Refs - any clues?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Listening to 2GB, & along with everyone else, they were stunned when the Refs reviewed Jack Gosiewski’s dive over try from dummy-half.
2GB commentators said it appeared Refs were wondering if Jake T had obstructed defence after playing the ball. Ridiculous.

I can only think that they ref was not watching Jetski when he went over. No other explanation unless its total incompetence.

I am alarmed at the sub standard refereeing this year. Far too many mistakes and inconsistency. Forcing the ball in goal and being allowed to play on is frankly mind boggling.

I am alarmed at the sub standard refereeing this year. Far too many mistakes and inconsistency. Forcing the ball in goal and being allowed to play on is frankly mind boggling.
Agreed, I understand the 50/50 calls but that one is basic stuff that has to be picked up.

It’s all very well for Annersley to say they got it wrong but we’re going past the halfway point of the season and mistakes like this can cost teams a final berth.

Green was complaining on NRL360 that ref decision cost the Cows their last 2 games :confused:

Manly had 12 men and kept them scoreless in the second half. Hard to blame the Refs for a full 40 minutes :fubar:

Green was complaining on NRL360 that ref decision cost the Cows their last 2 games :confused:

Manly had 12 men and kept them scoreless in the second half. Hard to blame the Refs for a full 40 minutes :fubar:
True that...with the Manly game.
But have to agree with Green about that knock on for a Tigers try, these Bunker BS usually replays 22 times when it's an obvious try, yet this contested ball was awarded a try immediately....terrible officiating.

NRL have no idea on obstructions. It apparently only exists if a referee calls for a video replay.

The rest of the game has heaps of similar situations that would be penalised if the same rules were applied.

For example when a team goes for a field goal or a last tackle kick, there are heaps of players standing in front of the kicker who 'obstruct' the defence in the same way that tries are ruled 'no try'.

Same when a fullback catches the ball & runs back upfield past his team mates who are standing in front of him. Tedesco has made it a specialty. As soon as he catches the ball he he immediately goes looking for a team mate to run around to get past the oncoming defenders. Gets the Roosters set going from the first tackle and never gets penalised.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8