Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Representative honours (& game day thread)

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
Butat 3.00pm I will be watching my darlings the Great Matildas play Chile ..... Go Sam Kerr you good thing!
Presss the Record button :wait:

I want to cheer Bennett's 3rd loss and the crazy Kumuls :clap:

HoldenV8

Is it me or has just about every Fiji try today come from a soft penalty against PNG blown by the referee?

HappilyManly

Premium Member
Is it me or has just about every Fiji try today come from a soft penalty against PNG blown by the referee?
Pom Ref screwing the poor Kumuls :mad:

Entertaining game though and only 2 points in it for most of the game

HoldenV8

Pom Ref screwing the poor Kumuls :mad:

Entertaining game though and only 2 points in it for most of the game

That last one should never have been a penalty for a late hit on the kicker. The PNG half was trying to charge down the kick and was in mid air. How is he supposed to change direction in mid air? He's not exactly the son of Jor-El.

And the Pommy ref didn't want to give that PNG try did he.....

HoldenV8

To be fair to the ref though, PNG still had every opportunity to stop those Fijian tries and didn't get the job done.

Overall this hasn't been a bad game to watch though.

HappilyManly

Premium Member
I love that Page, he is always good and has been in the Kumuls for a few years :happy:

HappilyManly

Premium Member
So close but Kumuls #6 blew their last chance 22-20

HappilyManly

Premium Member
Looks like Madge > Bennett 16-2 at HT :eek:

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Just some thoughts on the kiwis v GB.
Have NZ improved Greatly over the last decade or have the Poms gone backwards?
Whilst I'm happy NZ is strong and no longer a laughing stock, I personally much prefer Roos v GB especially the Kangaroo Tours.
Also I believe having an Australian coaching the English National team not to Mention non English born players playing for them at the expense of young English players is hurting them, how can they possibly play with National pride or team unity when they have outsiders playing for them?
This is not a tier 2 team or a team from a developing nations, it's a team full of proud rugby league people from the north of England.
Thoughts?

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
God. I just turned it on in time to see Sutton, again, go to the video ref.
How many times l have seen this imposter do this i really couldn't count.
Why is he even there?
Don't tell me I already know.
He is like greenturd.
Everything that is wrong with rugby league...

Cioran

This has been a bad season for the Lions. It’s been years since I’ve seen them look so inept and disorganised.

HoldenV8

Blake Austin hasn't had a good day on the wing.

Not surprised....he's not a winger, not by a long shot.

Will this be Wayne Bennett's last game in charge of the Poms?

MissKate

Premium Member
God. I just turned it on in time to see Sutton, again, go to the video ref.
How many times l have seen this imposter do this i really couldn't count.
Why is he even there?
Don't tell me I already know.
He is like greenturd.
Everything that is wrong with rugby league...
Someone needs to tell him that he’s just the ref, not the main attraction, keeps blowing his whistle to get attention

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
2018 Tipping Competitor
Just some thoughts on the kiwis v GB.
Have NZ improved Greatly over the last decade or have the Poms gone backwards?
Whilst I'm happy NZ is strong and no longer a laughing stock, I personally much prefer Roos v GB especially the Kangaroo Tours.
Also I believe having an Australian coaching the English National team not to Mention non English born players playing for them at the expense of young English players is hurting them, how can they possibly play with National pride or team unity when they have outsiders playing for them?
This is not a tier 2 team or a team from a developing nations, it's a team full of proud rugby league people from the north of England.
Thoughts?
We improved a lot, to the point the tests were 50/50 encounters long ago, last couple of years have been a debacle but heading in the right direction again now. Poms have been holding the same standard for a very long time, mainly in the 3 spot with Tonga pressing for that now.

Went to both game today, first one was a ripper, sound of the contact unbelievable. Robbed of an all time great try by the imbecile with the whistle calling that pass in the ingoal forward

Kiwis v GB a good encounter despite being Suttoned, **** that guy is a joke.

The crowd booing Adam Blair when the teams were being read out was awesome

Smokin Joe

Awesome to see the second tier game more entertaining than the top game.Great to see the Kumuls not take a step backwards against a group of bully boys.....The 2 Kumuls halves were awesome,Laybutt on the right was impressive(he made 2 defensive errors on Kikau,but jeez.....)was good organizing and a serious impressive long kicking game,made some good tackles on the that big unit and his decision making at all levels was impressive.Boas at half was a real surprise,what a terrier in defence and took the line on with no fear(Have had a couple of beers but have not seen a halfback since Langer/Tooves with the willingness to mix it with the big boys and be so good at it).Good choices and good kicking game,a real surprise.......I hate to say it but I think Bennett may have a good one on his hands wth Gebbie on the wing or at fullback(probably wing)

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
I am not certain that Hastings was the great Messiah many people thought he was ...

HoldenV8

First tackle of the PNG vs Great Britain game and James Graham is off for a HIA after getting his head in the wrong position to tackle. He polaxed himself.

The Kumuls seem enthusiastic. I hope they can sustain it and win this one.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Yet another referee cannot make a decision...

Top Bottom