Redemption Day Looming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How fitting is it that we going to be back to where we were at the start of the season after 0-4, people writing us off, saying no chance we are contenders, just proper back against the walls stuff.
Get your point, Remy, but the problem is we also played like we did in the first four weeks - and that was with Tom in the side. Terrible errors, terrible defence and inexplicable failures to recognise and capitalise on momentum shifts. Seriously, watching it was like re-living that month all over again. I've had PTSD-related flashbacks for the last two days.

But yeah, most of our problems were self-inflicted and if we can fix up the handling we should be okay. I get the desire to play an attacking brand of footy and sticking with what's worked, but we need to remember that we have to get on top before we start throwing it around. Every time we try to bring out the razzle-dazzle too early (for example, as we did against the Cowboys and the Dogs) we look disjointed and end up turning over possession. Didn't cost us againt bad teams, but will kill us against any of the teams remaining in the hunt.

Once we get a bit of momentum going, our attack is almost impossible to stop. The trick is knowing when to pull the trigger. A little patience goes a long way, especially in finals footy.

Roosters have 6 of their star players out

Virtually Half their team

We will never get a better chance at them than this Friday night to take advantage and advance further into the finals .

A loss to the depleted roosters would be extremely disappointing

Roosters missing in action
Manu
Keary
Cordner
Friend
Collins
Morris

Roosters have 6 of their star players out

Virtually Half their team

We will never get a better chance at them than this Friday night to take advantage and advance further into the finals .

A loss to the depleted roosters would be extremely disappointing

Roosters missing in action
Manu
Keary
Cordner
Friend
Collins
Morris
And possibly verills as well he would be another star player out as well as butcher.

This is the best opportunity in a while for our to beat the roosters whether or not our boys takes this opportunity and want to attain for last week's effort is the great unknown.

Get your point, Remy, but the problem is we also played like we did in the first four weeks - and that was with Tom in the side. Terrible errors, terrible defence and inexplicable failures to recognise and capitalise on momentum shifts. Seriously, watching it was like re-living that month all over again. I've had PTSD-related flashbacks for the last two days.

But yeah, most of our problems were self-inflicted and if we can fix up the handling we should be okay. I get the desire to play an attacking brand of footy and sticking with what's worked, but we need to remember that we have to get on top before we start throwing it around. Every time we try to bring out the razzle-dazzle too early (for example, as we did against the Cowboys and the Dogs) we look disjointed and end up turning over possession. Didn't cost us againt bad teams, but will kill us against any of the teams remaining in the hunt.

Once we get a bit of momentum going, our attack is almost impossible to stop. The trick is knowing when to pull the trigger. A little patience goes a long way, especially in finals footy.
Patience is the real key , that first fumble last night which Harper dropped ( **** pass ) was an example of trying to spread it before we’d dominated the middle.

We’d of been so much better last night if the game plan had been.

Defend, defend defend and in attack let’s play simple , mistake free footy, kicking into their corners and hopefully getting a mistake.

Spreading the ball on the last couple when attacking their line is fine , but until then play it safe.

Adam Reynolds did that perfectly last night , theirs was a very simple game plan.

You can bang on all you like out the brilliance of Tom but if Friday night showed me anything it's this.

If the forwards are getting dominated, it doesn't count for sh!t.

They ran straight through the middle of us. If we don't address this, we'll be out in straight sets.

Having said that, I think we will fix it and beat Easts.
Absolutely. Our forwards are so inconsistent. Got to be on.

Famous old quote in a famous old book....."What Manly giveth, Manly can taketh away".

I had another look our game last night with a lot less emotion and a lot more calm. Got to say we were absolutely terrible with drop balls, poor discipline and seriously uncharacteristic defence lapses on our try line. Turbo had his worst game I can recall in recent times as did our two experienced halves. However, despite all that and yet again continually giving away possession and inviting the Storm back into the game, I thought we were well in it at 18 - 6 and certainly if the Harpo try stands, we should have been 18-12 come half time and I think game on. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that Harpo try incidentally with a flat pass at worst. Our big bright spots on the night I thought were messrs Walker, Garrick and Saab....who all showed some great flair and creative thinking that seemed to abandon most of our spine. I also thought our forwards had a good dig in the middle but looked lost on the edges. With our spine missing why would this be a surprise.

The guys are really lucky they get another crack next week. I suspect with the experience of Friday night, they will come out firing. More aggressive with a point to prove. They will beat the battered Rosters and then go on to beat the rested rabbits. Redemption and vengeance can be a hell of a motivating force. The possibility of Redemption Day against the Storm will keep their fires burning next 3 weeks and will given them the opportunity to finally bury these guys properly!!!
One week closer to Redemption Day. The up tempo standard we set against the Roosters I think here to stay. If the boys need any new spark or motivation this week to maintain that rage, Des just needs stick copies of the Ryan Girdler article up on the walls. That should be enough of a spark to get the boys through against the well rested bunnies. Thanks for that Girds!!

I still think the bad loss to the Storm a couple of weeks back might well prove the biggest turning point of our year. I am still hurting over that so imagine how some of the boys must be feeling!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6