Retention committee

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
According to the papers the Manly retention committee will meet tomorrow morning to "discuss recruitment strategy for after the anti-tampering period".

Surely that can't be right? 3 days after the deadline and we finally get together to work out what we're gonna do?

If that's the case it should be renamed the "anal retention committee".

You can't tell me your surprised Matabele. Ineptitude seems to grace this club both on and off the park as a regular occurance.
Hopefully the new CEO has some balls, and a willingness to get things done.

We have spoken of the professionalism of the current administration. They are reactive rather than proactive.

as if they would not have met ages ago, as reported they had put out eoi to players like Pritchard and Creagh months or weeks ago.

My guess is they mean "another meeting".

Name names. Who is responsible for signing the crap that takes the field week after week. It breaks my heart to see players like BK, Burns, and half a dozen others carry the team each week.

Hey Cleal has bought Matai, Alberts, Kane Cleal, Witt etc. Canteens VERY supportive of how these players are going. I also don't consider Burns to be the next BIG thing either.

:lol: :lol: Ryan on about Crusher again.

Mate our junior sides have improved in leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. Any superstars coming through? Im not sure but it takes time, something which I dont think you have any concept of. Some of crushers Parra finds are just starting to come into grade at the Eels now.

Did anyone see Offerdahl in PL whilst on this? I missed that game.

I am yet to see ONE player make an impact in the most imprtant grade, 1st grade. Yes, Lyon could change that, but I'd say we are VERY short of getting his signature.

Garts - Wheel contacted the club with some outstanding young player names, and they didn't even get a call back out of respect from the club. These players are now tied to The Roosters through Beetson, so you can't question my concern about our ability to uncover quality youth.

According to the papers the Manly retention committee will meet tomorrow morning to \"discuss recruitment strategy for after the anti-tampering period\".

Surely that can't be right? 3 days after the deadline and we finally get together to work out what we're gonna do?

If that's the case it should be renamed the \"anal retention committee\".

This is a bit harsh, id say its our management just sprouting of some newspaper speak strandard answer to annoying journos.

I dont think our recruitment of elite players can be gioven too much stick over the last 24 months, while we are not winning premierships, prior to BKs/Orford/Bell etc we where competeing for a little wooden prize withy the Rabbits.

There would be no doubt meetings re retention would have taken place ages ago, otherwise how could have smaret decisions not to give Willow/Steppa and Co new offers be made!

Its just ridiculous to suggest that club m/ment is only just now meeting to discuss recruitment. I dont know how anyone could suggest that without feeling embarrassed at its unbelievability.

This thread is no more than an indication of the lengths some people go to to provide a whinging outlet for themselves after a disappointing loss.

boys stop pushing ure agendas

its pretty obvious they would have met before i would safely say they would be reviewing the situtation now some players they would have approached are now off the market

but dont let the facts get in the way of a good club bashing will u.

as usual when we are winning you dont hear Boo From Ryan & Mata but as soon as we have a few Losses , They are off Posting there Little Hearts out , If you Honestly Believe that the Retention commitee is meeting for the first time Tomorrow you are Either Incredible Naive or Incredibly Stupid

as usual when we are winning you dont hear Boo From Ryan & Mata but as soon as we have a few Losses , They are off Posting there Little Hearts out , If you Honestly Believe that the Retention commitee is meeting for the first time Tomorrow you are Either Incredible Naive or Incredibly Stupid

Stevie, I know you struggle with comprehension (and possibly maths), but I post at all times (as does Mata). How else would you come up with your usual bleat that I am so up and down throughout a season? Debate the issue, not the man...

[quote author=Stevie]

Stevie, I know you struggle with comprehension (and possibly maths), but I post at all times (as does Mata). How else would you come up with your usual bleat that I am so up and down throughout a season? Debate the issue, not the man...
[/quote]

but you do post alot more after a loss as we know you love to whinge, no shock :D

Actually - time permitting, I get on when I can. If our team loses more than it wins which it has done in the past 12 months, inevitably I will be on more when we lose. Doesn't this make sense?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4