Refs got it wrong, says refs' boss Finch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
NRL referees' boss Robert Finch has conceded his officials made two errors, costing Manly and Parramatta points in Sunday's match at Parramatta Stadium.

Finch says the referees erred in awarding Manly's first try and an obstruction penalty should have been awarded to the Eels.

He also says the final pass for centre Joel Reddy's crucial try for Parramatta was forward.

Sea Eagles' coach Des Hasler blasted the match officials after his side's 24-20 loss.

"I'm pretty disappointed with the team's performance yesterday afternoon," Finch told reporters on Monday.

"There were two incidents in this game which led to points - the first being the first try that Manly scored which was clearly a breach of the key indicators.

"An obstruction should have been awarded against the Manly side and a penalty to the Eels."

"And the (Joel Reddy) try that the Eels scored ... the last part was clearly forward."

Finch said a decision on whether touch judge Gavin Reynolds would be dropped for round three would be made on Tuesday.

Haha, that just sums the pricks up

'We made a mistake here, but made another one there so that cancels the other out and had no impact on the match'

What a bull****ting merkin

We may as well get into the Hodkinson try then. I notice they used the word "Obstruction", how can it be an obstruction when no player was touched or obstructed ?

i'll never b having a punt on a footie game ever again..
this **** is happening in most games.

parra were 5 to 1 with 10min 2 go,, som1 had there pocked lined with cash yesterday

Where was the obstruction on the first try?  Matai crabbed right across field and passed to Hodgkinson running a straight angle.  I don't recall anyone else running through and certainly there was no contact. 

I thought it might have been called back, but I was a long way from that line.  Finch needs to go, he's just so ineffectual.

Matabele link said:
Where was the obstruction on the first try?  Matai crabbed right across field and passed to Hodgkinson running a straight angle.  I don't recall anyone else running through and certainly there was no contact. 
100% there was no obstruction.

This is the sort of **** that drives fans to despair.  Blind Freddy could see the forward pass, but Finch invents a problem with a Manly try because if he doesn't it calls into question the legitimacy of the Parra win.

It is a heious injustice and has no place in a professional competition. 

He only gets away with it because there are no repercussions for his errant ineptitude.  Something should be done about it. 

They always do this "oh we made a mistake but just to show you it didnt cost you the game, we will say we made another too

Would they be the only professional organisation that would have an incentive to confess to being twice as inept as they appear to be in the public eye?

And for this they are rewarded.  

[quote author=inside pass link=topic=182775.msg256311#msg256311 date=1269237035]
i'd give this game away if i did not love manly so much.

My thoughts entirely, inside pass.

And where is that knobhead, Gallop. Nothing to say again, if its not putting the boot in to Manly.

inside pass link said:
i'd give this game away if i did not love manly so much.

Me too. As I said to my wife (who's heard it all before from me a million times), "I can't watch the NRL anymore. The refs are just killing the game."

Matabele link said:

A player certainly ran through the line, think it was Josh Perry, but he cleared it easily with no contact

However, Melbourne run the same play on Saturday night, Blair ran through the line, made no contact, and they were called back as a penalty, which imo is wrong

The Fox callers clearly thought it was ok, especially Lozza who would look for any anti-Manly excuse normally. 3 years and thay still haven't made clear guidelines for the obstruction 'rule' and make it up as they go along.

When I played it was called a bad read in defence. Now you make a bad read, claim you were shielded and you suffer no consequence. It rewards mediocrity.

Finch is simply trying to quell the impending riot that threatens due to an inept call influencing the result. The radio and TV commentators had no problem with the obstruction call at the time so he is clutching at straws.

I am at an Inservice Course at Parra Leagues later this week. Very tempted to make a fuss!!! :)

Canteen Worker link said:
I am at an Inservice Course at Parra Leagues later this week. Very tempted to make a fuss!!! :)
Chain yourself to their pokie machines until the give us our two points back.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4