Refs - any clues?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Today's refereeing performance was beyond dreadful. Many missed St George offsides. Sim's was blatantly flopping all day. Inability to make clear try scoring calls without going upstairs. Their confidence level was crap. Hesitant, clumsy and weak. Also, in my sports ears I could hear endless chatter about their "tactics" and singling out players. What kind of crap is this? I found myself wishing for Cecchin today which is a massive worry.

Agree. Their 10 metres was atrocious and ruined the first half.

They had no “feel” for the game and were limp when it came to decisions.

Who were there anyway? Neville and Nobody?

Agree. Their 10 metres was atrocious and ruined the first half.

They had no “feel” for the game and were limp when it came to decisions.

Who were there anyway? Neville and Nobody?
Chris Sutton and don't know the other one's name. I think he's the brother of Gerard Sutton. Hmmm.

Can someone help me out here, I always thought that the two ref system worked by the one ref always reffing the 10m rule for the whole game, so they always swap when there is a change of possession. But yesterday we had Sutton pinging us constantly for off-side in the first 20 minutes, and then the other beardy bloke was reffing the Dragons, but in a completely different way.

How can this be fair ?

when Tom T took the quick tap toward the end of the first half they were all literally 2 to 3 (at best) metres back when they tackled him.

as above, Saints inside 10 for most of first half. Cherry gets penalised for same and they get two points,

Listening to 2GB, & along with everyone else, they were stunned when the Refs reviewed Jack Gosiewski’s dive over try from dummy-half.
2GB commentators said it appeared Refs were wondering if Jake T had obstructed defence after playing the ball. Ridiculous.

They missed the blatant strip by Sims on AFB (right in front of them!) which gave St George the possession for their first try, and all the momentum for the next 10 minutes.

Hunt appeared to be offside virtually every tackle.

There were numerous disasters yet again in all games, the best 1, was the game Tigers blatantly knocked on off a bomb and try against Cows and it's awarded immediately....
I don't mind a quick decision, as this bunker 10 minute stoppage is frustrating, but the funny thing is, these clowns review an obvious try 10-12 times....yet this was obviously a 50/50 challenge off a kick that pretty much was the difference in a tight game and was awarded when the bunker could of actually been used.
I won on Tigers anyway so happy enough, but a disgusting officials call when the bunker was called for.

When will the NRL admit that two referees are not better than one?
Two people making decisions leads to more confusion and less consistency (which I know is overrated in Shoddy's opinion).
If two are better than one, then four must be better than two. In fact, why not have a committee on the field referring matches?

When will the NRL admit that two referees are not better than one?
3C1C913C-6464-442E-B7BF-817EFCD06022.jpeg

Can someone help me out here, I always thought that the two ref system worked by the one ref always reffing the 10m rule for the whole game, so they always swap when there is a change of possession. But yesterday we had Sutton pinging us constantly for off-side in the first 20 minutes, and then the other beardy bloke was reffing the Dragons, but in a completely different way.

How can this be fair ?
They still couldn't stop the mighty Eagles.

Dont forget their last try was grounded in their own goal our players stopped waiting for the refs whistle nothing came they played on and ran the length of the field to score a try laughable really ...

Dont forget their last try was grounded in their own goal our players stopped waiting for the refs whistle nothing came they played on and ran the length of the field to score a try laughable really ...
But Manly had 110 meters to shut it down and didn't :wait:

Neither Des nor Damien would be happy with our cover D :p

But Manly had 110 meters to shut it down and didn't :wait:

Neither Des nor Damien would be happy with our cover D :p
There was reasonable scramble. Sandwich pulled down their flying winger with a great tackle, and it was only Cust being pushed off after the ball had been spread that created the try. Meanwhile, fans like me were still yelling at the ref that the play need to be re-started by a goal-line drop out.
It's funny how much this incident irked me because our guys had monstered Illawarra for 60 minutes and didn't deserve to have this non-try recorded against them.

There was reasonable scramble. Sandwich pulled down their flying winger with a great tackle, and it was only Cust being pushed off after the ball had been spread that created the try. Meanwhile, fans like me were still yelling at the ref that the play need to be re-started by a goal-line drop out.
It's funny how much this incident irked me because our guys had monstered Illawarra for 60 minutes and didn't deserve to have this non-try recorded against them.
I just watched the replay and for some reason Walker was in the middle of the field and decided not to chase.

Jorge's dodgy knees also prevented anyone but Cade to chase :cool:

Fully laughable. Forgot that embarrassing blunder. Again, they had zero confidence, it reeked of no idea.

I thought Joel Thomsons chase was admiral and it was a simple miss and Cust in his defence, has tackled really well...to the point the cover did not seem ready for Aitken to bust the tackle...
Another thing of note here was the chase by Garrick on the flying Pearson....but near the biggest thing I appreciated all day.....if Garrick misses the tackle there was desperate cover closing in...Fainu, which is not a surprise....but close to my favourite play of the day was the other chaser who had no right to be flying across - none other than AFB...if you get a chance take a peak - it summed up the Attitude Manly 2019 and Massive credit to AFB on this play...

I thought Joel Thomsons chase was admiral and it was a simple miss and Cust in his defence, has tackled really well...to the point the cover did not seem ready for Aitken to bust the tackle...
Another thing of note here was the chase by Garrick on the flying Pearson....but near the biggest thing I appreciated all day.....if Garrick misses the tackle there was desperate cover closing in...Fainu, which is not a surprise....but close to my favourite play of the day was the other chaser who had no right to be flying across - none other than AFB...if you get a chance take a peak - it summed up the Attitude Manly 2019 and Massive credit to AFB on this play...
Excellent observations Maxta. Spot on. AFB especially really putting in way above and beyond. Love this side's effort levels. I said to me best mate yesterday at the game, this is not far off the same squad as Barrett had to choose from; what a difference Des is making. And Donny Singe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6