[Resurrected] Results Based Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't believe that they want to destroy it, they just don't transfer commercial savvy to a community based business well.

The real estate deals seem to be the bottom line.
They have not presented a Business Plan, so who knows what the 5 year plan is
HM I struggle to believe they kicked in millions in the hope of some Real estate deal. The Leagues Club deal happened because the Leagues Club was at risk of going under from the mountain of debt. I'm not sure how much they made out of that deal, but to buy into the club has cost them over $6 million ($2 million the first time & then another $4+ million I think when they bought out Qantum). Add to that the millions thrown in to prop the club up over the past decade and they must be into this for more than $10 million, for what? the chance of a real estate deal on the Leagues Club. I just don't buy it.

I had three lengthy discussions with Scott Penn whilst on the 2009 WCC tour. He struck me as one of the most passionate Sea Eagles fans I had ever met, that's probably why I trust they are making the tough decisions in the best interest of the club.

HM I struggle to believe they kicked in millions in the hope of some Real estate deal. The Leagues Club deal happened because the Leagues Club was at risk of going under from the mountain of debt. I'm not sure how much they made out of that deal, but to buy into the club has cost them over $6 million ($2 million the first time & then another $4+ million I think when they bought out Qantum). Add to that the millions thrown in to prop the club up over the past decade and they must be into this for more than $10 million, for what? the chance of a real estate deal on the Leagues Club. I just don't buy it.

I had three lengthy discussions with Scott Penn whilst on the 2009 WCC tour. He struck me as one of the most passionate Sea Eagles fans I had ever met, that's probably why I trust they are making the tough decisions in the best interest of the club.

The LC were having their 10 million loan being recalled by the Bank, so the bailout by another Creditor was not speculative. It was in the Manly Daily often.

I just read the local paper in which the LC land is now a 120 million DA by the Chinese Consortium the land was sold on to.
The Multi story, multi use redevelopment of Brookvale Precinct is also basically a real estate deal.
Yes the improved seating will help any Team playing there, but the shops, offices and residential units will help the Developer.

As the MSE is a private Company, we don't know who put in what, just what the NRL gives to each Franchise in Player Fees and Footy Club Ops costs.

Like I noted yesterday, the costs that exceed the NRL grants are also discretionary and not on public record. So Z claiming running losses is a meaningless, as are the figures that you quoted - nothing is a matter of public record.

Penns would not be savvy business people if they took on a Footy Club solely for the pleasure of it .
My noting of the real estate angle is not a criticism, more an demonstration of why Business People get involved in seemingly bottomless pit pass times like Sports/Horse Racing etc.

I think the USA has perfected the on selling of Franchises in their National Sports, so the MSE is a potential gold mine - along with any of the other 15.

Would love to know a little more about your conversations Ralphie 'cause I can never see a person behind the stubble that doesn't really suit him. Was he a fan as a kid? Did he go to every game? Did he have favourite players? A favourite era?
I really think this is where the Penns could get some real cred with fans - a shared experience if you like .... But we really have nothing to hang our beliefs on.

Hasler cannot return, burnt his bridges on the way out.

Kinda Fluffy. I'd say he strapped about 1000kg of TNT to his bridge and blew the crap out of it.
But I don't think he'll ever be out of work.

What they have now is YES men that they pay to tell everyone they are great.
At the end of the day the PENNS have been the common denominator in the disfunction at board level and management and that has manifested now as they are in control.
The topic of why Barrett is simple . He will be there YES man because that's what they want and if not, your out!! no matter how good you are.
The only time Trent will get the controls.
MKL8V2eOAPJmXKXIvdTMPzW9rnBViqDzn7RIA2EimHbiQ8qaDYrfB4tBzo60Te5NHHeHKEO38_HD7p4xCRkgrNVKOb_psd1fbjcfGKst-EVU49b02ggQC55oU8_qelnPVQ=w400-h233-nc

If we are moving Toovey on because it is a "results based decision", Then why in god's name are we hiring the king of mediocre. Mr 50% win percentage Trent Barrett for 3 years????

He coached Penrith reigning premiers NYC team in 2014 He took over from David Garth who had a 70% win ratio after they won the 2013 NYC season. Barrett took over and settled them nicely into mediocrity at 24 games for 12 wins 50% win ratio.

In 2012 he took over as country coach and guess what in 4 games he has won 2 for yes you guessed it 50%

Played 11 origin games and won only 4

Played his career club 235 games for 117 wins his winning percentage was you guessed it 49.8% he has actually lost more club games than he won.

in comparison Toovey has until before this year his coaching was at around 63% and even after this dismal season he is still at 58%.

Tooveys playing career club winning percentage even after the Northern Eagles years is still at 58%

Results based pffft

Also Barrett has never won a Grand Final as a player or a clive churchill medal. He did somehow manage to jag a Dally M in 2000 but with his undeserved media love affair with him im not suprised.

Cant wait!

Wow reading this thread, I should be nostradamus

Moz you were on the money

Yeah....I wish things had worked out differently, but it is what it is. It just made so much sense to me back then that we'd go in that direction.

It was probably a bit more obvious to me though because I know Anthony, and I knew the affect he has on rugby league players. He was always going to be an NRL coach. I just thought our club was smart enough to recognize that too.

On the other hand...my tipping this year is sh!thouse!!

I tipped us to make the 8. Wrong

I tipped the titans to come last. Wrong.

I tipped the dogs to come 2nd last. ??

If we don't beat the broncos next week...I reckon the cows will roll the titans....so I need the sharks to put a big score on the dogs.

Yes...but it's a spent cheque now.

Or is it?? All this talk about Seebs heading to the broncos. What if we could operate under the radar and get him back here instead? That would blow some minds...

LOL! Just kidding....
In days gone by Moz we'd be a chance.
Then again he wouldn't have been let go in the first place.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7