Refs got it wrong, says refs' boss Finch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Gronk link said:
I thought anyone who entered Parra leagues was chained to the pokies until they had emptied their pockets. 
  Which doesn't take very long unless it's Centrelink payday. 

Jamesie link said:
And where is that knobhead, Gallop. Nothing to say again, if its not putting the boot in to Manly.

Don't expect anything from Gallop this year, his sole purpose for 2010 will be positioning himself for a job with the new "independant" commission. So he won't be making waves, stirring up any hornets nests or generally doing anything remotely outside the scope of autopiloting the NRL in order to ruffle as few as feathers as possible. His priorities will be lining his own pockets at the expense of fixing glaring shortcomings in the way the game is being run. Personally I hope they show him the door, his time at the helm has past, he offers nothing going forward IMO. Odds on though he'll get the gig in some sweetheart deal cooked up by his News Limited buddies.

just thinking... using the manly/parra game as an example, say a punter had 10,oook on manly to win the game at $3 as they were before the game, and it played out as it did on the weekend, a manly lost through the blatant errors of the officials (as happened), it can be proven.
the punter has plenty of cash and wants to take them to court as a matter of Principal not so much to get his cash back. how do you think he'd go?

in greyhound racing, if the boxes don't open properly  or some think  run's across the track, eg another dog, person including an OFFICIAL even a bird that effects the out come of the race it's called a NO RACE, all the punter get there cash back and the dog owners share the prize money evenly.

mayb our legal eagle (dsm5)  has an answer.

hope that all makes sense

ip, the rules with bookmakers is that they pay out on the official result and it forms their T&Cs. The only succesful cases I can remember was a punter who sued the Canberra Times for mucking up a race field and got back around $74, and there was also a success with Wooden Spoon betting when the Bulldogs were stripped of points and punters got their money back because they were not listed as an option on that market.

Almost all punting cases never win.

On Centrelink Matas, I drove past the one in Brookvale yesterday and it had a Mercedes 4WD and a Porsche Boxter parked right outside. Tough times on the beaches :)

ManlyBacker link said:
On Centrelink Matas, I drove past the one in Brookvale yesterday and it had a Mercedes 4WD and a Porsche Boxter parked right outside. Tough times on the beaches :)
  Probably the staff cars, or Pepsi had a photo shoot there.

Inside pass, my advice to you is to stay as far away from the legal profession as you can.  They eat your money.  Brett's legal bills must be horrendous. 

DSM5 link said:
Inside pass, my advice to you is to stay as far away from the legal profession as you can.  They eat your money.  Brett's legal bills must be horrendous. 
Thank God for New Idea when this is all over.

DSM5 link said:
thats probably the best advice you could give. :)
i really do feel for brett  :( :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4