Recruitment priorities?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What positions need recruiting/strengthening?

• Total voters
ffs.... I was hoping it may have been someone on the coaching staff at the team he plays for.. Slightly more credible.
Rugby Australia hope to lure teenage prodigy Suaalii for postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Add comment
By Michael Houston Monday, 8 June 2020
Joseph Suaalii could feature at the Tokyo Olympics ©Twitter/@NSWRL
Rugby Australia are hoping to lure future star Joseph Suaalii for the now-postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics, after the 16-year-old was initially too young to be part of the nation's rugby sevens team.

Suaalii will turn 18 on August 1, 2021, during the re-arranged Olympics, which leaves the opportunity for him to play during the Games.

However, the prodigy is in high demand and National Rugby League team South Sydney has reportedly offered Suaalii a four-year, AUD$2 million (£1.1 million/$1.4 million/€1.23 million) deal.

Joining the rugby league outfit could vanquish any hope of the prodigy playing in Tokyo, but he cannot be signed until his 17th birthday, with August set to bring an indication of his future.

Rugby Australia do not believe the reports to be true and will aim to make him part of the Olympic team, after the Games were postponed due to COVID-19.

Australia's men will look to contend for the title in Tokyo after being knocked out in the quarter-finals of the inaugural event at Rio 2016 by eventual bronze medallists South Africa.

There is also interest in Tolu Koula, who plays for Manly in rugby league's SG Ball Cup.

Koula, also a teenager, is an accomplished sprinter and is one of the nation's fastest athletes despite his youth.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Australia's Under 18's coach Peter Hewat, who oversaw both players in a win over New Zealand, praised both talents.

Hewat said: "They're both freaks of nature athletically, they're very mature for their age as well, and we'd love to have them in our game.

"The big thing for me was just letting them play because they only needed a couple of points and then they were off.

"But what impressed me most was that they wanted to know all the small details in their positions, like running lines from an attack point of view and defensive positioning.

"That's what's so exciting about them playing rugby, because they're already dominating without really knowing what they're doing.

"So when you add in some small detail – from their eagerness to learn matched with their natural ability – the sky's the limit."

Speaking of their prospects, Hewat said he hopes that the opportunities will act as an incentive for them.

He added: "I hope rugby plays on its strengths.

"At their age their careers could span Olympics, a tour against the British and Irish Lions and the next three World Cups.

"Without putting pressure on them, that would be a pretty big carrot for me as a young player."

Rugby Australia hope to lure teenage prodigy Suaalii for postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Add comment
By Michael Houston Monday, 8 June 2020
Joseph Suaalii could feature at the Tokyo Olympics ©Twitter/@NSWRL
Rugby Australia are hoping to lure future star Joseph Suaalii for the now-postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics, after the 16-year-old was initially too young to be part of the nation's rugby sevens team.

Suaalii will turn 18 on August 1, 2021, during the re-arranged Olympics, which leaves the opportunity for him to play during the Games.

However, the prodigy is in high demand and National Rugby League team South Sydney has reportedly offered Suaalii a four-year, AUD$2 million (£1.1 million/$1.4 million/€1.23 million) deal.

Joining the rugby league outfit could vanquish any hope of the prodigy playing in Tokyo, but he cannot be signed until his 17th birthday, with August set to bring an indication of his future.

Rugby Australia do not believe the reports to be true and will aim to make him part of the Olympic team, after the Games were postponed due to COVID-19.

Australia's men will look to contend for the title in Tokyo after being knocked out in the quarter-finals of the inaugural event at Rio 2016 by eventual bronze medallists South Africa.

There is also interest in Tolu Koula, who plays for Manly in rugby league's SG Ball Cup.

Koula, also a teenager, is an accomplished sprinter and is one of the nation's fastest athletes despite his youth.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Australia's Under 18's coach Peter Hewat, who oversaw both players in a win over New Zealand, praised both talents.

Hewat said: "They're both freaks of nature athletically, they're very mature for their age as well, and we'd love to have them in our game.

"The big thing for me was just letting them play because they only needed a couple of points and then they were off.

"But what impressed me most was that they wanted to know all the small details in their positions, like running lines from an attack point of view and defensive positioning.

"That's what's so exciting about them playing rugby, because they're already dominating without really knowing what they're doing.

"So when you add in some small detail – from their eagerness to learn matched with their natural ability – the sky's the limit."

Speaking of their prospects, Hewat said he hopes that the opportunities will act as an incentive for them.

He added: "I hope rugby plays on its strengths.

"At their age their careers could span Olympics, a tour against the British and Irish Lions and the next three World Cups.

"Without putting pressure on them, that would be a pretty big carrot for me as a young player."
Thanks Max that was good of you. :)

Tolutau Koula: Position FB
Height: 183cm
Weight: 93kg
Speed: 100m & 200m sprint champion...100m in 10.5sec
Tolutau Koula is one of the real exciting prospects at the Manly Sea Eagles.
A full-back/centre, Tolutau has been rated as one of the best young attacking players seen in either rugby league or rugby union at school and representative level in recent years.
Tolutau has been fast tracked into Manly’s NRL top 30 squad after completing his HSC at Newington College in 2020.
A player with tremendous speed, Tolutau played full-back for Manly in the Club’s 2018 Harold Matthews premiership winning team. He also played SG Ball for Manly in 2019 and 2020.
Tolutau represented the Australian Schools and U18 rugby team in New Zealand last year after being involved in the 2019 Academy Series at the NSW Waratahs Rugby Academy.

Tolu Koula (Manly Sea Eagles)

“He’s the one I’m really looking forward to, he’s a 100m and 200m sprint champion.

“From all reports a couple of months of athletic training he was running 10.5 second 100 metres.

“I heard Manly were going to coach him into becoming a centre, but I think he’s an out and out fullback.

“He can run, he has really good peripheral vision and really good footwork.

“He has blinding speed and with Tom Trbojevic missing he’ll get a run early in the year.

“He’s a pretty special kid, I’m looking forward to seeing him in 2021.”

WE HAVE youngsters good enough!!! See above re Koula! They just need a fvcking chance! If Suaalii is ok to play 1st grade so is this kid. He’s a solid build, good defender & bigger than Papenhuyzen ffs. This club needs to take some risks or we will lose these kids. Imagine our team with Trbo, Saab, Koula in the backline. FMD Des give them a go!

I'm sold. Give the kid a crack. We can hardly do any worse and if he happens to get in the clear it'll be shut the gate.....wet weather aside.

Don’t know how we find one , or get one to come to us but we need a strong forward leader, a “ ****ing run ya bastard run “ type , one that grabs the ball takes it up , turns around and says “ like that you lazy pricks “ , one that puts a hit on, jumps up , beats his chest and says “ that’s how you do it “!!

Attitude is what we are missing , and especially after a try gets scored against us the attitude to get behind the goalposts and say “ ** this ** let’s win this ****ing game”.

We’ve got some fair players but their attitude and subsequently their confidence is very sadly completely lacking.
Valid points made.

Freddie and Joey’s take is our middle is to soft without AFB..

The likes of Marty, Jake and Aloai need to stand up and take ownership they are on the big coin!

I wish Des would start Tent we get more out of him when he starts.

We have a heap of potential replacements among our top 29, plus a number of likely lads in the Workers. Before we start considering recruitment surely we should give players already signed a chance in First Grade?
To do that we need to sack 'The Staid Professor' and replace him with a coach with vision and belief in the wonders of youth.

We do have a much better one than Walsh.....Tolutau Koula!!!!!!
Hopefully Koula gets a chance to showcase his talent.

Warriors announced just now they got Reece Walsh on a three year deal as Rodgers replacement..

OK so if we do a nice clean out of our off contract players this year, can we be able to cash in on some big stars? Or will our salary cap still be way too full for us to make some marquee signings? Coz what i would realistically want is we get rid of these off contract players:

Boyle
Croker
Funa
Garrick
Jetski
Walker
Sironen
Taufua
Parker
Walker (depending on his form this year)

And then only resign Sione Fainu, Saddler and Toafofoa Sipley. Surely with all that we will have good money there to spend on a huge second rower and a huge centre. Second Rower wise I know Angus Crichton is off contract, i dont know if we can attract a player that big but that's a big second rower we can have along side Haumole. There's also Ryan Matterson and Nathan Brown who are out of favour at Parra that we could pinch. Brown is a trooper and a grunt we need from our forwards and Matterson is an attacking threat and a superstar player that could build some deadly combos on the back of our halves. Centre wise we would preferably need someone that could also cover fullback so William Hopoate is the only off contract player that fits that bill. Otherwise even just a new attacking strike for our outside backs that suit our new fast modern game, buy someone like Lomax, Staggs or even Manu if we can attract him. Let me know what you think about these ideas, but a major clean out is needed, no need to keep most these spuds that are off contract this year.

DCE is rocks or diamonds. On his day he is the best in the business but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

I would consider Calling Kevvie at Brisbane to see if they want DCE moving forward.

I would then consider Adam Reynolds for his game management, general kicking and goal kicking.

DCE is rocks or diamonds. On his day he is the best in the business but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

I would consider Calling Kevvie at Brisbane to see if they want DCE moving forward.

I would then consider Adam Reynolds for his game management, general kicking and goal kicking.
I am a DCE fan because he works his butt off even when we are cr*p...

But he needs to start showing better judgment and accuracy with the ball or I may have to agree with you shortly... a player like Reynolds rarely wastes an attacking opportunity

Kevie would take him in a heart beat.. how can we plant the seed? I wouldn't mind Reynolds either he is the best kicker in the game and ia consistently good

I honestly think its just bide our time and wait re hooker position.

We have 3 high quality first grade hookers: 1. Fainu 2. Cust 3. Lawton.

Why would you sign another one just for what, 1 week cust out and then 8 weeks Lawton? Everyone complains about salary cap but is happy to lock up a fifth hooker for the next couple years just to play the next 7 weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Des go to market for a stop-gap second rower. Few off contract, would be partial to try swap/throw some coin at the following:
1. Riki (probably hard) 2. Talakai 3. Chee-Kam. None would break the bank, maybe the latter two a lot cheaper.

My opinion, these are the players I'd keep and build around:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker (extension 1 year)
06. Josh Schuster
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Resrerves: Cade Cust, Christian Tuipulotu, Morgan Harper, Zac Saddler, Ben Trbojevic, Tolutau Koula, Jack Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake

Development Squad: Youth sides are killing it, top 4 prospects

Leaving the club (12 players): Taupau (Sharks), DCE (Broncos), Foran (retired), Suli (Dragons), Garrick (release), Taufua (release), Funa (release), Sironen (Tigers), Croker (release), Parker (release), Boyle (release), Sipley (release)

Acquisition (targets): Adam Reynolds (Rabbits), Nathan Brown (Parramatta)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8