Recruits for the 2012 Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
While I'm a big believer in getting a proven prop ala Graham I also think we should have our targets locked on the Dragons.

They will have to shed players especially with how Gasnier's deal is back ended and many other's going up.

Kite has a good 3-4 years in him yet. I reckon he's going to have an outstanding year.

Shane link said:
Next year ant,After Kite moves on

While many will look at this years success I'm a big believer in setting yourself up for the future as well. Especially in the forwards.

We need guy's like Greenshields, Marketo, Hunt etc.

Ryan link said:
Kite has a good 3-4 years in him yet. I reckon he's going to have an outstanding year.

God I hope Kite still isn't running out for us in 4 years time. His form the last 2 years has been pretty ordinary and quite rightly he has been overlooked for representative honours last season. He needs a BIG lift in performance and enthusiasm this year, otherwise I can see no point in extending his contract.

I'd say we are fine in the backs for many years to come if we can hold onto these blokes. Foran, Cherry-Evans, Whare, Hoppoate, Stewart, Oldfield, Williams.

Again as Tookey pointed out, no major sponsor will limit our future signings. However if everything turns out for the better we should be targeting 2 props. A young up and comer like McKendry or Grant and a higher profile player like Scott or Shillington.
The rest of the forwards still have plenty of good years in them. I'd expect Rodney and Kite to move on. Ballin or G Stewart will be the future captain of the club. We should get a look at Lussick and Cunningham at some stage this year.
Bring on the footy!

I hope Cunningham kicks on. He's been selected as one of the best 4 props in Australia in the NYC, by being selected as a starter in their Australian team.

Hopefulle that bodes well. He's 20.

Ryan link said:
I hope Cunningham kicks on. He's been selected as one of the best 4 props in Australia in the NYC, by being selected as a starter in their Australian team.

Hopefulle that bodes well. He's 20.

The best 4 Australian ones anyway, theres a few big islander lads at that age that may not be eligible, but yeah hopefully he kicks on.

Snowden, Douglas and Mannah all off contract in 2012. I'd be chasing one of these guys hard.

DSM5 link said:
Most, the three you mentioned are average club players.
I don't know what comp you've been watching but Tim Manah is far from being just an average player. I would grab him in a heart beat.
The best prop in the game as far as a quick play the ball goes. He rarely gets flipped over onto his back. Tackles like a demon and has heaps of ability. Plus, he's still relatively young.

DSM5 link said:
Most, the three you mentioned are average club players.
DSM, if Snowden and Douglas remain at the Sharks with the coaching revolving door they will remain average first graders. But I believe there is enough potential in both that if Dessie and the coaching staff get a hold of either of them early enough they could develop into first class players.

Imagine:-

08. Jared Wearra-Hargreaves
09. Matt Ballin
10. Lama Tasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Brent Kite

Latest posts