Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Seekers may not be your thing but they were the first Australian group to have success internationally.

The actually knocked the Beatles and the Stones off the top of the charts in both the UK and USA with “ Georgie Girl “.

I saw them live once on their 50th anniversary tour , sounded just like the did in their 20’s.

As Uk Eagle said,

ONJ gone at 73.

Her passing made the main nightly news here in Canada. Such an icon.

Former South African umpire Rudi Koertzen, labelled the ‘slow finger of death’ by the media, has died in a car accident, a family member told AFP on Tuesday.

He was 73.

“Rudi suffered fatal injuries after an accident near Stilbaai between Cape Town and Gqeberha,” said the family spokesperson, who requested anonymity.

FcJoKqlXEAEbr31

RIP.

Britain’s longest-serving monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, has died, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Her death was announced at 6.30pm London time (3.30am AEST), prompting a wave of public mourning and triggering the immediate ascension of Prince Charles as King.

God bless her and her service

Not a famous person but my Aunty Noelie gets laid to rest this afternoon. She was 90, a cracker of a person, generous, gregarious, caring beyond most others.
I feel very badly for my cousins in this time of covid. The funeral has taken two weeks to be scheduled, such is the delay. Worse though, she was already dying when her aged care place was invaded by covid. She tested positive a couple of days before she died and my poor cousins had to maintain their thirteen hour daily vigil, holding her hand, in full PPE.
They got the call to come quickly early in the morning but had to take a covid test before they could see her and she died while they were being tested.
Then the funeral people said that because she had covid, they wouldn't dress her for the coffin or apply makeup. So no open casket for immediate family. This despite the fact that her pacemaker had to be removed for cremation.
It'll be a huge funeral, so much was she loved by so many.
RIP Aunty Noelie

Not a famous person but my Aunty Noelie gets laid to rest this afternoon. She was 90, a cracker of a person, generous, gregarious, caring beyond most others.
I feel very badly for my cousins in this time of covid. The funeral has taken two weeks to be scheduled, such is the delay. Worse though, she was already dying when her aged care place was invaded by covid. She tested positive a couple of days before she died and my poor cousins had to maintain their thirteen hour daily vigil, holding her hand, in full PPE.
They got the call to come quickly early in the morning but had to take a covid test before they could see her and she died while they were being tested.
Then the funeral people said that because she had covid, they wouldn't dress her for the coffin or apply makeup. So no open casket for immediate family. This despite the fact that her pacemaker had to be removed for cremation.
RIP Aunty Noelie
You and your family have my condolences. Loss is difficult. My mother in law is 94 and I expect when her time comes it will rock the foundations of our large family.

RIP Aunty Noelie
Good morning Budgie , and Thank you for sharing the news about your Inspiring Aunty

Life it self is a stage and people with great quality traits like your lovely Aunty Noeline become famous in their own right amongst family , friends and all who have been touched by her grace and kindness

Enjoy today the celebration of your memorable Great and late Aunty Noilines life

May God rest her beautiful and loving soul in eternal peace x

Great for you to acknowledge your Aunt like this Budgie. I'm sure there'll be many tears but I'm also sure they'll be well balanced with some great laughs when the family and friends get to share their stories. Take it easy.

Angela Lansbury, the big-eyed, scene-stealing British actor who kicked up her heels in the Broadway musicals Mame and Gypsy and solved endless murders as crime novelist Jessica Fletcher in the long-running TV series Murder, She Wrote, has died. She was 96.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4