine, thought for a second, then said: \"I wish that Mr. Bear was gay!\" and rode off as fast as he could!

Gold B_e lol

The Central Coast Bears? Pffft....Just fukcing die with dignity for Christs sakes !

We buried them once. At least if they DO come back, I can support the team that will get to bury them over, and over, and over again...LOL

I actually can't believe anyone would suggest I'd support that team. The only positive thing they will have going for them is that the red in their jersey will match the color of their inbred necks.

Out !

You're a champ, Ryan.  In retrospect, the only thing more painful for you than losing the Bears would have been keeping them.

And love those bedtime stories BE.

Ryan link said:
The Central Coast Bears? Pffft....Just fukcing die with dignity for Christs sakes !

We buried them once. At least if they DO come back, I can support the team that will get to bury them over, and over, and over again...LOL

I actually can't believe anyone would suggest I'd support that team. The only positive thing they will have going for them is that the red in their jersey will match the color of their inbred necks.

Out !

Ryan I wasn't suggesting you would run back and support the Bears again. If your referring to me all I said was you may.

Personally I think it's great your staying with the Eagles mate.

Ryan link said:

Out !
oi we wouldnt let u go back mate
your one of us and have been for a while as far as im concerned.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4