RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah can't cop that at all to be honest.
Our ceo out signing in Keppie to extension where no one else would chase him as he is well ordinary.
We clearly need an upgrade in middles.
Anyway onto you Metrov, Seilbold and Scott fulton
Not as simple as comparing them to Keppie and his recent extension.Keppie would be on slightly more than those two,but by keeping him,it may mean the club can keep more important/valuable players like Olakau’atu etc.Fifita and Tuitavake could have manager/s that is pushing for more money or guaranteed first grade time,which runs the risk of pushing someone else out the door.There have been rumours of teams chasing Olakau’atu,whether that be media/manager speculation or not,but you have to ask,who would you rather,Olakau’atu or the two just released?

Well I've been impressed by every move the club has made since late last year but this seems like the first big miss. Waste of our time developing these young guys only to release them for nothing (and immediately!!) before they've even played first grade, especially after shining in trial games (Tuitavake last year & Fifita this year)

With that said, if this helps to get Gordie in the top squad and he ends up taking Croker's position we're in a better position. At the end of the day neither of these 2 have played FG and weren't in our best 17 this year (though Fififa should've been ahead of Burbo). Leaves us a bit light on depth in the forwards though, so hopefully we have a plan there that isn't just promoting a reserve grader or another young guy that won't play

This also hammers down what a waste of a spot Morgan Boyle is. How does he keep getting new contracts whilst never playing, and we are letting go of young promising forwards like this?

Because Boyle is on minimum contract .. it is because of him we can upgrade or buy others .. if we let him go .. any replacement in.the 30 would cost more.

Apparently we have been trying to re-sign Fifita for 12 months but we didn't offer enough money

Could have given him Boyle and Sipleys money and Harper's

Dumb club

They were said to be impressed with Griffin They are not impressed with Seibold?

Seibold following in the footsteps of Barrett letting good players go - Ramien, Hynes and Gutho

Last edited:
That Sack Seibold thread is coming 🤔

Only a win tomorrow will save it.

I bet Garrick is happy being signed on centre money for the next 5 years playing wing.

An uninjured Boyle would be very good.
Yes, I've stuck my head up here a few times saying Boyle could surprise if he stays fit. But I did watch him close in the Blacktown game against the Bulldogs and he seems a long way off.

Manly made the decision that

1. They couldn't pay them (salary cap)

or

2. They didn't want to pay them (couldn't justify the money or better spent upgrading other guys)

Either way I'm comfortable with what happened.

We got a heap of props in first grade and other guys coming through. I'd rather release them if they aren't happy than have them moping around in the Blacktown Workers team.

Just when Many was making the right decisions on pathways/juniors and were looking good, then this happens. Losling Fifita, we will look back on and curse whoever made this call. Has to be Seibold, he's the head coach. First black mark for him!

And we keep Boyle........

Last edited:
bit hard blaming seibold they probably signed for 24 onwards first, manager has told the club and then asked for immediate release, seibold and the ceo have probably discussed the fact that they wont be here next season so really there is no gain in continuing to develop them if there not part of the top 17 as it stands.

One thing I can say is Manly don’t often loose the players we want to keep. I’d say the extra space could be opening up a forward spot for a potential leader? Would love to see some experience signed for either our prop/lock position.

Probably Gordie and Sykes to move into the top 30. Having Gordie available will be a plus.
I liked Fifita's impact in the trial though, so a little bit surprised he is leaving. I'm sure the coaching staff have considered all angles anyway, you don't release a contracted player without reason..

One thing I can say is Manly don’t often loose the players we want to keep. I’d say the extra space could be opening up a forward spot for a potential leader? Would love to see some experience signed for either our prop/lock position.
Agreed with this. Besides AFB who have we let go in the last 5 years that people are really upset by?

I mean should we have kept Foran for one year to lose Schuster? Should we have kept an injury prone and off field liability like Walker for 600k?

Manly have assembled a roster with a heap of talent across the age spectrum. I wouldn't swap it for most teams in the NRL.

Now it is up to the coaching staff to get the best out of them.

Ffs.

Another reason to hate the Red V (ag).

I really hope this doesn't mean players prefer Griffin over Seibold. We will be in trouble if that's the case.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6