Response to our press conference . Excuses dont get results only solutions do.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolutely !!!
Nothing great can be build on excuses .
There are no winning foundations when you try and build a culture with excuses .
It is like building a house with straws and it will always fall apart in times of Adversity
Spot on. I'd have more respect for TB if he stopped trying to find excuses after losses and instead focused on finding results. There is enough talent in the core group to trouble many teams. It's up to TB to bring the best out of every player and get the whole team firing. He needs to take some responsibility on how the team is performing. Otherwise why the fuk is he coaching?

Any body language experts out there ?? Tuberculosis spent 90% of that presser stroking his chin and playing with his neck.

Baz ran the same plays when Cherry was OFF his game a few weeks ago only to find out we lost Saturday using the same plays when Cherry was ON his game.
In a pre game interview Baz said we have the best 3 attacking players in the club (Chez,Jake,Turbo) ......oh dear !..no wonder he thinks everyone else are forwards.

Clearly we don't need new players as much as we need a new coach.
Bring back Dessy...with the talent we have he would have us playing finals for sure.

PS : if Walkz played we would have won ......but that would only be masking Trents short comings as a coach

I'm on the edge of my seat during those press conferences worrying Baz will just agree with the questioner and, given I can't hear a word of what is being asked, great pearls of wisdom about the game will be lost to me forever.

Emile Berliner patented the microphone in 1877. You would think research and development costs would have been amortized over the last 141 years to the point where the mighty NRL could afford two of them.

Can someone define the difference between an 'excuse' and a 'reason'?
Surely the fact that we've had a horrendous injury toll is a valid reason why we are not as competitive as, say, Illawarra who up to this round had no injuries.
Surely the fact that we have lost three matches by one point, due to dubious refereeing, is a valid reason why we are a lot lower on the table than we deserve.
With buffed-up boy Bozo claiming "there are no excuses, only solutions" can you please give me the solution to the fact that we don't have the players of adequate ability to cover for seven of our best players being unavailable.
Twenty may or may not be a good coach. Based on wins/loses he is not. Based on comments from players he is. Only those closer than us to the inner sanctum will know.
Ultimately he will pay the price if we can't finish the season with a few wins. All I believe is that for the first 20-minutes against Melbourne we looked unstoppable. Do you credit that on the players, or the coach?
Likewise, when our team dropped its intensity over the next 60 minutes do you blame that on the players or the coach.
I believe that if we are to change coaches at the end of the season it has to be a radical change. We can't compete with most other clubs in facilities or financing so we need to be more creative.
That's why I have been advocating for Tooves to be reinstated as Director of Coaching and enlist the Walker Brothers as coaches. I believe that they 'could' revolutionise the way players think about the game, and that rather than worrying about losing we adopt the mentality of, simply, outscoring the opposition.

We can only become a better team when we focus and improve on what we can control
In the Storms first try Curtis Scott definitely throws a forward pass and we could not control the touch judges error but we can learn how to improve on our ball and all tackles so the ball runner does not get the ball away as Scott overcomes Kellys attempted tackle and gets the ball away for his winger to score
In the Storms second try Croft makes a darting run 10 metres out of the Manly goal line and goes through soft defence, first from an arm grabbing attempt by Kelly and then between lazy defence from Thompson and Tom Turbo to score a soft try .
We lead by only one try with a mountain of possession in the first half and we could not menage to score one point in the second half ?
We only lost by one point and if we did things better as individuals and as a team we would have won the game regardless of the refs errors
Game replay .....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/storm-break-eagles-hearts!688691

Sorry Bozo, I can't let you off the hook in giving Kelly a lashing for that first try. The player most at fault was the winger who made a horrible read and gave his opposite number a free pass to the tryline. The following video is pretty damning. Kelly had Scott covered and Scott was 10 metres away from the tryline. Our winger ****ed up deluxe and you didn't even give him a single mention.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/forward-pass-furore!688949

Also has it been mentioned that the try was scored off an illegitimate play because the Storm weren't capable (IE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH) of scoring the try legally in that situation?

Last edited:
Sorry Bozo, I can't let you off the hook in giving Kelly a lashing for that first try. The player most at fault was the winger who made a horrible read and gave his opposite number a free pass to the tryline. The following video is pretty damning. Kelly had Scott covered and Scott was 10 metres away from the tryline. Our winger ****ed up deluxe and you didn't even give him a single mention.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/forward-pass-furore!688949

Also has it been mentioned that the try was scored off an illegitimate play because the Storm weren't capable (IE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH) of scoring the try legally in that situation?
That's ok mate you are entitled to your view .
The vedio replay clearly shows Scott overcoming Kellys tackle attempt and gets the ball away to score .
If Kelly had successfully taken out Scott ball and all then Scott would not have been able to get a pass away and there would been no try .
If Kelly could defend as well as some on here defend him then he would be a superstar
EXCUSES DONT SAVE TRIES . GOOD DEFENCE DOES !!!

That's ok mate you are entitled to your view .
The vedio replay clearly shows Scott overcoming Kellys tackle attempt and gets the ball away to score .
If Kelly had successfully taken out Scott ball and all then Scott would not have been able to get a pass away and there would been no try .
If Kelly could defend as well as some on here defend him then he would be a superstar
EXCUSES DONT SAVE TRIES . GOOD DEFENCE DOES !!!
I get your theory Bozo, but your case in this scenario is flawed.
Kelly done enough to close Scott down to the point, the only possible pass he could get away would be an obvious forward pass....which it was.
Happy to join your chorus when Kelly has defended poorly like the Illawarra game 2017, but that situation came down to 2 obvious blunders -
* Wright coming in without reason.
* An NFL pass that should not have only been a scrum, but a Manly penalty.

I get your theory Bozo, but your case in this scenario is flawed.
Kelly done enough to close Scott down to the point, the only possible pass he could get away would be an obvious forward pass....which it was.
Happy to join your chorus when Kelly has defended poorly like the Illawarra game 2017, but that situation came down to 2 obvious blunders -
* Wright coming in without reason.
* An NFL pass that should not have only been a scrum, but a Manly penalty.
At the end of the day Scott got the pass away . We cant control the touch judges error but we can control our ball and all tackles
We will agree to disagree
If Kelly could defend they way you defend him , he would be another Matai
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

At the end of the day Scott got the pass away . We cant control the touch judges error but we can control our ball and all tackles
We will agree to disagree
If Kelly could defend they way you defend him , he would be another Matai
View attachment 8936
Unfair comparison - no centre in the history of the game pulls off shots like Matai....the only bloke close would have been Rambo Ronny Gibbs till he moved to the backrow....damn there's another bloke we could use!! Kelly will never be a sledgehammer in defence but for the most part tackles ok. Personally would like a bit more defensive sting across the park, but don't expect it off our smallest player....
The obvious bad defensive play was Wright coming in for no reason, though in his defence worked a decent angle to guarantee a 2 metre forward pass.
As for the touchies, they would pick that pass up 99 out of 100, just a case of a shocking call from a bloke who is probably holding the flag in the Narrabeen U12's game this weekend.

Unfair comparison - no centre in the history of the game pulls off shots like Matai....the only bloke close would have been Rambo Ronny Gibbs till he moved to the backrow....damn there's another bloke we could use!! Kelly will never be a sledgehammer in defence but for the most part tackles ok. Personally would like a bit more defensive sting across the park, but don't expect it off our smallest player....
The obvious bad defensive play was Wright coming in for no reason, though in his defence worked a decent angle to guarantee a 2 metre forward pass.
As for the touchies, they would pick that pass up 99 out of 100, just a case of a shocking call from a bloke who is probably holding the flag in the Narrabeen U12's game this weekend.
EXCUSES DONT STOP TRIES . AFFECTIVE TACKLES DO !!!

Good. Now try learning what an "e"ffective pass is. And why a winger shouldn't leave his post so that his opposite number can stroll in.
Correct . We have 2 culprits here . One that fails to make a ball and all tackle to stop the ball carrier from getting the ball away Kelly and the other who leaves his post , The one and only Matthew Wright

Correct . We have 2 culprits here . One that fails to make a ball and all tackle to stop the ball carrier from getting the ball away Kelly and the other who leaves his post , The one and only Matthew Wright

What do you prefer more? A ball and all tackle or a tackle that forces an error. Because if the ball is dropped or thrown forward by a carrier in a tackle then it is counted as a forced error.

Personally I prefer a forced error over a ball and all tackle as possession is turned over.

What do you prefer more? A ball and all tackle or a tackle that forces an error. Because if the ball is dropped or thrown forward by a carrier in a tackle then it is counted as a forced error.

Personally I prefer a forced error over a ball and all tackle as possession is turned over.
As I said in my original post . We cant control a refs errors but we can control our affective ball and all tackles that completely stop the ball carrier from getting the ball away to another player to score . Scott throws a forward pass which was missed and the winger scores.
What do I prefer ? I prefer affective ball and all tackles that denies ball carriers , touch judges and refs any chance of a try
That's what I prefer and that's what great defenders are made of .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8