Redemption Day Looming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Famous old quote in a famous old book....."What Manly giveth, Manly can taketh away".

I had another look our game last night with a lot less emotion and a lot more calm. Got to say we were absolutely terrible with drop balls, poor discipline and seriously uncharacteristic defence lapses on our try line. Turbo had his worst game I can recall in recent times as did our two experienced halves. However, despite all that and yet again continually giving away possession and inviting the Storm back into the game, I thought we were well in it at 18 - 6 and certainly if the Harpo try stands, we should have been 18-12 come half time and I think game on. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that Harpo try incidentally with a flat pass at worst. Our big bright spots on the night I thought were messrs Walker, Garrick and Saab....who all showed some great flair and creative thinking that seemed to abandon most of our spine. I also thought our forwards had a good dig in the middle but looked lost on the edges. With our spine missing why would this be a surprise.

The guys are really lucky they get another crack next week. I suspect with the experience of Friday night, they will come out firing. More aggressive with a point to prove. They will beat the battered Rosters and then go on to beat the rested rabbits. Redemption and vengeance can be a hell of a motivating force. The possibility of Redemption Day against the Storm will keep their fires burning next 3 weeks and will given them the opportunity to finally bury these guys properly!!!

Famous old quote in a famous old book....."What Manly giveth, Manly can taketh away".

I had another look our game last night with a lot less emotion and a lot more calm. Got to say we were absolutely terrible with drop balls, poor discipline and seriously uncharacteristic defence lapses on our try line. Turbo had his worst game I can recall in recent times as did our two experienced halves. However, despite all that and yet again continually giving away possession and inviting the Storm back into the game, I thought we were well in it at 18 - 6 and certainly if the Harpo try stands, we should have been 18-12 come half time and I think game on. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that Harpo try incidentally with a flat pass at worst. Our big bright spots on the night I thought were messrs Walker, Garrick and Saab....who all showed some great flair and creative thinking that seemed to abandon most of our spine. I also thought our forwards had a good dig in the middle but looked lost on the edges. With our spine missing why would this be a surprise.

The guys are really lucky they get another crack next week. I suspect with the experience of Friday night, they will come out firing. More aggressive with a point to prove. They will beat the battered Rosters and then go on to beat the rested rabbits. Redemption and vengeance can be a hell of a motivating force. The possibility of Redemption Day against the Storm will keep their fires burning next 3 weeks and will given them the opportunity to finally bury these guys properly!!!
It's always interesting how other see the game differently. I thought Tom was quite as he was "used as a decoy" early and then never got into his groove. I also thought our Middle Forwards were trash, didn't bend the line and were soft in defence. Our left edge was solid all game and looked threatening, just didn't get enough opportunities. Our right edge made mistakes on both attack and defence early and it got inside their heads. They become very indecisive.

I thought our bench was the spark (mainly Walker and Peseka). I would love to see the bench of Walker, Peseka, Sipley and either Keppie or Lawton next week. Getting Croker back will get the boys in the middle playing more direct.

We need to get big punch through the middle on the Chooks to open up for Turbo, DCE, Foz and Shoe to work their magic. We looked to try and go small to match Melbourne which failed as we don't have the small bench talent to match.

Well said, we didn't take our chances and they did and the score blew out.

I'm not going to write the team or Des off as i still have egg on my face from earlier this season. They got a taste of what it means to be in the finals and they now know where the bar is set.

We have another shot and i believe with the sudden death factor they will lift. They've had their backs to the wall enough this season. Back to basics and no more believing the media stories over the week.

The disallowed Harper try - whilst it should’ve stood would not add six to our score as from that penalty we scored anyway.

As we all know until 1997 the Knights had never beat Manly in Sydney ever, until the last minute of the one game that mattered. If Manly are only to beat Storm once in 2021, you know which game you want it to be in - the grand final.

It is regular occurrence over the years.

In 2004 the Dogs lost Wk 1 semi and won the GF.

In 2005 the Cows lost Wk 1 semi 50-6 and made the GF.

In 2006 the Donkeys lost Wk 1 semi 20-4 and won the GF.

In 2008 the Storm lost Wk 1 semi and made the GF.

In 2011 the Warriors lost Wk 1 semi 40-10 and made the GF.

in 2013 Manly lost Wk 1 semi and won made the GF.

In 2015 the Cows lost Wk 1 semi and won the GF.

Same happening again in 2021 is statistically overdue. Either Manly or Penrith will make the GF after losing in Wk 1.

Last edited:
As we all know until 1997 the Knights had never beat Manly in Sydney ever, until the last minute of the one game that mattered. If Manly are only to beat Storm once in 2021, you know which game you want it to be in - the grand final.

Same happening again in 2021 is statistically overdue. Either Manly or Penrith will make the GF after losing in Wk 1.
I feel betterer now , I think !!

We need an aggressive forward leader. Marty was supposed to do that but has lost the plot. Introduce Keppie to take this role and take on JWH .My starting team is-
Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Suli ( Harper has been **** for last month)
Saab
Foran
DCE
Jake
Oka
Keppie
Marty
Croker
Paseka
Bench - Walker, Schuster, Aloai, Sipley/Lawton

The interesting question is do you change things around or do you leave exactly as is? Knowing how adverse Des is to any change, I would say likely no changes except to bring Croker back. I would actually consider starting Keppie in place of the Shu to add some much needed starch in defence and probably some more direct running on the edge. Bring Shuey on in the last 20 minutes in each half.....fresher and hopefully back to his creative best. With Walker also on that should liven things up in attack.

Same happening again in 2021 is statistically overdue. Either Manly or Penrith will make the GF after losing
The funny thing about 2015, is that the Cows also lost their first four games...

Schuster doesn't seem to be the same since the Eels game at Bankwest and his hamstring injury. Maybe Des has him taking less risks. I think we have back Schuster's skill and let him loose.

We need an aggressive forward leader. Marty was supposed to do that but has lost the plot. Introduce Keppie to take this role and take on JWH .My starting team is-
Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Suli ( Harper has been **** for last month)
Saab
Foran
DCE
Jake
Oka
Keppie
Marty
Croker
Paseka
Bench - Walker, Schuster, Aloai, Sipley/Lawton
Exactly.

How fitting is it that we going to be back to where we were at the start of the season after 0-4, people writing us off, saying no chance we are contenders, just proper back against the walls stuff. How the Manly Sea Eagles club and fans love it. How fitting. We believed in our hype last week. Now it's time to believe in ourselves and fight back from that embarrassment. It's redemption time.

You can bang on all you like out the brilliance of Tom but if Friday night showed me anything it's this.

If the forwards are getting dominated, it doesn't count for sh!t.

They ran straight through the middle of us. If we don't address this, we'll be out in straight sets.

Having said that, I think we will fix it and beat Easts.

You can bang on all you like out the brilliance of Tom but if Friday night showed me anything it's this.

If the forwards are getting dominated, it doesn't count for sh!t.

They ran straight through the middle of us. If we don't address this, we'll be out in straight sets.

Having said that, I think we will fix it and beat Easts.
Someneed to fire up our front rowers this week they need to go after the roosters pack this week.

I agree with rest of your post.

If our forwards show up this week we win !! Our halves and fullback can’t do anything behind a beaten pack !!! Marty was the most disappointing he is so big he needs to fire !! Who ever wins the forward battle will win the game

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8