Representative honours (& game day thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was a flat Roos side who didn't match the 'Die for Tonga' mentality of their opposition.>:)

Chez hardly got the ball and our forwards, apart from Haas in the first half, made no impact.:shake:

Was great to see AFB walk 10 meters with 3 Roos on him a few times though :rock:

Tonga players fought to have their Coach reinstated, had 25k crowd cheering everything they did and their huge size just smothered the Roos and the Lions the week before.
Calling them a 2nd Tier Nation is also misleading as there were no amature Tongan players in their Team @:cool:

Roos lost by 4 points and the IRL should rejoice at unearthing the 4th Team to make their Tests more competitive :nod:

The only Kangaroos forwards who could hold their heads up after last night's game were Jake and Haas.

Munster really only got the gig because Keary was ruled out and because he'd played halves with DCE previously for Qld. And if Tom wasn't injured he'd have been in the centres with one of Wighton or Munster or Hunt on the bench.
An example of mal’s poor use of bench.

He had Jake doing a lot of ball work when he was on. It was clear we needed grunt. Mal could have brought the under used wade graham into the game for some creative stuff on the edges and told Jake to get down and dirty in the middle. Just rip and tear.

An example of mal’s poor use of bench.

He had Jake doing a lot of ball work when he was on. It was clear we needed grunt. Mal could have brought the under used wade graham into the game for some creative stuff on the edges and told Jake to get down and dirty in the middle. Just rip and tear.

Mal using Jake pretty much as an extra 5/8 for some reason also caused criticism.....of DCE. Apparently to some on social media it was his fault that Mal had the team playing that way.

Wow fitler & johns have slammed dce for going missing tonight.As much as I love dce there are games he does the same with manly.
Ummm......so you’re taking sides with a drug cheat & an illiterate fool? Ok so DCE wasn’t man of the match nor was he alone in not doing much. Tonga wanted it more than Australia.....simple. Like those 2 twats never lost an important match? I guess Fittler won every SOO match he played? Same with cokehead Johns? Yeah let everyone blame DCE.....easy way out. Anasta is another illiterate twat who has NFI what he says! I’m so tired of having to listen to the dribble & uninspiring $hit that these 3 plus Anus, Parker, Finch, Hodges & that horny for Cam meathead Sampson :mad:

Imagine what Tonga would be like if they had Frizell and David Fafita Jrn, Both Tongan heritage and both would be out of the Aussie side.

then take away Papalli and Haas to the Samoan team and International Rugby League really starts to look serious, and the Aussies would still be Number 1 but not so easily a much more level playing field.

i still stand by the idea that you should only play for the country of birth or Parents birth, not where you played football and at what age etc.

Is this all finished ( for Australia) now , or is there more to come this weekend.
Roos out but Samoa v PNG on this weekend

The arrogance of Fitler and Joey peeves me.

Why can't they give credit to the Tongan's who happened to outplay the Roos :mad:

I recall Slater's dumb pass to gift the Kiwis a Test, yet his respect for the Roos jersey was never questioned by them :swear:

Personally I thought it was fantastic !!

I don’t want to sound unpatriotic but when Tonga got in front yesterday I cheered for them and hoped they’d win.

Doubt I’d be doing that in a World Cup but for this competition I thought it was a marvellous result.

Couldn't agree more. The most memorable internationals are close matches or upsets. Gets super boring watching Australia win all the time. Imagine Australia going into a test as an underdog, now that would be must watch TV. This loss was a huge step forward for the future of International RL.

Couldn't agree more. The most memorable internationals are close matches or upsets. Gets super boring watching Australia win all the time. Imagine Australia going into a test as an underdog, now that would be must watch TV. This loss was a huge step forward for the future of International RL.

Fantastic for the game as a whole.

BREAKING NEWS !!!
On nine news tonight Manly forwards Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake to undergo shoulder reconstructions. Facing a battle to be fit for round one next year.

I’m in shock maybe des isn’t so smart after all what club let’s two players who need shoulder reconstructions play representative football:mad: :banghead:

I really don't think DCE is a representative player. He flounders, with go forward and gets caught with the ball and makes way too many mistakes. He was atrocious against Tonga.

I really don't think DCE is a representative player. He flounders, with go forward and gets caught with the ball and makes way too many mistakes. He was atrocious against Tonga.
Chez went great the week before as did the Roos forwards.@:cool:

Just like in SOO, if the pack dominates the halves shine :nod:

Tonga all played above themselves and deserved to win against the benchmark :clap:

Tonga declare public holiday for Woolf's 'Winning Warriors'
A public holiday has been declared in Tonga to celebrate last Saturday’s historic Test triumph over the Kangaroos, with members of the successful team invited to the island Kingdom for the celebrations.

Prime Minister Pōhiva Tuʻiʻonetoa publicly congratulated Tonga coach Kristian Woolf, captain Jason Taumalolo and the players and staff for their emotion-charged 16-12 win at Eden Park and 14-6 win against Great Britain a week earlier.

A public holiday has been approved on Friday, November 15, with players expected to begin arriving in Tonga next week.

With the team forced to play as Tonga Invitational XIII due to political infighting, Prime Minister Tuʻiʻonetoa described Woolf’s side as the 'Winning Warriors' in a statement issued on Wednesday.
“Such is the spirit of immense joy, felicitations, and thankfulness conveyed, on behalf of His Majesty The King Tupou VI, The Government and the People of the Kingdom of Tonga, to the Captain, the Manager, the officials and the Head Coach of the Winning Warriors Tonga Team respectively, for the outstanding, awe inspiring, and unique triumph of the Tonga Rugby League Invitational XIII over the reigning Australian and British Rugby League Teams,” the statement said.

Woolf is unable to attend the festivities as he left on Tuesday to take up his new role as head coach of St Helens in the Super League.

The IRL is set to announce details of the 2020 international calendar, with Tonga expected to play New Zealand in the mid-year Oceania Cup Test and Fiji at the end of the season.

MD today
View on page

Big gun fires up to back Cherry
image.ashx

image.ashx

Daly Cherry-Evans in action for the Kangaroos in the Test against Tonga. Picture: David Rowland

ONE of the Kangaroos most successful captains has fired back at critics of Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, saying he has been unfairly singled out in the aftermath of the Kangaroos’ shock 16-12 loss to Tonga.

NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler was critical of Cherry-Evans’s performance last weekend, saying he wasn’t doing anything in attack and giving no direction.

But Max Krilich, captain of the 1982 Australian “Invincibles”, said the Manly halfback was let down by the players around him.
“It is very unfair, you are only as good as your forwards,” Krilich said.
“He didn’t have the best of games but that isn’t his fault, you’ve got to look at a wider angle than that.”

Krilich said Tonga played above what they have ever done before, proudly wearing their nations jersey.

“It’s always an easy cop out coming from people who want to bag a halfback or a five-eighth in relation to them not doing the right thing,” he said

“What wins you games is defence originally and then your frontrow. In 1908 that’s who won the games and it’s still the same 111 years later.”

And he said Tongan props Addin Fonua-Blake and Rooster Sio Siua Taukeiaho outplayed our frontrowers, pure and simple.

“Cherry is not going to play well if he’s got two frontrowers who are paperweights and not going forward,” Krilich said. :giggle:

Alex Johnston playing for Kumuls.

In 2014 journos were over the top in praising Souths as the premiership team with the must indigenous players ever.

Then they named Johnston (png), walker (pitcairner) and Sutton (Fiji) among the list.

I maintain that the manly 87 team with cliffy, shearer, Cochrane, Gibbs, Shaw holds the record.

Alex Johnston playing for Kumuls.

In 2014 journos were over the top in praising Souths as the premiership team with the must indigenous players ever.

Then they named Johnston (png), walker (pitcairner) and Sutton (Fiji) among the list.

I maintain that the manly 87 team with cliffy, shearer, Cochrane, Gibbs, Shaw holds the record.
Interesting about out 87 team, thanks.
And you are right about Walker and Sutton, however Johnston is Indigenous. He must also have some connection to PNG to allow him to qualify for the Kumuls.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4